“Perfect in everyday” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
“Perfect in everyday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a meal at this restaurant last year and recommended it to our six friends and it was even better than last time.

We sat inside before but this time we were shown to our table on the new verranda outside overlooking the stunning Burj Al Arab. It was lit up in pink with a white ribbon for Breast Cancer Awareness during October.

The service by Max Sreejith Nurik was excellent they were very attentive to our group at the table and very patient when we asked them to take numerous pictures on different cameras!!

I think we all made different choices for our food and everyone of really enjoyed all 3 courses. It was for us the best meal of our holiday at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

The peace and quiet of the evening with the amazing view will last with me a long time and we will definitely go back next year.

• Visited October 2013

87% Recommend
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Perfectly fine. Just not our cup of tea.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We went there the other night for our anniversary and really, I can't fault anyone or anything (except the amuse bouche, but I'll get to that later). It's just that all the reviews I've heard/read go on about how marvelous a setting it is and frankly, it wasn't... to us. I can see how visitors might think it quite nice because you're sitting outdoors, on the beach, looking at the Burj Al Arab. I might even be happy enough to do that myself, if I were looking at the Burj across a romantically-lit palm dotted beach. But you're not. It's just sand. And the Burj. No palms. No romantic lighting. And personally, I don't find the Burj all that attractive a building. Perhaps if it were a sprawling building done with Islamic architecture details or some such, that would be okay too. But it's not. It's this concrete and metal rocket-like structure.
Again, no one's fault. The setting just isn't my cup of tea.
Particularly as we really lucked out and there were a bunch of kids between the ages of 6 and 10 playing on the beach right in front of us.
Once more, no one's fault and I have nothing against kids. Even have one myself! But put a bit of a damper on our romantic dinner.
Other than all that, our table was strewn with rose petals, our waitress was lovely (very friendly, very efficient, and very helpful), everyone else we dealt with was very nice, and the food was nice. Our scallop starter was really delicious. The seafood paella we shared was nothing to rave about but it was certainly nice.
The only food-related problem was the amuse bouche they brought us prior to serving our starter. It was a marinated piece of salmon with something or other. I forget. I think my brain blotted parts out. And let me just say, I like Salmon. REALLY like it. Cooked, smoked, whatever. I had a nibble of this piece of salmon and initially thought... eh... whatever. A bit innocuous. But very quickly, I was made to understand that I had made a very grave error in judgement as I almost gagged. It was so awful that I seriously considered whether or not I wanted to stay to try anything else! I can only assume that it was me and not the poor salmon/chef or that I happened to get a bit that had something very wrong with it, because there was a decided lack of other people desperately reaching for bread, wine or whatever else they could get their hands on to eradicate the flavour.
I do have to repeat though that there is really nothing wrong with this restaurant. It just isn't our cup of tea.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
England
“A nice meal with a nice view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Villa Beach is a nice fine dining restaurant with an excellent view of the Burj Al Arab. If you stay at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel on a half board option, you can pay a small supplement to eat at this restaurant. It is worth it.

Visited October 2013
Scotland
“Excellent food in an amazing setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I ate here as part of the Summer Flavours dining promotion (no supplement), it was actually our third choice for the night but we're glad it tuned out the way it did. The menu choice was unrestricted.

The setting is really amazing, it's in the grounds of the Jumeriah Beach Hotel but it's on the beach almost in front of the Burj Al Arab. We chose one of the tables almost on the sand and it was very romantic and peaceful.

The service and food where both excellent.

• Visited September 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Real hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

On a recent visit to Dubai a friend recommended dinning at the villa beach hotel. So I decided to book a table and what an amazing experience it was. The restaurant is situated by the beach and has the best location in all of Dubai as it overlooks the Burj Al Arab. The food was wonderful with lots of modern twists. I had the langoustine as an appetiser which came in a steaming jar! The flavours were a fusion of citrus, lemongrass, fennel and apricot and were spectacular. I had the lamb trio for my main and this was out of this world. The presentation of the dish actually looked like art work! I was very impressed with this restaurant and the staff. I can’t recommend it highly enough. It is a real hidden gem and a must if you are looking for somewhere special to dine in Dubai

• Visited September 2013