“Fantasic Modern Luxury Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Dubai Festival City

You added InterContinental Dubai Festival City to your Saves list
InterContinental Dubai Festival City
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Umm Ramool Rd | Dubai Festival City, Dubai 45777, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #28 of 512 Hotels in Dubai
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Fantasic Modern Luxury Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at the Intercontinental on my way back from the Maldives, Its 5/10 minutes from the airport so a very convenient quick transfer if you are on a stopover.

The hotel is modern and striking in design on the outside and very bold and luxurious on the inside and has a great selection of bars and restaurants.

One plus point is the hotel is connected to the Festival City Mall, which has a huge selection of shops and a good selection of inside and outside restaurants, where I ate a couple of times..

The standard rooms are spacious and very comfortable but what makes them so different from any other city centre hotel is the layout of the bathroom which is parallel to the bedroom. They have the same large window with the bath directly in front giving great views of the city, creek or airport while soaking.

Another highlight of this hotel is the fantastic original outdoor pool area, about eight floors up with lots of loungers, palm trees and a cantilevered glass bottomed pool that hangs out over the edge of the building.

The service in the hotel and around the pool was excellent and I would chose this hotel again on my next visit to Dubai.

Room Tip: There is no need to upgrade, even the standard rooms are better than most hotels suites.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I just arrived at this hotel and every request I had was fulfilled immediately. The staff is more than helpful, they went out of their way to satisfy my needs. The room is spacious and luxurious like most hotels in this city. I would certainly recommend it. Perfect for business

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear “Christel88_13”,

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor.

I am glad you find our team helpful and accommodating and are impressed with your spacious and luxurious room. Thank you once again for recommending our hotel. We do look forward to welcoming you once again, hopefully in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

2013 has been another year of very heavy business travel for me, and with the Sheraton Creek closed for a year's renovation, I have been forced to seek out a new home from home in Dubai. I have found it. The Intercontinental Festival City isn't quite the newest of the city's 5 star hotels, but it still has that "wow" factor that makes me feel privileged to stay there.

It is, of course, a business hotel, not a resort, so it lacks the aquatic extravagance of some of the beach hotels. However, the architects have done some clever things with lights, high ceilings and creek views, so your first impressions of the hotel will be spectacular. Similarly, the rooms do not disappoint. I generally book an Exec Creek View and decline the Royal Ambassador upgrade, as these rooms have everything I need. The desk/dining table is huge and there is another smaller table by chaise longue at the window.

The Club Lounge is by far the best I have seen in any Intercon (though the food is better, at least for my taste in the lounge in Saigon).

Service is everything you would expect at this level. They once told me off for wearing shorts to Happy Hour but they were so nice about it I actually felt special, in a good way!

• Stayed August 2013
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear “jhlatl”,

I was very happy to read such a complimentary review of your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City. Thank you for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.

It was indeed pleasing to read your description of our hotel and to know that our Executive Rooms fulfilled all your needs. Thank you in particular for appreciating our Club Lounge. I'm happy to know you find it to be the best. Hopefully you had a chance to explore all the exciting restaurants and attractions around the hotel, including the many restaurants and outlets that line the shopping mall next door.

Thank you once again and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next stay.

Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

As a family we have been going to the intercon DFC for years now, and as much as we tried other hotels in Dubai, we always end up back there. We've had several occasion that we had to take our grandmother for hospital rounds and they were able to cater to it. The food is exceptional, especially the Anees restaurant, in which you are spoilt for choice. The staff are warm and welcoming, rooms are superb and clean and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and hope this type of service and dedication continues.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear “Jawhara A”,

It was a pleasure reading your most complimentary review of your stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City on TripAdvisor.

It's pleasing to know that you've chosen to stay with us so many times over the past few years along with your family. I was very glad to note your appreciation of the level of service provided by the entire team and their "warm and welcoming" attitude as well as the "exceptional" buffet at Anise and clean rooms. Hopefully, we will once again have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here recently with my mother in a club room. One of the reasons for choosing the hotel was the walk in shower for my mother. The hotel is connected to the Festival City shopping centre - no need to go outside. Food was available all day in the club lounge - another plus. The hotel is about 15 minutes away from the airport so if you have an early flight this can be an advantage. The staff were very helpful - booked the Burj Khaleefa for us and got a taxi whenever we needed to go anywhere. I liked the pool area although it was very busy. The pool attendant came around with ice towels - a nice touch as it was hot.

Room Tip: Go for a club room with its advantages.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear “greynomad16”,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the experience of your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I was delighted to know that you found the location of the hotel and the design of the room's bath convenient. It was also particularly pleasing to know that you enjoyed the pool area and the service provided by the team.

We do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

It was my first stay at the intercontinental Dubai Festival City. The room was elegant and clean. I like the view from the big window where u can see Burj Khaleefa, Khour Dubai and nice scenery. The layout of the room was creative and comfortable.

What I didn't like in the room that using the light and facilities switches was complicated and not easy to use. That made it uncomfortable for my stay. For example pulling the curtains down, finding the main switch to put on the light ...etc.

I think, in such a 5 star hotel like the Intercontinental, there should be a welcoming staff who demonstrate clearly to the guest how to use the facilities provided. Like Raffles Dubai hotel which was very impressing and made the taty more relaxing !!

Room Tip: how to use the room facilities should be clearly demonstrated at check in time.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear "merril l”,

I am delighted to know that you appreciated the cleanliness of your room and also enjoyed the spectacular views of the Dubai Creek. However, it was disappointing to read of the inconvenience you faced while using the facilities in the room. I have taken your feedback into consideration and will strive to ensure our team receives the required training in this area, so they are well equipped to demonstrate these facilities to our guests.

Despite the inconvenience you encountered I was very pleased to note that your overall stay was good and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here for 2 nights and were very impressed with everything about the hotel. First of all, it was easy to find. The valet parking and check-in went very well. Everyone was very friendly and professional. We were escorted to the room by one of the staff and shown how to use all the technology found in the room.The room and the facilities were first class as was the room service. We were most impressed with the buffet breakfast. The food and service were excellent. Special thanks to Ms. Florencia and Mr. Kamal for their special attention and friendly manner. The staff certainly made our stay very enjoyable and we look forward to staying at the hotel again soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear “NSinUAE”,

I am delighted to learn that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor.

I greatly appreciate your kind words about the "friendly and professional" staff and am also glad that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast at Anise. Your comments will surely be shared with the rest of the team and appreciated.

Thank you once again and I certainly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.