“Everything excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Mendoza
“Everything excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

What can I say? It is the best restaurant in Viña del Mar. The food, the service, everything. The waiter explained us all we wanted to know about each item in the menú.
The place is quiet an nice, it was perfect for a romantic dinner.

• Visited June 2013

Sao Paulo, SP
“Best one in Viña.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Good service, good food, good location and definately some good wine. Waiter speaks english and explained well including some tips about what was really fresh and what wasn't. Good for a romantic dinner.

Visited July 2013
San Jose, California
“Best restaurant in Vina”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I loved this restaurant so much that I ate here twice on my three day trip to Vina del Mar. The owners were so personable. The food was delicious. I am a big fan of ceviche and their ceviche was very unique and so darn good. The ceviche to me was the most memorable meal I had during my whole trip to Chile.

• Visited December 2012
Buenos Aires
“Eel stew so delicious Neruda wrote a poerm about it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

One of the joys of travel and embracing each countries cuisine is the surprises you get when you order something that you aren't 100% sure that you know what it is. My spanish is good enough for me to read the description of the menu and take a wild guess and what the dish is. Occasionally I come across a menu item that is out of my vocabulary. In times like these I always choose to let my adventurous side out and if the waiter tells me that it's an excellent choice I'll agree to it.

While visiting Viña del Mar in Chile, i came across a word in spanish that was foreign to me....congrio. But at the waiter's enthusiastic recommendation combined with my taste for the unknown, I agreed to give my tastebuds their first gamble with "Caldillo de congrio"

When the dish came I knew that I had ordered a fish stew of some sort. It was hot so while waiting for it to cool I googled it on my iphone and in a matter of seconds knew the truth about this dish I had ordered. "Congrio" is the name for conger eel, a species of eel that is common in the Chilean Sea. The dish is made by boiling together fish heads, onion, garlic, coriander, carrots, pepper. After the ingrediants are boiled stock is poured in.

Caldillo de Congrio is not only one of Chile's national dish but apparently was one of Pablo Neruda's favorites as well. He liked it enough to write a poem about it entitled "Oda al Caldillo de Congrio" (ode to eel soup). The soup was warm, comforting, nurturing, as if the most flavorful sea creatures in the ocean decided to have a pool party and invited some vegetables to join in as well. My introduction to this Chilean favorite as fall turned to winter here in South America and I needed something to both warm my body and soul....

• Visited May 2013
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food. The waiter Pablo was very attention giving very good recommendations of wine and food.

The tuna was amazing!! The salad very fresh.

Bread and butter with flavor delicious.

Desert (the mousse) was ok, it was not a French mousse, but regular one. I would try a different next time.

Overall very very good !!!

• Visited May 2013