“A decent budget hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vina del Mar
Hotel Rokamar
Viana 107 with Von Schroeders, Vina del Mar 2520431, Chile   |
Ranked #27 of 43 hotels in Vina del Mar
Phoenix, Arizona
“A decent budget hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2006

Wow... I had a much better experience at this hotel than the other reviewer. I agree that $63 would be a lot for this place, but in March 2006 I only paid $24.50 for room 16 (has one double bed). I found that in Chile, you get lower rates if you call the hotel directly instead of booking over the internet. I agree about the rooms in the basement... I was tempted to take one there because it would be dark and quiet, but the air didn't smell good because of lack of ventilation. I was happy with the sheets in my room; they appeared to be all cotton, and were in good condition. In fact, I thought the bed and pillows in my room were very comfy. They have satellite TV. The only thing that bothered me about the place was the noise factor. The hotel is located at a very busy intersection, and some people will have trouble sleeping. If you are the type that goes to bed at 11pm and gets up at 7am, you will probably be fine. They have indoor parking for six cars; the problem is that you can hear the car doors slamming and engines starting, and alarms going off because the parking area is directly below the rooms. I have one of those "white noise" machines that I take with me when I travel... it helps mask out most noise except car alarms. I would probably stay here again. If you don't like this place when you get here, there are probably at least 20 hotels within a 5 block radius you can check out. The front desk staff was incredibly helpful with maps and lots of useful information.

• Stayed March 2006

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2006

I stayed here for two nights based solely on the fact that it was the cheapest hotel in Vina del Mar I could find on the web. At $63, it wasn't that cheap, but it seemed reasonably nice in the pictures and descriptions. Wrong! It was probably the biggest dump I've ever stayed in! What a ripoff at $63! The first room they showed us was in the basement, accessed through the parking garage, and was tiny with NO WINDOWS. They then moved us to an upstairs, slightly better room with a window overlooking the hallway. By the way, there was no balcony in either room, contrary to the expedia description. Literally all the sheets and towels in the room were blood-stained and thread-bare. The TV remote was broken, there was no air-conditioning, and the door didn't even have a deadbolt or chain. Everything in the hotel was filthy-looking and way past its prime. It was probably a really nice hotel circa 1960, but it obviously hasn't been improved at all since then. The two good things: friendly staff and decent (not great) location.

• Stayed January 2006

Been to Hotel Rokamar? Share your experiences!