“High quality food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 83 Restaurants in Sucre
Cuisines: Mexican, American, International, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cozy coffee shop and restaurant at international standards with magnificent open air patio. Subsidiary from Abis Cafe. All we serve at Abis Cafe, we serve here as well, including lunches and dinners with excellent wines. We are mainly known for our irresistible hamburgers, variety of filet steaks, BBQ chickenwings, spareribs, meatballs in tomato sauce with Belgian fries or mashed potatoes. Everything is home-made. Quality, service and hygiene guaranteed!!!WIFI
“High quality food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I promised I'd write a review of Patio so here it is. I went one evening looking for a change from the bland South American food I had been eating and I was extremely happy with my choice! I had the very tasty chicken wings alongside a beef tortilla with a beer to wash it down. The atmosphere was quiet but for me it was perfect. Good music in the background, working wifi, the owner (a really nice Dutch guy) checked that everything was ok and also had a chat with me for 10 minutes.

I was so impressed I went to the Abis Cafe a few days later to try out their ice-creams. Again I wasn't disappointed with a strawberry ice-cream shake. This was one of the nicest desserts I had in all of my travels! The combination was delicious and if I had stayed in Sucre longer I would have got one each day for every meal :D Again the owner was there and he remembered me and said hello.

If you are a few days in Sucre, you can't miss either or both of these places for a very good meal.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ystorms, Owner at Abis Patio, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for your very sweet message. We all love it. There is a little comment to make though, I am not a Dutch but Belgian boy, hahahaha.
Have a safe trip.

London, United Kingdom
“Inconsistent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Went there after reading good reviews in search for the tasty ribs and were disappointed. The good point was the service. Both waiters were super friendly and efficient. The patio is also lovely. We had a shared tapas plate as a starter that was nice. The ribs were disappointing. The taste was good, however they use some strange cuts of ribs for this dish. My portion was at least twice bigger than my partner’s. While his had nearly only bones and a little bit of meat, mine had one bone and quite a lot of cartilage. Such inconsistencies between the two portions ordered at the same time are unacceptable. At least in the menu they say that the ribs are only available on weekends, so you might want to keep it in mind if you go there for ribs during the week.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ystorms, Owner at Abis Patio, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
I am sorry to read that you were disappointed about the ribs. All the ribs we serve have the same weight. We carefully weigh each ribs to make sure that the portions are the same. We also carefully select the ribs. I am very sorry if you had only bones, which should not have happened with the procedure in place to select the ribs. Some ribs may have more meat on top and will be shorter than those with less meat on top. That probably is the reason why one seemed to be bigger. Thank you for the comment, which is definitely not falling in the ears of a death person.
Have a safe trip and sorry again.
Yves
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“So good we ate here twice in one day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Some of the restaurants we tried to go to in Sucre close on a Sunday, not Abis Patio! At lunch I had the hamburger with bacon and my girlfriend had the chicken salad. All the ingredients tasted very fresh and eating in the quiet relaxing garden area was a treat. The latte coffees were the best we experienced in Bolivia or Chile.

In the evening we went back with some friends and had the fillet steak with mushrooms which was cooked perfectly and the mash potato was excellent too. The staff even ran over the road to the supermarket to get more wine for us as we had drank them out of their last bottle of house red.

The owner was also very attentive and ensured we were looked after well by his staff. I wouldn't hesitate in returning to eat here.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ystorms, Owner at Abis Patio, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
What a very pleasant to read message from you. We are here to serve you my dear customer. Thank you for being so kind to have taken some time to write something on Abis Patio. Have a safe trip.
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, main dishes a bit pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Abis Patio's menu is similar to that of Abis Cafe on the Plaza, though with the addition of some main dishes.
I liked the food, but I found the prices for the main dishes (50-60 bs.) a bit pricey, as you can get exactly the same in bolivian restaurants for a third of the price.

That said, because it's usually a lot emptier during the day than Abis Cafe and sports most of its menu, it's perfect for having some cake & coffee using the speedy wifi. :)

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ystorms, Owner at Abis Patio, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for the comments and for the time you made to write something on Abis Patio. Our prices are not the most expensive neither the cheapest. We do use the best quality available and therefore the prices are more expensive than the middle class restaurants. For our steaks and burgers we use the pure filet meat, which is the best you can get. We also have a provider that guarantees the top quality. Indeed, you can find a burger at 10Bs on the streets and maybe in some places, however apples need to be compared with apples. You don't really want to know what is all in that burger. Sometimes the total price might become even much higher if doctors get involved. I hope this is not happening but I have helped already many tourists in such situation with medical aid. Besides the food, there is also the ambient and atmosphere which makes the time enjoyable. It all depends of what you are looking for.
We offer top quality, service and hygiene. Those are the pillars of our business model. People that are looking for this, are very pleased with Abis Patio.
Thank you for your comments and we all wish you a very nice trip.
Yves
Ixelles, Belgium
“the best in Sucre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My wife and I went there three times in the week we spent in Sucre, it was really good the three times. Yves, the Belgian owner, is very friendly and does everything to make you at ease and enjoy the moment. It is not the cheapest (30-55 per dish) but it is the best value for money for sure.

If you are short on money, my favorite three cheap options: Burger with French fries and homemade salsa (28bol), two burritos (26bol) or the sandwich espagnol with chips (27bol) all three delicious. Icecreams are fantastic too and very cheap.

Go, at least once!

Visited May 2014
Ystorms, Owner at Abis Patio, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you so much for your nice comments and for spending much time with us. It is a pleasure for us to serve such great customers as you are. We wish you a nice trip further and maybe see you soon again. We will be delighted to serve you again.