“Almost the UP but not quite” 3 of 5 stars
Review of U.P. North Sandwich & Pasty Co.

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
U.P. North Sandwich & Pasty Co.
1256 Lincoln Rd., Allegan, MI
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 22 Restaurants in Allegan
Cuisines: American
Negaunee, Michigan
“Almost the UP but not quite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My wife and I were visiting my sister and her family last week and we decided to go to the UP North Sandwich and Pasty Company. We live in the middle of the pasty country...Negaunee.

The pasties had all the ingredients but not the flavors. Mine was not cooked evenly, dry and it was short on the meat, rutabaga, salt and pepper as well. My wife and sister had chicken salad on a croissant. Looked good but the chicken was on piece not chopped and a little heavy in the fruit and nuts.

Service was good but not great. Interior was nice with old time mining photos spread throughout.

All and all I might go back but not sure.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Nampa, Idaho
“Pasties! What more can we say!?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Real north country pasties, with gravy, are the headline on the UP North menu (my fav), but it is by no means the only thing to order. Everything from salads to hot dogs and yummy desserts are available ... but if you are a pastie lover, this is the place!!