I recently stayed at the Intercon Festival City. The hotel is located in a vibrant area away from the busy areas of Sheikh Zayed Road and Downtown Dubai. The lobby is simple and understated. Check-in was extremely quick, with all the formalities completed in 10-15 minutes!
My room was extremely spacious (45 sq m), although the view was quite uninspiring. The room was well-appointed and tastefully decorated, although there were some minor signs of wear and tear (nothing serious though). Another minor issue is that the in-room wifi is not complementary, instead you pay a fee for 24hr usage.
I didn't have a chance to dine in any of the hotel's restaurants due to the abundance of cheaper outlets in the Festival Centre, a huge shopping mall connected to the hotel's lobby.
All in all, the IC is a wonderful hotel with great staff who go out of their way to ensure that you feel right at home.
I would highly recommend this hotel for families looking for a quiet hotel, great value for money, and shopping. On the other hand, if you're looking for a seaside retreat, I'd recommend either Royal Mirage or Madinat Jumeirah.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Dubai Festival City Hotel Dubai
- Intercontinental Dubai Festival City Hotel
- Intercontinental Dubai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by a graceful sailboat, InterContinental Dubai Festival City stands tall amid the business and shopping districts. The hotel is home to 6 dynamic bars and restaurants, including the award-winning Reflets par Pierre Gagnaire, has wifi throughout rooms and public areas and its own 18-hole championship golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Agoda, Otel, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Dubai Festival City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.