“Empty but very nice” 5 of 5 stars

(4) 645 1538
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 68 restaurants in Sucre
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Cusco, Peru
“Empty but very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Although we were the only ones there, it did not bother us. We had a delicious dinner! The duck was amazing!! Furthermore they had wines from chilli and argentina for ok prices (100-240b), which were really good. The wine even got filled up by the waiter! Not something we were used to in South America. Overall the service was good. The salad bar is also a big plus, although we heard that during lunch it even has more varieties. It had goat-cheese salad, balsamico vinigar (jammie) and much much more. To my opinion this restaurant should be the number one (instead of La taverne).

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
“Great atmosphere, heavy food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

A lovely place to sit outside and soak up the sun, and boasting a fantastic salad bar, but our mains were overly heavy and rich, and hard to digest. For more subtle cuisine, try La Taverne.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“Very pleasant for a sunny afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Fantastic courtyard dining, perfect for a sunny afternoon. Very friendly service, excellent food at extremely reasonable prices given the quality. Not sure that I'd bother coming in the evening, the inside doesn't seem as appealing as the outside, but the food would still be excellent.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lisbon, Portugal
“So disappointed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The place is pleasant - we sat in the garden during the afternoon, after making a reservation.
Our tri-color cebiche as appetizer was nice but we had mixed feelings about the entrees: while the steak was good, the "chicken picante" was not. It didn't have any flavor or marination. Further more, my boyfriend got sick after eating it.

At 2pm when we went to help ourselves from the salad bar it was half empty. If they are not going go replenish the salads, the least they could do would be to take away the empty plates as it looks really bad. I felt I was helping myself out of left overs - and we weren't certainly paying for left-overs!!

I had made a reservation asking for a desert with a candle for my boyfriend birthday but they forgot about this so I had to remind them there and then, obviously ruining the surprise. I told them to cancel the desert with candle but they still showed up with it, with the candle off. That was quite a flop!

The place is not totally bad, not I didn't find it as good as other reviews neither. Too pretentious without delivering accordingly.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bromont, Canada
“Top-notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

It can be a long walk from the center, but once you get to the fountain, you're almost there. Be careful not to miss it, the facade is not really evident.

The food is awesome. With any entree, you have the salad bar to start up with. It is not a typical american-style salad bar. It is a few high-quality selected dishes (beets, cheese, beans, aragula, etc) instead of the standard all over the place generic stuff. It is very good to start with.

The entrees are hard to select, since the menu is very attractive. My wife went for the filet mignon which was perfect. I chose the duck breast, which was huge and cooked to perfection. Mash potatoes were from heaven. Wine selection is outstanding.

I would only recommend that they turn down the lights a little. The lighting is harsh. This dining room is so beautiful with the open wine cellar, it would deserve proper lights.

It is a must if you love good refined food and are in Sucre

Visited September 2012