“Great Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 40 Specialty Lodging in Sucre
London, United Kingdom
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Located very centrally with a pretty relaxed vibe. Staff were extremely accommodating allowing us to check in a at 5am. Kitchen facilities are very small and hard to cook with other guests, it gets crowded at lunch and dinner.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Really great hostel. Great breakfast! Good size and very tasty. Private room was a good size with great bathroom attached. Shower was especially good...no electric shocks here! Gas powered showers. Communal space wth TV. Huge book exchange and very helpful staff.

Nantes, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We spent the first two nights in Sucre in this friendly guesthouse. The staff do their best and the hostel is cheap. However, our friends in another room did not even have a bed under their mattress. Maybe we are getting too old, but, in spite of its good vibes, we decided to move on to a cleaner and more expensive place. We can understand that some people like Wasi Masi as it is fairly well-located. It was just not our cup of tea.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
zürich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Twe stayed here for a couple of nights. The hotel is ok, very nice stuff. However it gets very noisy once their kids come back from school around 1600. Thats when the bar opens too and they start playing loud loud heavy metal from hell. It drove me nuts. I asked them to stop but they didnt change the music..... otherwise i would have liked this place

Marseille, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

This hostel is well situated close to the main city square. The staff is nice and helpful, the breakfast is ok and the showers are hot. However the owner Roxana invests little of her time and seems to be indifferent about her own hostel. It's a shame since it seems to be what is missing at this address.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Cairns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

From the get go, we were treated very well by staff. We were given breakfast for free on the day we arrived after an overnight bus ride, which was sensational. Breakfast is great with bread, coffee, fruit and pancakes or an egg. We were also shown around the hostel and shown a map of the area on arrival. The hostel is close to everything you need in sucre.

We paid 70bs per person per night for a double room with private bathroom.

There is a kitchen, tv room with plenty of dvds, three different Wifi services to cover everywhere in the hostel, MASSIVE book exchange, courtyard, bar, great laundry service, daily room cleaning and towels included!! What more do you need?!

The rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable. The shower is warm most of the time, but hot in the early afternoon when people are out and about. The staff always told us to alert them if there were problems with the hot water which was great, but we didn't have any problems.

We had no issues here and found the staff super friendly. Plus there is a really cute dog. Enjoy!

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

The owner is the meanest person I have met in a very long time. I stayed there for 14 days while taking a daily 8:30am Spanish class, and in that time I ate breakfast 4 times because the staff do not show up until 8:10am to start making it so I never had time to eat there. After finding out that those who show up very late to breakfast get pancakes in addition to the usual dry bread and bad coffee, I got fed up and tried to check-out after my spanish class. The owner originally wanted me to pay for one more night because I had missed the check-out time, but once she realized that I had been there for 14 nights she said that if I had stayed one more night (15 total), then I would have gotten 10% off my entire stay, so it worked out better for her to charge me for 14 nights rather than give me the discount. After several more extremely rude comments, I couldn't handle talking to her anymore, and I dropped my money (which I had pre-counted) on the table and walked out.

She then proceeded to chase me down the street demanding more money than what I actually owed (I was 30 pesos off but she wanted 60), and when I refused to pay her 60 pesos, she grabbed one of my bags from my hands to hold it ransom until I paid, and she threatened to call the cops. Meanwhile, her punk son was behind her filming the whole thing with a cell phone. I ripped my bag back from her, completely lost my cool, and told both of them off. After following me for a couple more blocks, she finally accepted the 30 pesos before leaving me alone.

An experience that extreme usually won't happen if you don't complain about anything. But everyone will get to have the convenience of their reservation getting mixed up or lost, the joy of the dog "Balu" barking excessively at all hours of the night for no reason without the staff doing anything to hush him up, scrumptious dry bread, rotten bananas, and clumpy coffee late in the morning, and the exotic hollering and battering of the staff back and forth across the courtyard all day.

To their credit, I originally stayed for so long because it is a good location, they have large secure lockers and good wifi, the place is clean and fairly secure, most of the other staff are very nice, and I met a lot of cool people there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Casa de Huespedes Wasi Masi? Share your experiences!