Must be one of the worst experiences I have ever had. It was particularly painful as I was due to stay for 8 weeks (thankfully I checked out early).
The place is as follows:
- Overpriced - after checking out early I found the Holiday Inn Al Barsha far more competitive and a pleasant experience
- Incompetent line staff (promise the world and deliver very little) -working in travel/hospitality I suspect that this is there first role in the industry and little (if any) money has been invested in their development. Don't be too shocked if they also lie to you.
- Incompetent management - had a 10 minute conversation with the poorly dressed operations manager and he showed very little interest with my concerns. As a head hunter for his profession, I am confused to learn how he got to this position??
- Filthy. I found a cleaner cleaning the kitchen with the 1 cloth he had used in the kitchen. They also wash the pots with cold water, no liquid; just their hands
- Dusty - the place is next to 4 large building projects that are no way near completion so as a result there is dust everywhere. Added to this, the house keeping staff don't seem to know how to actually keen. As a result, you feel permanently filthy
- IT - the property only has 1 internet line (eventually this was disclosed), which means it rarely works and when it does it is slower than dial-up. In November, I had important emails to send and found myself having to stand on the dusty balcony connecting to someone's wireless from a residential property next door. I was eventually moved and by the time I left had tried the 5th room there was a slight improvement as the property had installed a 'booster', which resulted in a similar speed to dial-up (think back 8 - 10 years).
- Rats - frequently saw rats in the vicinity and the property is home to several green rat catchers.
All in all, the management don't seem to be bothered in service delivery, investing in their staff, or the standard of the apartments (cheap brands that won't last) and seem only concerned about a quick buck. In reality, this would have worked in Dubai 4 years ago but we all know the market will be come more and more competitive and I can not see how they will ever get any repeat business.
If you are doing business in the area try the Holiday Inn Al Barsha (4*) or Kempinski Mall of the Emirates (5*); be warned, this is not a pleasant experience, whether for 1 night or 6 weeks, don't do it......
NB - I would welcome a response from the Management - just to see if they really care and to see if they have the ability to respond to such poor service & product offering.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the recognized business hubs of Media City, Knowledge Village and Internet City, Al Barsha Hotel Apartments is ideally located for those wishing to be at the heart of new Dubai for business or pleasure.Opposite Sharaf DG Metro station, the property is only a few minute's walk from Mall of the Emirates, Dubai's most famous shopping and entertainment destination and home to Ski Dubai, the world's largest indoor ski dome. With the iconic Burj Al Arab, Wild Wadi water-park and the majestic Madinat Jumeirah complex, with its beautiful waterways, fantastic restaurants and bustling nightlife only a short taxi ride away, the property is well placed to enable you to enjoy some of the best experiences that Dubai has to offer.Our one and two fully furnished bedroom serviced apartments provide a great solution for those visiting with family and friends or on a business with colleagues. So whether you just want to explore Dubai to its fullest or simply wind down at the end of a long day with a good meal, Al Barsha Hotel Apartments is for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Tingo, Otel, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Al Barsha Hotel Apartments by Mondo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.