“"The worst of the worst"” 1 of 5 stars

You added Valery Hotel to your Saves list
Valery Hotel
Av. Litoral esq. Colquechaca, Potosi 0000, Bolivia   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Potosi
“"The worst of the worst"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

A month ago I booked a room for my wedding night I was offered the Package of honeymoon night, with chanpane floral arrangementsand all that, and when we showed up,there was nothing at all, so if you are thinking to book a room for that special night you should think in some other place because this Valery hotel SUCKS!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014

Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

First of all, this is probably the ugliest hotel in South America. The decorations are downright hideous and gave me nightmares.

The location is not central, nor charming.... I was here for a weekend and they put me on the first floor (even though the hotel was EMPTY). Every weekend there is an enormous street market and I had people peering into my window!

The bed was comfortable, there was a minibar, but they bathroom was terrible- there was no proper shower, it drained into the center of the bathroom!! This is not what I expected from a hotel that touts so many stars....

Breakfast was poison.

When I tried to check out, the staff claimed I had to pay for an additional night. The morning staff had told me it would be fine if I left my SINGLE bag in the room while I went exploring in Potosi and could check-out right before my bus left. The staff was extremely rude to me and there was NO manager to call to straighten out the situation. I wound up having to give them cash for the one night and left with the screaming at me.

BEWARE!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

We had reservations at the Hostal Colonial since our Lonely Planet 2007 guide listed it as one of the best, but after looking at the rooms we decided to stay elsewhere. We visited the 4 top hotels in town and this was by far the best of the lot. As it is brand new, they still have a couple of problems they have to work out. New towels and sheets and comfortable beds. The wool covers were so new that they shed. Service was very nice. As taxis are very unexpensive it is not important where in town you stay. After all, there are only 2 places worth visiting in Potosi, the Museo de la Moneda and the Santa Teresa Museum. We had a nice meal at the4060 restaurant.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Valery Hotel? Share your experiences!