“Hike Maragua Crater and help contribute to the lives of the people who live there” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Condor Trekkers Day Tours

More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have done a lot of guided trips in South America. Most tour companies are happy just herding tourist through their local attractions to make a profit, but Condor Trekkers is a different kind of company. This non-profit offers great 2-4 day trekking to Maragua Crater, dinosaur footprints, and cave paintings, but in addition to making sure that the trekkers have a great experience they are also trying very hard to improve the lives of the people living in the communities that they trek through. The day my group arrived at the small village at the basin of Maragua crater the local school had just opened a new library that had ben funded in part by Condor Trekkers. It felt good to know that my money wasnt just lining the pockets of someone sitting in an office, but it was actively helping the local farmers and families, who's fields and land I was hiking through.

While trekking we had one of the best guides I have ever had on any trek in South America. He was friendly, an amazing cook, and answered every question that anyone tossed his way with enthusiasm. The scenery is breath taking, and I was lucky enough to be with a group of travelers that I hated parting ways with after the hike was over.

If you are in Sucre and thinking about doing a hike, I can't recommend CondorTrekkers enough. It has been the highlight of my trip in Bolivia so far. You get to see the beauty of the land and how people really live outside the big cities and you are playing a part in helping create a better future for the people you meet along the way.

Visited April 2013

• Czech first
Tonyc32
17 attraction reviews
“Best trekking so far in SA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I booked a three day tour with Condor Trekkers while in Sucre.

The trek was one of the best i've had in South America. It was long (up to 17km some days) but you are never rushed.

- We were able to customise the tour to do what we wanted to, not stick to some regimented plan.

- We got to visit some small villages (planned and unplanned). All welcomed the condor staff with open arms as they are non-profit and help these villages out greatly.

- No hidden costs. Everything was included up front.

- Very good guides.

- Food and accommodation was very good.

- Food in the cafe itself was amazing. I ordered two empenadas expecting the usual empanadas which were small and most likely had been sitting around for a day. Noepe! They were fresh made.....and so big they barely fit on the plate. Sure they were full of air but so fresh and good (see pic).

Summary: Fantastic tours. Exceeded all expectations.

Visited April 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Lovely trek and amazing place to see”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We did the 3 day 2 night trek to see the dinosaur footprints. Amazing scenery, great food (much better than other trekkers) fantastic places to stay. The staff are great in the cafe and you get no hassle at all. Honest and welcoming. Henry and Roger our guides were very knowledgeable and interested in if we enjoyed the tour. would recommend!

Visited February 2013
KL
“Great guide, food, and overall organization left us with lots of great memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We started three days of feeling so very lucky that we had stumbled onto Condor Cafe and Trekking. Not only were both the weather and food great, but Condor is one of those companies that really walks their talk. Our guide (Roger) was a graduate of a 5 year tourism degree program and we enjoyed talking with him about everything from Inca legends to local flora and fauna to land ownership, national politics, and indiginous burial practices! He was also super patient with our Spanish speaking and it was great to get so much conversational practice in.

In addition to a guide who made our trip, Condor really is a non-profit that is giving back to the community. We trekked through pastures and fields and paid small permit fees along the way, and at night we stayed in some excellent acommodations that are managed by different families each day so that everyone benefits from the acomm fees trekkers pay to stay. Condor also included everything in the up front tour price, so our guide handled all of the transactions and it was refreshing and relieving to both see the money go directly to the communities and also to not find a bunch of hidden costs once we hand started the trek. Condor really has integrity written all over them and we can't say enough to recommend them.

Visited March 2013
Cairns, Australia
“Amazing trip with an amazing company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My buddy and I just returned from a 3 day trek with Condor, and I really don't know where to start with the praises for this company. To find and to see first hand, a non profit organization putting their hard earned time and money into the development of education and health of the poorest, remote communities of Bolivia is really a special thing. The people at Condor have had an amazing impact on the indigenous communities here and I take my hat off to their dedication to making the world a better place for all.
We were firstly recommended the food in Condor Cafe, and if you're looking for an amazing vegetarian meal with the best coffee in Sucre, then look no further. We then found out about the treks on offer and signed up for a trek leaving the next day. Everything with Condor Trekkers from start to finish was the epitome of professionalism. The food was incredible (supplied by Condor Cafe), the guide was amazing (Johnny) and the scenery was spectacular. Johnny, our guide, worked tirelessly leading our trek, giving information about local sites, towns and people, cooking our food and generally making sure we enjoyed our trek. The trekking is easily done with a basic level of fitness and the scenery and rock formations are well worth every step.
Great food, great guides, and a company that gives everything back to the community, I would recommend doing a trip with Condor Trekkers to anybody.

Visited March 2013