Nice hotel with generally very welcoming staff. Nice views from the rooms. Good facilities. However, the place is slightly let down by poor product knowledge / poor 'customer admin' on the food & beverage side.
Question for the hotel designers; WHY these silly bathrooms with windows that open up into the bedroom (with shutters that don't fully shut-out the light)??? Do guests really want to be woken up when their partner / room-mate visits the bathroom at night??? I certainly don't. Please brick these in.
Had room service breakfast on our first day. When we asked for some of the dishes from this 'Arabic breakfast', next morning in the downstairs breakfast area, we were given very strange looks. When we explained there was some special 'Arabic bean-based dish', nobody appeared to know what was on the roomservice menu..... and we were given baked beans in tomato sauce (the kind Heinz sell)...
We stayed here for a week, 2 rooms on different rates (1 kids, 1 wife and I) and EVERY day we were asked the SAME question about how they should charge for the kids' breakfast. Anybody heard of a computer to record this detail once the guest has made his preference clear? When I mentioned this 'hiccough' in a survey, I got two calls from some 'manager', who was very very sorry and wanted to offer me lunch... we had no time to respond, sorry. Again, this could have been noted in a computer record - 'call Manager X when guest comes for his next meal'.... a missed opportunity.
When I checked out, several of the 'chargeable' breakfasts were missing from my bill. When I asked to rectify (yes, there are still honest people out there...), I had to wait, and wait, and wait for the reception staff to correct all these issues (a double cost to me - time and money).
Once these small and slightly irritating issues are improved, this is a perfect place to stay. Work on it, guys, the place is - otherwise - worth it !
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City Hotel Dubai
- Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Dubai
- Dubai Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City is located on the banks of the Dubai Creek. The 5 star hotel features 316 rooms and suites, with leisure facilities including 25m outdoor lap pool, 3 spa pools, children s splash pool, and 24-hour gym. Two 18-hole championship golf courses located minutes away. The hotel is proud to be the first non-smoking Crowne Plaza with a no-smoking policy in all rooms and public areas, offering our guests a cleaner and healthier environment during their stay. All rooms and bathrooms offer fantastic views of the creek or city skyline, equipped with high speed internet access and 37 LCD tv. Directly joined to the 38,000sq ft Event Centre, Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City is ideal for all business travelers. The hotel has three superb restaurants - Zaytoun ( Olive in Arabic) all-day dining, Mazar lobby lounge, and the authentic Belgian Beer CafÃ©, each with stunning city and creek views. The hotel is connected directly to the Festival Waterfront Centre, a luxury shopping centre with over 550 retail outlets, 90 restaurants and cafÃ©s, and 100 berth marina, perfect especially during the famous Dubai Shopping Festivals over summer and winter months. Dubai is known for many attractions, all within easy access of the hotel - the iconic Burj Al Arab, record breaking Burj Dubai, Ski Dubai, Wild Wadi Water Park, Mall of the Emirates or the beautiful Dubai beaches in Jumeirah or Mamzar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel, Agoda, Venere, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.