“Fantastic from day one - friendly and really helpful!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Dubai Festival City

You added InterContinental Dubai Festival City to your Saves list
InterContinental Dubai Festival City
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Umm Ramool Rd | Dubai Festival City, Dubai 45777, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #28 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oxford
“Fantastic from day one - friendly and really helpful!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

My fiance and I went back to Dubai and chose the Intercontinental Festival City in order to try a different area of Dubai, as the previous 2 times we stayed at the Atlantis.

We were met at the airport, even though the plane was delayed, whisked into a car, booked in, shown to our room all in the blink of an eye and amazing service. A beautiful room overlooking the creek and very clean and modern. A great start!

It continued this way for most of the week. Lovely bars & restaurants. Eclipse on the 26th floor a particular favourite.

The pool area was better than expected with loads of very comfortable loungers and eager staff waiting on you hand and foot. A nice touch was the infinity pool & hot tub.

It also had a great gym full of Technogym equipment. Air conditioning could do with being colder though!

Festival City also has a mall literally next door which is ideal for a quick bite or meal and great to walk off dinner in an air conditioned environment. The shops are good too!

The only disappointment was the last night when we ate in the Lebanese restaurant in the hotel. We booked a particular table in the afternoon, but on arrival we were placed elsewhere and a party of 50+ were booked in. This was not mentioned by the managers on booking. Thus, the service was very poor as everyone was running around the large party and we felt we were left as an afterthought.

However, the food was to die for! The best meal of the holiday by far!!!!

All in all this is a fantastic holiday to see Dubai. The roads seem super clear now with no traffic jams like previous years and taxis to the relevant sights are so cheap!
Airport = £6
Dubai Mall = £8
Aquaventure & Atlantis = £13
Wild Wadi = £10

Another recommendation is to buy the Dubai Entertainer Book this give lots of 2 for 1 deals on waterparks, meals, golf etc. These can be found on eBay or at the Virgin Megastore or Carrefour shops.

Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
IHG_DFC, Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, November 1, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a most detailed review about InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

We were delighted that you found our hotel rooms to be clean and modern, and that you appreciated our outlets and facilities. I also note that you had the chance of visiting the adjoining mall which is always a favourite amongst shoppers!

We were pleased that you managed to spend some time in our restaurants and bars, even though I was saddened to read of the incident that happened in our Lebanese restaurant, Al Sultan Brahim Beirut.Please accept our sincerest apologies, and I do hope that this did not mar your experience. We are, however, happy to learn that you appreciated its authentic Lebanese cuisine.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

Stayed here with my wife for a short layover before the Maldives.

This is very close to the airport which is great when arriving in the early hours of the morning. We were greeted by the Duty manager upon arrival
Rooms are spacious and new. (hotel is only 3-4 years old). Rooms also have all the standard intercontinental amenities. We were upgraded so had a extra living room and walk-in wardrobe.

View out of the room was very nice over the dessert to the city. Festival city has a new shopping complex that is almost complete. it caters for all ends, we saw a M&S, IKEA and Ferrari store.

The hotel is adjoined to the Crowne Plazza so you get to use their restaurants and swimming pool as well as the Interconts.

Room service was great and we had a fabulous time.

Only down side was it was away from the main tourist locations. so most of our cab rides were 30 mins plus.

I would stay here again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I appreciate your kind words about our rooms and their amenities as well as the convenient location of our hotel adjoining the shopping mall. Indeed, the mall showcases an exciting selection of prestigious retailers, Marks & Spencer, IKEA and Ferrari store being some of them, as well as other international brands.

I hope that next visit you will t stay with us for a longer period, so that you may have the opportunity to see more of what our hotels and mall have to offer.

Riyadh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

I paid 1300 Dirham’s for club room as I had to meet some of my customers there , in fact it was the customer choice who had no experience in UAE - I found that there are no difference between regular room and club room except the access to their poor lounge - no body show up for service except one guy who put some leftover food and a small selection of soft drinks and then you are on your own , I called the front disc manager the next morning explained this as I’m paying extra 700 dirham’s for no major deal - no feedback !
When I booked the room I asked the reservation agent to arrange an airport transportation he told me it's chargeable and not included in the room - then for PLEASE why should I pay this difference for NOTHING , but bad service lost management - in the morning I went at 7am to the H club , there was no body in the reception and the cleaning guy gave me the locker key from under the table - this place is lost !!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to hear that you were not fully satisfied during your stay with us, and invite you to contact me personally to discuss the matter. Kindly email me at steven.greenwood@ichdfc.ae.

Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

Stayed just 2 nights this time (stayed previously but before all facilities operational). Upgraded to 1 bed suite (Ambassador Platinum member), which was quite superb. No complaints whatsoever, breakfast excellent, dinner in French Bistro lovely, service throughout hotel first-class.

Dear Guest,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and much appreciate your comments regarding our breakfast and overall services.

We do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you to our hotel.

london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

Such a shame because this hotel could be right up there in the I C brand, but must say, every stay I have there, it seem's to get worse, there is a lack of guidance at this hotel and I beleive this come's from the top, which is a shame because lots of the staff come from the old interconti in Dubai, but even they seem to have no enjoyment at working in this hotel, even though it does have all the facilities needed to be one of the best, for me it really is only average at best, and this is down only to service issues.
If this is your first stay at a Interconti, don't judge the whole brand on this hotel, believe me there are far far better in the group.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I understand that you were overly dissatisfied with the service you received, and invite you to contact me directly to discuss your experience. Kindly email me at steven.greenwood@ichdfc.ae.

Al Muharraq, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay, a very nice clean, quiet hotel.. we informed them by email that we are honeymooners and once we arrive late in the evening the room was full of flower petals.
The staff were really friendly and helpful.
Definitely I will stay in it again and It was one of my best stays in Dubai and I highly recommend couples to stay in it.

Dear Guest,

Firstly allow me to congratulate you on your wedding and thank you for taking the time to write a review about InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

We are very pleased indeed to learn that you had a memorable time with us during your last stay in our hotel, and we appreciate your comments regarding our staff.

We would also like to thank you for recommending our hotel to other couples or honeymooners coming to Dubai, and look forward to once again welcoming you to our hotel.

McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

You really can't go wrong with this hotel. Its solidly VERY good. Very nice restaurants close by as well as being attached to a shopping mall. Taxis are readily available. Concierge services made some very good recommendations for things to do. We really liked it. This hotel is also connected to the Crowne Plaza where there are even more restaurants and a nice casual Belgian Beers pub. The spa is also very good there. Both my husband & I had spa services and really enjoyed it! Like many of the other reviewers we were upgraded with the Ambassador privileges and that was a really nice touch.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and much appreciate your comments regarding our hotel, its services and facilities.

We do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you to our hotel.

Hotel Manager

Been to InterContinental Dubai Festival City? Share your experiences!