“Nice but not exceptional” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BiCE

BiCE
Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort | The Walk, JBR, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (The Marina)
+971 4 318 2319
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #146 of 5,571 Restaurants in Dubai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Doing business, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Marina
Description: Oozing Italian sophistication BiCE (pronounced Bee-cheh) is widely recognized as the best and most established Italian in town. Signature dishes include the lobster carpaccio with crispy artichokes and caviar dressinghomemade ricotta and spinach tortelli with creamy white truffle sauce and black truffle brunoise; and Veal tenderloin fillet with foie gras sauce, mashed potato, sautéed asparagus and morel mushroom.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nice but not exceptional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had dinner with friends here. The restaurant had been redone since I last visited. It looked great but it was very very dark! Flattering to the more mature skin but more mature eyes could not read the menu! For some reason best known to themselves they were offering a smaller menu during Ramadan. As we were there at 8pm well after dark I didn't think that was necessary. However, our friends who frequent Bice more than we do wanted a particular dish from the usual menu and the chef did make it especially for them- this was excellent service. My husband had veal which he said was very tough. I couldn't see anything on the menu I really wanted to eat so chose spaghetti with seafood. This was Ok but a bit heavy. My starter was octopus carpaccio very nice but not really cold enough. The service was good and they tried very hard and did not do any hovering as in other reviews. It is a totally non smoking restaurant . This is always a popular restaurant but it is not as good as it thinks it is.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Washington, DC
“ehhh, it was okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We knew what we were getting, a western chain high end restaurant, but have to say, we expected more.
On a long layover returning from a long trekking trip, really just wanted to have a restful and solid meal.
Arrived at the restaurant on a fairly quiet night, tried to go to the bar first for a cocktail, was told we couldn't (we were wearing shorts, our bad, I respect them for upholding a dress code), but they did agree to seat us at a back table in the restaurant. Good so far (and again, no issue here, we were the ones underdressed). Tried to order a drink, but were pressed three times to order our food. We finally relented, it was clear the server was not going to take our drink order if we wouldn't order our food, but I asked twice to please pace things slowly and bring our drinks first. I really did ask this twice and the server seemed to understand. Bam, here's your salad, I'd say it took about two minutes, and no drinks. We waited and about five minutes later our drinks did arrive. But the server hovered over our us, waiting for us to eat the salads. Very uncomfortable.
The salad was disappointing. I specifically mentioned I had a similar sounding salad for lunch and asked if I could get something different (we ordered a three course fixed price Filet Mignon meal), the service assured me it was different. She was wrong, it was exactly what I had a lunch.
At this point we're just trying to salvage a relaxing meal. The steaks were fine, the wine okay, the service continued to disappoint. Just constant rushing and unpleasantness. My daughter finally just left to go back to the room, my son and I tried the dessert and left as well.
Who knows, maybe they wanted us out quickly because we were underdressed (again, I respect that), but then they shouldn't have served us in the first place. We spent over $500 on dinner, we had respectable shirts on and our shorts weren't visible under the tablecloth, our behavior and manners were as to be expected in a fine restaurant.
Truly a disappointing end to a great trip. And I get it, it's a chain restaurant in a hotel, I wasn't expecting anything special. But with prices this high I expect a high level of service and execution, we received neither.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A solid Italian in dubai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

In the Hilton, a rather unpretentious yet exquisite italian restaurant.
Ideal for friends or with kids, this restaurant serves real Italian food.
Service, as often in Dubai is plenty, and for once, it is efficient.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gotham
“Almost Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I celebrated my birthday at Bice, a table of 14 of us took advantage of the fab 2 for 1 brunch offer back in May. The service was absolutely fantastic, glasses were promptly topped up, and we loved the fact that the food was served to the table, it made the event far more sociable and kept the group together for the whole afternoon.
The food was delicious, a selection of really great salads, followed by a pasta/gnocchi course, which was just melt in the mouth, amazing. Then they bring out platters of seafood and meat, followed by yummy desserts.
The only reason I haven't graded Bice as excellent is because, despite giving fair notice (at time of booking) that there was a vegetarian in the party, and also following up with a confirmation of this, nothing was initially offered to her during the meat/fish course. I thought this very unfair, since all guests pay the same, and I asked for my friend to be catered for. There was a little bit of resistance and I eventually asked to speak to a manager, who offered my friend another portion of something from the previous course, we refused this and were eventually provided with a veggie lasagne, which was apparently amazing! Apart from that blip, everything was perfect and I will definitely visit again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

“Bice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Best brunch in Dubai, good value for money , great atmosphere, great service .
Would highly recommend .