“Romantic stay in Vina!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 43 hotels in Vina del Mar
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Romantic stay in Vina!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My spouse and I stayed here as our first destination of a romantic vacation in Chile. This is one of the best hotel we've been to. The service goes above and beyond our expectations and all the staff was very welcoming and extremely helpful! The food, at the Farewell bar was excellent and the included breakfast offered more than your regular continental breakfast.The eggs, bacon, ruits and perfect coffee made it for a great start to our day! The spa/ fitness section is very well maintained with excellent service at the gym. Only down side is that the jacuzzis, dry and wet saunas are separated for men and women. This hotel may be on the expensive side, but it's worth every penny. You feel like you are on a boat cruise and you get amazing views of the ocean from your room, not to mention the great sound of waves. If I had one recommendation to make is that we would have appreciated a coffee maker in our room, otherwise, this was a perfect stay and we are not the easiest people to please :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, more spacious and more windows
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
thomjec, Manager at Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your important feedback and for your preference. We are very glad to see that we fulfilled your expectations. For any additional comments, questions or for a future reservation, please contact us: reservas.miramar@sheraton.com. Thank you very much.

483 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Expensive, expensive,expensive...Very good again but pricey, everything from food to drinks and breakfast buffet not too good,,the location is excellent and the views amazing, the staff is very good and try to help you as much as they can.
If you want to go to some restaurants or entertainment,there's plenty nearby and also the casino wich is a must is a few blocks away .Because we were there in winter, we could not use the outside facilities but they looked great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your important feedback. Your opinion is very important. We apologize for any inconvenience. If possible, please contact us at: reservas.miramar@sheraton.com, so we can get in touch with you to look into the details. Thank you very much.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I spent lots of time on my balcony to enjoy the ocean view and sea life. Loved the sunsets. It was too chilly to swim but the pool looked nice. You could walk to a wide selection of restaurants. My massage at the hotel spa was fantastic. It is pricey. I paid over $300 a night. My only complaint was that our room keys stopped working several times. I was much more understanding than many of the guests that complained. Breakfast was good. I would return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
thomjec, Manager at Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your important feedback and for your preference. We are very glad to see that we fulfilled your expectations. We will review / solve the key issue and would like to appologize for that. For any additional comments, questions or for a future reservation, please contact us: Miramar.reservas@sheraton.com. Thank you very much,
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I did make an email to the management of the hotel because with a superb location like they have and the name they have there were many flows. the management took into account my comments and told me that they actually adjusted few of the points I mentioned. It has been three months since my visit so I encourage any visitor to check my critics and let us know if anything has been changed. On my side I will go back to this hotel but instead of booking the whole week i will go and try it for a day or two and then decide to stay or go back to my other favorite hotel there. I was there for business and pleasure.

This is the letter I sent the management in April 2013:

First of all the Hotel is beautiful and has fantastic views and good facilities gym and spa. For the rest some order has to be done. In general the people are nice but do not have clues of the term service. Beside Jose Luis in the restaurant, the others are kind of inexistant. My main complain is with the food and beverage department. First the dining hall was not vacuumed every night. One night I had diner with guest, I drop my medicine on the floor, the next day I took the same table not only the pilule was on the floor but a piece of bread dropped the night before. I change silverware almost at every meal. Seems that no one is checking it before putting it on the table. The first breakfast the coffee was so bad that I mentioned it, they could not make it better. Fortunately I complain at the front desk and the next day it was not good but drinkable, and the third day a little bit better. The diner offered some good food and some that was not to expectations. On Sunday we went for the Brunch with my wife and we had only possibility to seat at 3:00 pm with the brunch closing at 3:30 pm, only left overs and most of the dishes not renewed for me a catastrophy. Fortunately they gave a rose to my wife and it made her day, not mine. the room service was a contract the young lady that brought us diner had everything like we ordered and very well attentive to our demands. Now for the breakfast. First time, I go to a starwood hotel where the croissants are not done in the morning??? They keep it in a hot compartment to keep them soft but if you do not eat them in the 5 minutes they become hard and barely eatable. Only on Sunday we had fresh croissants? The breakfast buffet was a new one every day, I understand that because of seasons and so on you might differences but so many differences and every day is a joke. The funniest that it seems that the person in charge of the butter had no clue of what butter was, one time with the breads, one time with the cold cuts, one time with fruits and yogurts, one time next to juices?? It reminded me when Walmart wants their customers to look for their usual buys??? Parking very attentive but 10 minutes wait to get the car, no matter if many people or if no one? Internet is another topic, free in the lobby but not free in the rooms. Additionnally when you have many connected devices you can only connect one a a time, very inconvenient, we are in 2013? We stayed at the Sheraton because my wife loved your bar when she came late last year. Unfrtunately the bar is closed most of the week. I guess because low season? most of personel starts work at 8:00 am in the restaurant same reason I think. I usually stayed at your competitor Hotel del Mar, which has the same view and the same facities, but never had these surprises. I believe that when reaching these price levels in the middle of the low seasons, I was entitle to expect more. My only compensation was the beautiful view from my Balcony and the seats on the Balcony and also what I enjoy very much a good shower. I was alos disappointed that no one came in the afternoon to open the bed and leave a chocolate or a sweet. The good thing was a sign coming out of the elevator saying Starwood preferred guess, at least I was reminded that I was a preferred guest, I do not want to know about the the non preferred one. For me besides the view from the room and the architecture, the rest has really a need for improvements. Last thing: you organize an exhibition in the lower Lobby, make sure that when people come to set-up on a Sunday, between the drills and the paint of the booth maybe something should be organize a little differently. I guess it was Murphy's law for me this time and maybe I will give you a second chance next year, but if the same I will leave the second day and not stay 6 days like I usually do

