“Yalumba restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #108 of 5,560 restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Eclectic, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Description: Yalumba features modern eclectic cuisine with a unique blend of flavours from the East and West. The restaurant, famous for its themed bubbly Friday brunch also offers a lavish breakfast and lunch buffet with a la carte options.
Stafford, England, United Kingdom
“Yalumba restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have always used this restaurant when staying at le meridian .The meals we could not fault and the selection well spoilt for choice.First time this year we dined at lunch time again excerlant ,cold or hot buffet.Very friendly staff nothing was to much trouble.outstanding jan on entering yulumba well what a welcome she gave us.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LeMeridienFB, Manager at Yalumba, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Joan,

Thank you for sharing your dining experience at Yalumba in Tripadvisor.

We are more than happy to note that you liked the restaurant design and concept. Once again, thank you for appreciating our service standards as well as the food quality.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Yalumba in the near future.

85% Recommend
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“gone down hill - don't go!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Years ago this restaurant used to be great. But sadly the food is very very average now, nearing on poor. There is nothing Australian about it either! We used to go there for the wonderful atmosphere for friend's birthdays and for Australia Day. yes the price has dropped but I would rather pay more and get better (decent) quality. After our last 2 visits, I will never venture there again .... unless it lifts it's game significantly.

Visited June 2013
LeMeridienFB, Manager at Yalumba, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

While thanking you for your continued patronage of Yalumba, please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you had with food the last two times you visited. Your valuable feedback is extremely important to us. The whole team of Yalumba Chefs along with the Executive Chef has been notified of your feedback and we will take every step to improve the quality of food.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide me with your contact details, so that I could discuss every aspect of your experience which will in return could be taken up for the betterment of every single guest of Yalumba.

Looking forward to hear from you

Toronto, Ontario
“Good Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Good service. The staff is very attentive and ready to serve you to the best of their ability. The food is not too bad at all, but nothing to write home about. Nice ambience. I only had breakfast, which is not too bad.

Visited July 2013
LeMeridienFB, Manager at Yalumba, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Kestral,

Thank you for your valuable comments on your dining experience at Yalumba.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed the service provided by our ambassadors.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

“Ruined!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

It was a hot day 42*C and as part of a 40 pax birthday party we rented the big limo and went to the Yalumba Brunch. As I was part of a group booking I was not informed the dress code was NO SHORTS ALLOWED however the staff on the restaurant reception desk immediately rushed me and kicked up a huge fuss waving a pair of trousers at me ordering me to change very embarrassing. It told them there was no need to be so over the top and aggressive deliberately showing me up in front of other guests. I was actually wearing tailored shorts with a dress shirt and proper shoes. However they did let a local man in without challenge who was wearing board shorts and there were many women wearing shorts along with others wearing jeans training shoes and flip flops. The trousers they gave me were far to small for my waist so they could not be fully done up neither I could not sit wearing them so I had to undo the waist before I sat down. Then the rather rude receptionist came up to me and told me if I did not do the trousers up she would get security to throw me out though sitting down my legs were not even visible under the table cloth. I told her to I wanted to speak to the manager but she refused to get him and was determined to make some sort of example of me. At this point she almost cost the restaurant 20,000 AED as the whole group were prepared to leave. This was a rather unfortunate incident which caused an otherwise happy event to be spoiled. The food and beverage was quite good and the table staff were fantastic its just a shame the over zealous reception staff were out to spoil the fun. I don't object to the dress code only to the uneven and clumsy way it was enforced. Some review of this policy and some staff training is needed. As a former manager in 5 star hotels I would be very concerned if this was happening in one of my hotels.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
LeMeridienFB, Manager at Yalumba, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience we have caused you last Friday. I have investigated the matter & thought it would be appropriate to bring the findings to your notice.

Please note that the host of your table is a very regular guest of Yalumba Friday Brunch and well aware of the dress code policy. The same was communicated to him when the booking confirmation was sent on 13th June 2013. Providing trousers is a customary service at Le Meridien Dubai to any guest who may come in shorts to avoid disappointment and not able to join the celebration. We have no restrictions for our female patrons to wear shorts/skirts/dress during brunch and there were no “local guests” allowed in shorts for brunch, though there has been one in-house guest who wanted to see “what was going on” inside. He was informed of the dress code and left in a minute’s time. He never dined in Yalumba.

In regards of the particular Reception associate, she has been spoken on all issues to ensure to be diplomatic whilst explaining the dress code policy to our patrons.

Once again, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience we have caused you and hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a pleasant dining experience.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Brunch with a party vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We recently went there as a group on a hen party. I was a bit nervous as I'd heard lots of reviews about Yalumba being a hardcore party venue.
We had a good service, great champagne (although nobody offered us the choice of three we were just given Bollinger but what the heck we went with it). The buffet itself was fairly average compared to others in this price range but ordering off the menu was a good option as what we ordered off here was good quality. By the end we just wished we had ordered a bit more food!
Great atmosphere, lots of fun. The only slightly bug bear was the lack of refill before the end. They were only prepared to fill up half a glass of champagne per person and then went on a very hard sell to get us to buy more champagne at a cost at the end (which they achieved). All in all though we had a very enjoyable afternoon here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
LeMeridienFB, Manager at Yalumba, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Vicki Haverson,

We would like to thank you for the kind word you used to describe your dining experience at Yalumba Brunch.

It is a pleasure to read that you find our food and beverage selection excellent as well as the service provided by our ambassadors.

Thank you once again for your personal recommendation and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Your Sincerely,