“Ok, but certainly not 4 star” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Tulip Al Barsha

You added Golden Tulip Al Barsha to your Saves list
Golden Tulip Al Barsha
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Barsha 1 | Next to Sharaf DG Metro Station PO BOX 125962, Dubai 125962, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #258 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Ok, but certainly not 4 star”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I've just returned from Dubai having stayed at the Golden Tulip for 3 nights. Overall, it was an ok experience but I wouldn't return.

Firstly, the room I was allocated smelt so bad of stale cigarette smoke. I asked if I could be moved and one of the porters came back to the room, sprayed some air freshener around the room and then left. This didn't help so I just lived with it and kept my clothes in my bags at all times. The water came out of the shower brown at first which was quite worrying. It sounded like there was an air-conditioning unit right outside my window (on the 6th floor) which was really loud, all night. I reckon this would keep some people up. There is a very loud nightclub on the ground floor, just behind reception so I recommend you request a room as high up as possible. There is also a bar on the first floor but it's not as noisy, shows football and you can use the wifi in there for free (just ask the bar-staff).

There was a lot of choice for breakfast although I wouldn't recommend the cooked buffet. As I experienced in another hotel at the start of the week, the alternatives for pork are (understandably) veal bacon and chicken or beef sausages. I found the bread and fruit are a better option.

Although I have slated this hotel, the staff were all super friendly and the pool was a nice place to relax in. It's too small to swim lengths in but great to cool down in. The hotel is very conveniently next to a metro stop (Sharaf DG) and just one stop away from Mall of the Emirates, although I wouldn't bother using the train as you can walk there in about 10 minutes (unless it's scorching hot).

If you can get this hotel for cheap then go for it. If it's for a week or so, I'd recommend looking elsewhere. It's definitely not a 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: The higher the better, to get away from the extremely noisy nightclub on the ground floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Arabic first
Dubai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Good location as it’s nearby Mall of the Emirates. This is my second time to staying here, but honestly NOT a good care taken of rooms like before. All corridors were smelly; the moisture level was high inside the hotel. The room was too smelly & damp as well. You can almost feel the moisture on the bed as well, adding to that the strong bad smell.. The newspaper, magazines were damp as well.
It’s not taken care of like before. Did not like it & disappointed :(

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
GoldenTulipGM, General Manager at Golden Tulip Al Barsha, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
Dear Iron_ManDubai,

Greetings from Golden Tulip Al Barsha. I like to thank you for staying with us again during your recent stay in Dubai. I am disappointed to learn that we have not managed to live up to your expectations and previous experience. We as the management team of the hotel are looking into your comments of moisture in the room and corridors and the consequent smell and are trying to rectify the same.

I hope that we will nonetheless be able to welcome you again in our hotel.

Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights on bed and breakfast and was alone. The service was good and so was the breakfast. The room was ideal, not too large, not too small and the bed was comfy. It has a rooftop pool which is small, but nice, and their is a nightclub downstairs which was okay. All in all my stay at this hotel was pleasurable considering the amount i paid for it! It is located 300m from the Mall of the Emirates, and about 200m from the metro. It was initially a bit difficult to find considering there are no signs directing you to the hotel when you walk out of the metro. It is located on the right of Cassel's hotel (at the back). There is a telepizza in the same building which proved convenient when feeling peckish. Staff were prompt to assist with any problems or queries.

Room Tip: Non smoking rooms are way better!
Dear Salivarius,

On behalf of the Golden Tulip Al Barsha team, I like to thank you for staying with us during your Dubai visit last month. Also, I like to thank you for taking the time for writing this review. We are please to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to welcome you again in the future.

Sarpsborg, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

My wife and I had the pleasure to stay at the Golden Tulip for a week (7-14 sep,2011) and we enjoyed our stay to the max!
Staff were very friendley, both hotel in general and the rooftop swimming pool were nice and clean. The food, breakfast and dinner also get a A++ from us.
Location of this hotel was perfect with a 2 min walk to the Metro Station and with Mall of the Emirates as the first stop (max 2 min on the Metro)
People who are complaining about bad smell, noisy A/C units and small room has probably nothing better things to do....or havent been there at all..
The hotel smelled nice, the A/C unit was not noisy and the room size were good, not the biggest rooms in the world, but hey, how much room do you need to sleep in?????
We would love to go back ANYTIME!!!!

Greetings from Norway \\(",)//

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear 414Paal414,

Greetings from Dubai and the Golden Tulip Al Barsha Team.

I like to thank you for choosing us as your place to stay during your visit to Dubai. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to be able to welcome you once again in the future.

Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

As I was single, I decided to try this hotel for the sake of experience but It was a bad one. The location is not so close to Emirates Mall, Rooms are reasonable with all basic requirements, lobby is acceptable but got nothing, rooms were smelly and noisy as there was some construction starting 7 am !

I got a twin bedroom while I wanted king size bed. Staff were not able to do me anything. I started to smell a cooking in the morning which was worse the smoke. I got a room in a smoking floor but there was no other option. All that was in return for the low price.

I will not recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
GoldenTulipGM, General Manager at Golden Tulip Al Barsha, responded to this review, September 18, 2011
Dear Samer24,

First of all I like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time writing your review.

I must apologize for the inconveniences and lack of service provided to you. I have discussed your comments with the team and we are looking at it closely in order to avoid repetition of the same for future guests.

I hope that you will give us a chance to proof to you that the experience you had is not our usual service level as we pride ourselves with giving good service at all times.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

My sister, her daughter and I spent 10 days at Golden tulip and the service was excellent, the hotel management were super responsive. Restuarant manager was very friendly.

• Stayed August 2011
GoldenTulipGM, General Manager at Golden Tulip Al Barsha, responded to this review, August 21, 2011
Dear Adeluck,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Dubai. Also, I like to thank you for sharing your review and comment about your stay with us. I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and hope to be able to welcome you back in Golden Tulip Al Barsha at your next visit to Dubai.

Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

The hotel is clean with close location to Mall of the Emirates and to the Metro Station.
The food is normal standard. Hotel stuff is friendly and helpful.

The room was small but there are a lot amenities and it was fine.

I had no chance to try the pool or the Gym but they looked clean and well maintained.

Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: High floor rooms
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
GoldenTulipGM, General Manager at Golden Tulip Al Barsha, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
Dear Mohi_Khater,

I like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments about your stay on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to learn that you feel that our hotel is 'excellent value for money' and hope to be able to welcoming you in our hotel again in the future.

Frank Mayland

Been to Golden Tulip Al Barsha? Share your experiences!