.Now that I have started the survey, i was thinking and I come to realize that maybe the staff needs a little bit more training. One example, the cleaning was perfect for the 6 nights I stayed in my room, but twice the cleaning staff forgot the trash basket on top of the bathroom and one time forgot her roll of paper towels ( actually it was good for me since I needed some paper towels). If it is not this , I think that maybe they were slightly under staffed for the week-end?

Room Tip: all the rooms have great views, I prefer the left side of the Hotel because you can see Valparaiso a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
thomjec, Manager at Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hello, thank you very much for posting again these comments. We are looking forward welcoming you back. Your comments are very important. We would also like to inform you that our Bar is open on a daily basis. You can contact us at reservas.miramar@sheraton.com so we can get in touch with you regarding the details. Thank you very much for your important feedback, greetings,
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is a super place in every way. The building itself is incredible. The outside doesn't quite do it justice (although the front view coming from the direction of the Flor de Reloj helps some). The inside is stunning- completely modern and minimalist with amazing little touches. For example, on the basement level, there is a small art garden. Also, the metal and glass spiral heading up the elevator shaft. This place is beautiful!

The staff are also awesome. Front desk staff was superb. They are very helpful with giving directions and good food suggestions as well. The room was also very nice with a great balcony. Nice, spacious room with a spacious bathroom.

Oh, also the gym is top-notch. I wonder if people from outside are members of this gym. It wouldn't surprise me- they have a couple of fitness studios (one filled with what looked like 2 dozen spinning bikes) as well as tons of equipment. You can use several of the machines that overlook the sea which is really cool! Indoor swimming pool was also great. Instead of completely closing the outdoor pool, they still tended to it which made a great view from up above to not have the pool tarped.

Vina del Mar is excellent and the Sheraton made it even that much better! Wish I stayed a day or 2 longer!! There's a real sense of quality here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
thomjec, Manager at Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your important feedback and for your preference. We are very glad to see that we fulfilled your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay a lot. For any additional comments, questions or for a future reservation, please contact us: Miramar.reservas@sheraton.com. We hope to welcome your back in a near future. Thank you very much
Woodside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

While not being the most modern hotel, I don't think you can beat the location. There are no other waterfront hotels in the area. I think every room looks out to the ocean, with a lovely deck. I was on the top floor, which gives a lovely view of the city as well. Breakfast was something one can pass on, except breakfast with a waterfront view.. well, that part was special. I went in winter, so it's pretty affordable. Summer likely requires more advance reservations.

Room Tip: up, up, up!! Go as high as you can!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
thomjec, Manager at Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your important feedback and for your preference. We are very glad to see that we fulfilled your expectations. We will continue to improve our breakfast buffet. For any additional comments regarding the breakfast, questions or for a future reservation, please contact us: Miramar.reservas@sheraton.com. Thank you very much,
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very, very nice hotel, the location is beautiful and every room has an ocean view. We stayed in a standard room but there was nothing standard about it.. it was fantastic! The staff is friendly and efficient and the restaurants are excellent. All in all, a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
thomjec, Manager at Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your important feedback and for your preference. We are very glad to see that we fulfilled your expectations. For any additional comments, questions or for a future reservation, please contact us: Miramar.reservas@sheraton.com. Thank you very much
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vina del Mar
Neruda Mar Suite Hotel
Neruda Mar Suite Hotel
#21 of 43 in Vina del Mar
3.5 of 5 stars 67 reviews

Been to Sheraton Miramar Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!