“Great location and lovely rooms, but a little expensive for what it is.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gala Hotel & Centro de Eventos

Save Saved
You added Gala Hotel & Centro de Eventos to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Gala Hotel & Centro de Eventos
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Arlegui 273, Vina del Mar -, Chile   |
Ranked #18 of 43 hotels in Vina del Mar
“Great location and lovely rooms, but a little expensive for what it is.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011 via mobile

The hotel staff were friendly and quite helpful. The buffet breakfast was average with limited options. The rooms were quite nice but nothing special. Location was great - we walked to the hotel from the bus station (we caught the bus from santiago to vina del mar). It was also an easy walk to the train station, so we could spend the day in valparaiso.

• Stayed November 2011

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Santiago, Chile
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Rooms are are worn out, the carpets are old. The mattress is too soft. Its not the place you want to go on a family trip.
The Restaurant is OK, nothing fancy, it's prices are definetely overvalued though.
Location downtown Viña, is a bit scary by night.
Pople who work there were very friendly.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing cerro castillo, you'll get a bit of sea view. Above 8th floor
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Manado Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

I stayed at the hotel because the one Sheraton Hotel at Vina del mar is fully booked. There was a mine conference take place and its really hard to find three rooms at hotel near sheraton miramar. I live in indonesia so I have no idea of Chile's weather, locations and landscape. I give in to tripadvisor and google to work for me. Luckily I found this hotel. The front view of the hotel is not promising when we arrived and I am a bit dissapointed. However, when I checked in and stayed there for about 5 days 4 night, I have to changed my first impression.

This hotel is great! well, its no 5 stars hotel but the value matched the room rates. The staff there were friendly. Receptionists speak English fluently. The swimming pool is small but its ok because we do not have time to use it due to the tight conference schedule.

This is my first time visit ti this country and the receptionists really helpful with booking a tour, help us with maps. Its near the beach, near the restaurants. To go to shopping malls you have to take a cab which is not cheap.

The room is a bit small but homey and comfy. My room has amazing view to the river and vina del mar. The cleaning service ladies wearing a cute uniforms with apron and all that, remind me a bit of "Little Missy", a telenovela I watched when I was only a child.

This hotel is great, you won't regret the experience.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Chester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2008

We picked this hotel because it had a central location and an outdoor pool - one of the few in Vina Del Mar that had both.

The reception area was nice and modern. The rooms are very dated, but ours was nice and bright and had everything we needed.

The outdoor pool was a bit of a letdown. It was tiny with only 2 sunbeds and the workmen had to walk right by us to get to the engine room. They were very polite but it was a bit disconcerting having people inching past you in dirt overalls and big boots whilst I was in my bikini. You also had to walk through the restauratn to get to the pool which again was a bit odd.

Breakfast was ok, the views from the breakfast room were lovely.

I would probably stay somewhere else next time, although the choice within Vina del Mar is limited.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Gala Hotel & Centro de Eventos? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Gala Hotel & Centro de Eventos

Address: Arlegui 273, Vina del Mar -, Chile
Location: Chile > Valparaiso Region > Vina del Mar
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool
Ranked #18 of 43 hotels in Vina del Mar
Hotel Class:4 star — Gala Hotel & Centro de Eventos 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookingOdigeoWL, Booking.com and Otel so you can book your Gala Hotel & Centro de Eventos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Gala Hotel & Centro de Eventos, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.