“The chance to grill your steak at a cool restaurant.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Allegan, Michigan
“The chance to grill your steak at a cool restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Over all I am very pleased with how The Grill House operates. I like that I am given the chance to go back in the kitchen to prepare my steak the way I want it. Bad part is I can't blaim anybody else if I don't like what I cooked. I have always had great service here. Everyone is clean and polite. My food is always hot and I am never left without a drink of my choice. The Grill house has a sister restaurant called The Sillo. Great place for a wedding or some other party needing to be catered.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Nice place. Good food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

A very busy night and we didn't have a reservation. But they found a table for us. Good food. Molly was our waitress and she was working hard keeping all her tables happy. Another great night at the Grill House.

Visited December 2013
Lansing, Michigan, United States
“What a tasty and fun dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I happened upon this establishment at the end of a very long and difficult day. We had never been in the area before and didn't know what we were in for. We thoroughly enjoyed picking out a cut of filet mignon to share ( portions are huge! ) and grilling it together. It really beat sitting and waiting for our meal and we enjoyed the interaction. The steak was amazing and melted in our mouths! Service was friendly - even though we showed up near closing time.

Visited November 2013
Caledonia, Michigan
“Great Steak house”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had dinner here on a Friday night. Sat in the basement bar area, which is nice. Upstairs you can cook your own steak, downstairs they will do it for you for $2. Steaks are excellent, sides are family style and you do not have a a choice. Service was good, not excellent. Past trips we had the fish which was ok, but it is a steakhouse, so I would stick with that. Prices range from $14 to $29 for the filet. Steaks are large and can be split between 2 people easily. This restaurant was a stagecoach stop and bar in the 1800's, and a guy was claimed to have been killed in the bar. They say he (Jack) still haunts the place, saying glasses move, lights go on and off, doors open. We did have the lights go off a time or two, but that was all Jack was doing the night we were there. The restaurant gets crowded during the holidays, and does not take reservations after 5:30 on the weekends, so plan accordingly.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Cook your own food????”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended by our B&B owner. He mentioned that we should get two menus (which we did) and learned that part of the attraction is cooking your own steak! First off, the salad and entree (with all the sides) was very good. Dessert...not so much. Kinda pricey considering we had to cook our own food. Would recommend this place simply for that experience.

Visited October 2013