“Impressive service and attention to detail” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City

You added Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Umm Ramool Rd | Dubai Festival City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #26 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Impressive service and attention to detail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

The front desk staff and concierge was second to none. When I informed them that it was my wife's birthday, Mohamad Ahmad made sure that our room was upgraded to a suite overlooking the water. He then had a pastry coordinator come out and secretly ask me what flavor I wanted her complimentary birthday cake to be so I could surprise her. Finally, Joe at the concierge desk worked feverishly to get us dinner reservations at the Ritz Carlton and then a table at Atmospheres, the bar in the tallest building in the world, the Birge. It was a fantastic visit and we can't wait to go back. Thank you Crowne Plaza Festival City.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear “Jerry B”,

I’m glad to know that you had a great experience during your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City and I’d like to thank you for sharing this on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to know there were so many positive aspects to your stay, and that you were particularly impressed with the level of service and attention to detail that was put in by my team. I'm glad that their enthusiasm and concern helped in making this trip a memorable one for you. Your feedback is indeed very motivating and inspiring for us and I'll be sure to share it with the team.

Thank you once again for recommending us. We hope to have the pleasure of having you stay with us in the future.

Hotel Manager, Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Arabic first
Hove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Crowne Plaza is the venue of choice for me on business but I recently stayed at this one in Dubai for a vacation for 5 days to explore. It was without doubt one of the better equipped and furnished crowne plazas and relatively new and pristine! We opted for the creek view room which was spectacular!

Well positioned next to plenty of bars and restaurants im Festival City as well as with it's own restaurants and those from the Intercontinental next door.
The pool is definately the crowning glory and plenty of space for lounging around and the staff attentive service is second to none.

The only watch is that you will need to taxi everywhere and it is about 30 mins to restaurants / cocktail bars on the beach but with the hotel limo's so reasonably priced and taxis costing about a fiver for 15 minute journey's this is no real issue.
Well recommended.

Room Tip: take a creek view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear “Siompk”,

I’m glad to know that you had a good experience during your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City and I’d like to thank you for sharing this on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that there were positive aspects to your stay, and that you particularly enjoyed the pool deck. It was also pleasing to know that you had the chance to explore the restaurants at the nearby Dubai Festival City shopping mall. Hopefully on your next visit you will enjoy dining at one of our restaurants at the hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here for Christmas before our cruise - brilliant hotel in a brilliant location. We arrived late at night having flown in from the UK - we were greeted and welcomed by a friendly receptionist who recognised our priority club status. As requestedwe were allocated a high floor with a great view over the creek. Christmas Day was very special if a bit surreal when the staff started signing Christmas winter songs while we were sunbathing. Pool area is clean and inviting with plenty of sunbeds or cushions available and best of all big fluffy towels. Would we go back, absolutely!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear “Tillycass”,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review about your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City.

I greatly appreciate your kind words about our hotel and in particular your comments about my team. Your compliments will definitely be passed on to them and will be greatly appreciated. I was very pleased that their warmth and hospitality made Christmas in 2011 a memorable one for you.

We do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to our hotel.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Left my passport at the hotel .....Hassan at the front desk was extremely helpful in getting it from my room and over to the airport so I could go on my flight...Service way above average!! Thank you!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear “SusanM7”,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City.

I was very happy to read your review and see that in such few words your explanation made it clear about how much you enjoyed our hotel, and I am very glad that our service exceeded your expectations. Your feedback will surely be shared with the rest of the team and appreciated. I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Namur, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

After 2 nights at the hilton dubai creek and one night in the desert, my first feeling was a little bit negative with it's situation along the highway and in a "commercial" district...
A very warm welcome and a very pleasant ufgrade in superior room with view on the creek and on the dubai skyline, Burj Khalifa is everywhere ! ( thanks my loyalty programm!)
Crown plaza is just beside the Intercontinental and shares it's garden and 2 pools in a very nice surrounding with teraces and palm trees.
Ou room was fully equiped with all the amenities you can expect from a 4-5*star hotel and the wiew from our 15th floor was amazing!
Breakfast was taken at the 5th floor, the same as the garden and the pool and was very good,
plenty of fresh products included hot show cooking and could be taken inside or outside under an umbrella..
From the lobby of the hotel, you could reach the Intercontinental and the festival Mall with 550 stores and a nice promenade with a lot of restaurants!
Despite the fact that this huge resort is a little bit far from the beach or the old city but a roundtrip to the Dubai mall for example costs about 35AED and takes about 15 minutes, highways in Dubai are like in the US!
Don't miss old city, with Bastakyia district, a cruise on a abra (water taxi for 1AED) the souks, the dubai mall with visit of the Burj Khalifa (booking on line advised, only 100AED) and maybe the marina and the beach if you can.
Crown plaza was for us a very nice stay where i will return, you can also enjoy a nice fitness room with changing room which is very convenient if you have to checkout and stay at the hotel waiting for a late flight

Room Tip: Ask a view on the creek if it's possible
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear “oliveerpent”,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a most complimentary and detailed review about your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City. I was very happy to know that you enjoyed several aspects of your stay and have highlighted them in your review.

Your kind words will definitely be shared with the team and appreciated. It is indeed very inspiring for us to know you were pleased with the overall service and facilities offered and found our location convenient.

Our guests complete satisfaction is our main goal at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City and it is very rewarding to learn that this has been achieved during your stay. Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers visiting Dubai and we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel.

Twickenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is a little bit out of the way but close to the airport. If you want too get too any of the attractions it will be a bit of a long taxi ride.
The only good thing about the location is,the Mall next door, but its not cheap.
The staff were all very helpfull and well trained.
The only gripe I have was at breakfast, the service was a little bit slow, but as soon as the restaurant manager recognised the problem he came over too us and apllogised.
The Belgian bar was always busy and had a great patio, but get there early if you want a good table.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear “nicolas p”,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City. We are all delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay with us and were pleased with the service provided by my team.

I was however disappointed to know you faced a few concerns at our restaurant but this was resolved by the restaurant manager. Nevertheless, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I look forward to welcoming you once again to provide you with a more complete experience.

Best Regards,

Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Even though I had the "city" view, it was still breathtaking. The room was quiet and there was lots of space. I liked being able to get natural light in the bathroom. I swam laps in the pool each morning and twice I was the only one there. The pool staff was really friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was great - fresh fruit, omelettes, breads and croissants, everything one could want.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear “DelhiExpat1”,

It was very pleasing to know that you had an “excellent” stay at the Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City and I’d like to thank you for taking the time to recommend us on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to read your review and to know that in such few words your explanation made it clear to see how much you enjoyed our hotel and the service and facilities we had to offer. I really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel, hopefully in the very near future.

Best Regards,

Hotel Manager, Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City

Been to Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City? Share your experiences!