“NEVER AGAIN” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Stefano's L'Arte della Cucina Italiana

Stefano's L'Arte della Cucina Italiana
Shikh Zayed St., Dubai, United Arab Emirates (The Marina)
+97143403015
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,325 of 5,831 Restaurants in Dubai
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: The Marina
chester
“NEVER AGAIN”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was visiting my son in dubai last week and he suggested a place in Sharjah called Stefanos, the frontage was quite impressive as we crossed a bridge to get to the restaurant and there was a light show on in the area. The moment we stepped inside the atmosphere changed, and it was not the AC that made us feel quite cold.

The staff were not very welcoming, but that was the least of our worries.

The food was ok, but not good in fact my main was a bit tasteless and boring.

My son and I ordered an apple pie and ice cream and when it was presented to us it had just come out of the packet, straight from the freezer and had a dollop of ice cream slapped on the side.

I asked to have the pie heated in the microwave to soften the rock hard pastry and he took it away and wen it was brought back it was no different except the inside was not as solid as before, but not even warm!

My son could not eat his either, so we asked for the bill and said that we wanted the pies taken off the bill as we could not eat them.

We then were subjected to a series of waiters asking us over and over again why we did not want to pay for the deserts. I was furious, we had taken a friend to the restaurant and he worked in the Atlantis hotel.

As we finally got the bill we requested and paid, the waiter told my friend in tagalog not english that it was so busy and that is why they were under so much pressure. We look around and saw two groups of about 20 people in one corner of the room and thought BUSY they dont know the meaning of the word.

Throughout the evening we had only seen our waiters a couple of times, they avoided us mostly, when we asked a waiter for the bill it took about ten minutes before I saw him tell another wait to see to us.

THEY EVEN HAD THE CHEEK TO GIVE US A FORM TO FILL IN TO TELL THEM OF OUR SATISFACTION

I filled that in ok!

I have just read comments from luvaspina who lives in the same building as this restaurant and also Hamad who lives in Dubai. I was appalled at most of what I read about the owner of this restaurant, I would say "NOT VERY PROFESSIONAL".

Needless to say, I will never go back to that place ever again, and I think if the owner continues to only think of profit instead of the well being of his customers he will not be open for long.

No doubt he will blame his staff but the truth is that it is his responsibility to train the staff properly. He is the Captain of this particular ship.

Visited February 2013

Medina, Saudi Arabia
“Great Shisha!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Yes, as the title says. Though it sounds strange for a pizzareia, the place serves great shisha and provides amazing view.
Food is about average.
For me, I go there for shisha only!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Average food, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

The highlight is the location and the outdoor sitting. Other than that, food is ok and service is poor. Recommended for sitting outside and having a shisha. Thats it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
delhi
“ABUSIVE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Readers should know that the owner of this place have sent me two abusive messages full of swear words and insults. I have been told he looked for me in the tower where I live (above his restaurant) on the basis of my previous review! I am disgusted by the way in which the management copes with negative comments, which questions the freedom of tripadvisors and scares contributors with retaliation from businesses.
On top of it, I swapped my apartment with my sister and her partner for a week, and they went to Stefano's to have pizza. I had told them my experience there, but still they went out of (stubborn) curiosity. They ordered a margherita and a pasta, and complained about both to the staff, because apparently they were uneatable. The staff took the full plates away and apologized. And then forgot about them!! Did not attend them, did not offer to substitute, nothing. When they asked the bill, they were charged for the pasta and pizza as well (apart from beverages). They complained, and only then they were offered for a substitution (after leaving them unattended for 45'), but the staff refused not to charge them for the plates THEY HAD NOT EATEN. Best of luck if you decide to eat there, and (by chance!) you are not happy with it.
For what I am concerned, I am waiting for the next abuses from the owner, with thanks. Write them in English instead of italian next time, so that tripadvisor can take action against you.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Italian restaurant and shisha?!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

well I am used to Italian restaurants to be either fancy or pizzareia, Shisha in an Italian restaurant was a new one. the food i below average and the service is poor. when the place is crowded and busy, they make you feel that they are doing you a favour by leting you in.

Visited September 2012