“charming hotel and great place” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Santino
Av Valparaiso 78, Vina del Mar 23400000, Chile   |
Ranked #19 of 43 hotels in Vina del Mar
West Palm Beach, Florida
“charming hotel and great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

.hotel santino you will feeling like at home great people they can speak eglish also.friendly place .it very safe , and 24hours securty and wifi connnection at free and free breakfast .the rooms are very comfortable and many pillows and blanets. and nice clean .great beds and tv and great bathrooms .plenty of hot water the locate is excelent literally 3 block from the beach and ocean , the outside dining watch the ocean. GREAT dining
have great shopping . the locate is excellent. You do not have car .You have metro and bus any where in citie . it safe in citie. HOTEL is like being at home. It is very amaziing place to stay.you should come see ..Hotel is excent for family .business and occassion , by your self you feel at home.

Room Tip: all rooms at great
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I live in Downtown Chicago. So when I saw the hotel I was wondering what I was getting into. The people that work there were amazing. They addressed every need I had and literally made me feel like I was staying in a close relative's home. Good things were: the people working there, the location and the price. You are literally 3-4 blocks from a beach 3-4 blocks away from the San Martin area. Just up the street at the corner (Von Schroerder) you can walk 1 KM to evem more beautiful beaches. The only negative I have is that the water pressure was low and I water temperature was inconsistent (too hot or not hot water). I almost forgot to mention, they have security cameras trained on all sides of the building with a person watching them at all time. So I felt safe leaving my laptop, passport and money there.

Room Tip: Get are double room deluxe for one person. Its one third of the price of the leading hotels
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
El Salvador
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012 via mobile

I am not sure how this hotel has got so many five star reviews. Some of the public areas look recently decorated, but our room certainly had nothing new in it. Our bed was old and saggy which meant we got a poor nights sleep. The bathroom was extremely small and the bath mat was very dirty. The breakfast consisted of two pieces of toast, only toasted on one side and some slightly stale cake. The hotel also had some dodgy looking bars nearby and no off street parking. This hotel is definitely over rated at the moment.

• Stayed January 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011 via mobile

As I was ready to write a review for this great hotel, I came across a review from another visitor that seemed upset about something and decided to write a nasty review about Hotel Santino that does not represent this tastefully renovated hotel. If you like to stay in hotel where everything is new, come and stay here. You will not be dissatisfied. Everything was great in this place, the manager greeted us with the upmost respect and courtesy, anything that I needed in my stay was made available me without any issues. Come and stay here, I recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I was recently in Vina del Mar in a business trip for this year event and I decided to stay in a privately owned non-chain hotel. I was recommended to stay in Hotel Santino. This is a newly fully renovated hotel, with an excellent staff. I was greeted with open arms as if I was in one of the finest 5 star hotel of the world. I also recommend Hotel Santino to anyone visiting Vina.

Room Tip: Ask for the manager!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Buenos Aires, Argentina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Terrible hotel, the shower had only 3 minutes of hot water by clock, the room was next to a bar with really loud music until 3 am. The breakfast more than poor and tasteless and yes...bed bugs, disgusting and dreadful. On the web page that we booked it said they accept credit cards and when we finally were running of there, we had to go to a bank to withdraw money to pay they since they did not accept them! Additionally it is far away from the beautiful part of Viña. Not recommended at all. For the price you pay you can find another hotel way better than this.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Santino? Share your experiences!