“Very dissapointing food - Overpriced” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sho Cho

Sho Cho
jumeira, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Jumeirah)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,079 of 5,835 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Japanese, Bar, Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jumeirah
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Very dissapointing food - Overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

The food was really disappointing and very overpriced - nothing of it stood out or tasted particularly good! The outside seating is very nice and I am sure its great to sit outside for drinks - but the food is totally overpriced and not worth it! The manager was also very obviously rushing the waiters to serve tables quickly and get people to finish as they had people waiting - not a nice feeling when u are sitting and trying to enjoy your evening! I will def not be back to eat there!

Visited March 2012

Heuchin
“Saved by the Manager”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Myself and hubbie went to this restaurant/bar 2 nights ago. First impression as we approached was amazing. The decor and setting is stunning. As an interior designer I try to visit places that look unique on their photos and this surpassed my expectations. We were seated right next to the buffet (this was a Monday special) so we asked to be moved which they did immediately without a problem. We decided to eat off the a la carte menu instead. The starter was brought and whilst we were eating this the main course was then brought. We asked for it to be taken away as we had not finished. It then arrived again 10 mins later COLD. The manager replaced it courteously and even recommended we try a different option which was great but I have to say the junior staff were nonchalent verging on rude. I can accept this in a fast food restaurant but when you are paying this sort of Money it is unacceptable.
Overall a slightly disappointing experience saved by the manager.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Sushi buffet and cocktails”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Try going for the cocktails and the all you can eat sushi to get the most out of your budget

Beirut, Lebanon
“A large spectrum of tastes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

ShoCho in Dubai is a unique, one of a kind place. It’s not a club, not just a restaurant, but a connoisseur destination for food and music aficionados. ShoCho is a modern Japanese restaurant and lounge that promises to offer a mixture of experiences that will awaken all your senses.
ShoCho opens from 7pm to 3am receiving a wide range of visitors, accommodating up to100 guests at a time. Some pass by for a drink at the bar while others come in to enjoy a fabulous rich menu and of course others can’t resist that dancing sensation. It’s an even great place for an after party gathering.
Every Sunday night ShoCho’s famous 80s night attracts a huge crowd. Over 250 chairs spread across the terrace of the Dubai Marina to accommodate the crowd wanting to enjoy the night. Eighties night at ShoCho has been well known for more than 10 years.

My friends and I arrived at 8pm, hungry and anxious to try this menu that everybody is talking about.
As an aperitif: A Sake Cointreau with lime zest is the key to the entertainment world. It has a sweet and sour taste, smoothed with a lime quarter, caressing your tongue with every ingredient. Afterwards I tried the Sakeria: A signature drink with a mixture of sake, caramelized ginger and lime mixed with white wine, cherry brandy and fresh fruit.
After two delicious drinks it was time for food. I would have loved to try the complete drinks menu because up until now, it is simply impressive.
I recommend that you do not miss the ShoCho Edamame. It has nothing to do with the conventional ones you know, or have tasted before. The ShoCho Edamame is another dimension of life: Simply green soybeans with ginger dressing and sesame oil. Three ingredients assorted in a sumptuous addictive way. I couldn’t stop eating them.
The party started to warm up as I sipped on my third drink. The Capisake: Sake, caramelized ginger and lime is stronger than the previous drinks in taste and effect.
It’s time to eat. I can hear by stomach growling loud and clear. We started with the Sesame Yellow Tail: Sesame coated yellow tail slices, seared with olive oil and Yuzu Soy, garnished with coriander: Complicated? No, you only have to try it to understand that the complicated mixture is what oozes that exquisite taste.
After that, the plates came one after the other, listed below for a mouth watering teasing experience.
King Fish Ceviche: Diced king fish served with Nori chips. Just squeeze some lime and enjoy the freshness- it’s a millefeuille pastry with seaweed. Very interesting combination…
Beef Tenderloin with Yellow Chilli.
Salmon Tataki: Salmon, cooked from the outside raw from the inside, (seared) with Ponzu sauce.
Tuna Filo: Tuna roll, coriander sesame, half cooked, sesame with mayo dressing sauce.
Tataki Maki: A mix of three kinds of fish, seared salmon, tuna and king fish.
Tuna Wrap Maki.
Everything was out of this world, soft on the palate, gentle on the taste buds with a hint of savoring perfumed touching smell.
But I only had one complaint. The sushi rice was not as perfectly cooked as the rest of the dishes. That somehow shocked me. I informed the chef because this was surely an un-intentional mistake.
Even after all this, the experience has not ended. Here is where the real trip starts for me. The deserts are breath-taking. The ice-cream! Wow! I can’t describe the taste of each piece melting in my mouth.
After that night, the decision was taken: ShoCho is more than a regular restaurant you wish to go to every once in a while, it’s an addiction. I would definitely be visiting ShoCho on every trip to the city of life – Dubai.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
LA
“Totally Rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

This place is amazing u must go and sit outside to enjoy the fresh breeze and try the appetizers

Visited May 2011