“Excellent hotel close to the airport” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City

You added Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Umm Ramool Rd | Dubai Festival City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #22 of 487 Hotels in Dubai
qwanta
“Excellent hotel close to the airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I wanted to do a stopover at Dubai for a day on a flight from the US to India. I was looking for a good, not-too-pricey place close to the airport and picked Crowne Plaza. I was not disappointed. The room was great -- I was upgraded to a top-floor room with a view of the Dubai Creek and the Burj Khalifa. The Wifi worked great, the hotel was clean and the staff were very friendly. The breakfast at Zaytoun was excellent. In addition to being 10min from the airport, it is also only a 15min taxi away from the Dubai mall and Burj Khalifa. Would gladly stay here if I were to visit Dubai again.

Room Tip: Ask for something with a view of the Burj Khalifa.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Enjoyed 5 nights in this hotel. It's location is is very good for airport access as well as access to downtown Dubai. Check in was hassle free, the ICH platinum ambassador status was immediately acknowledged and even though we arrived very early our room was ready before 11 o'clock. The receptionist kindly offered me to use the spa facilities on the 5th floor on arrival as I felt a bit frazzled after the long flight - much appreciated.

Our room was located on the 14th floor with a view over the creek/city. The room was spacious and clean, beds comfortable. Throughout our stay the service was great. We received plenty of replenishments for bathroom amenities. The staff is well trained, courtious and seems to want to please their guests. The concierge was great too in suggesting and sorting out a booking reservation for a romantic dinner in Grosvenor House on the night of our anniversary.

On a few occasions we had a little lunch in the Belgium Cafe. Quality of the food was satisfactory and there was more than enough. The same goes for the food in the Intercontinental Hotel (the bigger sister of the Crowne Plaza) which is literally next door. Both restaurants have amazing views over Dubai city. The breakfast buffet is good too with a large selection of bread, yoghurt, drinks and eggs. The hotel is fairly modern (also has this atmosphere) and therefore in particular suitable for people on business and families.

Pool facilities are great and the guys around the pool are happy to sort out loungers, provide guests with cold flannels, and so on. Also, the Dubai Festival City shopping mall is in walking distance which is easy. Taxi's are relatively cheap so even if one wants to visit other places like the Palm, it is still very manageable. I feel/think that it was great value for money.

All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend the hotel to others. Thank you for looking after us so well.

Room Tip: Opt for a city/creek view if possible - it's worth it.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I've never expected much from Crowne Plaza properties. I find the brand itself to be quite bland and every property under it that I've set foot into has underwhelmed from an aesthetic perspective. It's almost like IHG is trying to make Crowne Plaza the benchmark in staid, boring business hotels without an ounce of charm or character.

So Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City was a pleasant surprise. Don't get me wrong - there was nothing interesting about the way the hotel was designed, this is to be expected. Also, I only stayed one night so I didn't have a great deal of time to experience much the hotel had to offer. But given the low expectations, I was fairly impressed, especially considering the price point.

Firstly, the service was of a fairly high standard: comparable to what I experienced in Grosvenor House on a previous trip. One night meant the hotel didn't have a lot of time to mess things up for me (sorry, I'm cynical) but no significant mishaps occurred and I was pleased with the results.

The room was clean, comfortable and well-appointed - even if it didn't have a great deal of character about it. And the location makes the hotel ideal for a one-night layover when you need to be close to DXB.

Overall, good job Crowne Plaza. I may yet return to your brand one of these days.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Have stayed at this hotel twice in 2014 and the experience has always exceeded expectations. The reason for this review is to acknowledge the Reception Manager, Tisha Rodrigo, for her outstanding professionalism and personal interaction for making Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City "home" away from home. With trust, confidence, and the security knowing my personal and business needs will be met in a manner and fashion that is nothing less than "first class". If you are relentless in your "pursuit of perfection", you will have found it in Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City, Ms. Rodrigo, and its staff.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I spent ten relaxing nights in Crowne Plaza despite my workload. Good location with direct access to Dubai Festival Mall. The restaurant view at the fifth floor is amazing and the Belgium Bar for a drink and light dinner is the perfect place.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Worcestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My stay was for 3 nights, and during the Rugby sevens tournament in December. The rugby teams were staying at the hotel at the time.
With my IHG Platinum status I was upgraded to a room with a better view (creek side).
The standard of the room was very good and the view was great.
I found even the fastest wifi to be rather slow at times.
The hotel is convenient for the airport, and is directly linked to the Intercontinental and the Festival Plaza shopping plaza. You should note that is not close to the beach, A taxi ride to Jumeirah costs around AED50 each way.
As the rugby teams had seconded the restaurant for breakfast I was advised that I needed to take breakfast at the Intercontinental (I was advised this was an upgrade to the breakfast on offer at the Crowne Plaza). Contrary to what others have written I found the Intercontinental breakfast to be quite disappointing. There is a reasonable choice, but although it sort of operates as a buffet, almost everything is behind glass counters and you have to ask for what you like. So, even for a slice of cheese or slice of melon you have to ask. It seemed very bizarre to me.
I ate in there 3 times. I wouldn't have said it was particularly busy. Each day when I went to get some more food, I returned to find my table had been cleared.

I had cause to complain about some occasional early morning noise from the rugby team on my floor. My complaint was handled well, and with concern.

I found all of the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The great attention and service I received is the primary reason for me to consider the Crowne Plaza again for future visits.

The hotel provides a good standard, but doesn't compare with the likes of Al Qasr or Mina a Salam. But then neither do the prices!

If you want a good standard offering good value, I think it provides a good option.

I would be happy to stay again .

Room Tip: A creek side view is a must.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed at several hotels in Dubai over the years and can confirm that this really meets all expectations. Having paid that bit more for a "Creek View" we were treated to a panoramic view of both the Creek - including a neighbouring marina and dhow repair yard - and Dubai itself.

Conveniently located close to the airport and within a short taxi ride of the Metro this is an excellent base for planning your visit and trips around Dubai. The hotel rooms are to a very high standard - with plenty of storage space for clothes for guests enjoying a longer stay. Staff and management are charm and helpfulness personified. As the hotel was hosting teams for the Rugby 7's International Tournament we were requested to take breakfast in the neighbouring Intercontinental for the first two days of our stay. We found the choice and range of dishes to be sumptuous and to a very high standard. Once breakfasting in the Crowne Plaza we found the standard to be, if anything, even better.
Evenings spent in the Belgian Cafe proved entertaining and very sociable, the outside area enjoying fabulous views of Dubai at night. It was heartening to note that the venue was very popular with locally based ex-pats - a recommendation in itself.
Attractions close to the hotel are the Festival City Mall - sensibly-priced shops providing a more practicable alternative to the malls full of overpriced designer outlets, which tend to be the norm in Dubai - a Hard Rock Cafe, the Marina as well as an IKEA and hypermarket.
Much of the area is still under construction, but this in no way inconvenienced our stay.

Room Tip: Select a room with a Creek View - it's well worth the extra...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City? Share your experiences!