“Tamani Marina” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tamani Hotel Marina

Save Saved
You added Tamani Hotel Marina to your Saves list
Tamani Hotel Marina
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Dubai Marina Dr | PO Box 215855, Dubai 215855, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #254 of 474 hotels in Dubai
Durban, South Africa
“Tamani Marina”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel appears to be a converted block of apartments. It was booked for us thru Emirates and the "room" was actually a two-bedroom apartment (2 bedrooms, lounge/dining room, kitchen, 4 bathrooms/toilets (!!!) and kitchen). Kitchen not very well equipped, so don't expect to be able to do much cooking.
MY big gripe with this hotel is that they wanted me to pay (half a day's rate) for early check-in. In 20 years of travel, this is this first time a hotel has pulled this one on me. Absolutely appalling customer service to try and rip them off for early check-in. We had arrived at 5.00am on an early Emirates flight and it was very annoying to have to sit around and wait until 2pm. The room was ready for us (I phoned and checked), but they insisted we had to pay to move in. As we were moving very early on the final day, I asked whether they would refund me half the day rate for early check-out......""Obsolutely not"".
Location was also not great. It is close to the Marina , but it is still a good 15 minute walk to get to the Marina. Breakfast not fantastic.....terrible if you arrive close to closing time as all the decent food has gone.
Won't stay there again. Refuse to give my business to organisations who rip off their customers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this review, November 29, 2012

Warm Greetings from Tamani Hotel Marina!

It is indeed disappointing to know that your stay at the hotel this time was not a pleasant one; however I understood that you have arrived early morning and the room was not available. The check in time in the hotel is 14:00 hrs and check out time is 12:00 hrs.

In order to guarantee your room in the morning the best solution is to book the hotel one night in advance so you will find your room in the morning, in 90 % hotels around the world there are charges for early check-in arrivals. And this is normal procedures for all hotels. And you can face the same issue when you will travel in many destinations around the world.

Your kind comments are truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back.

318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I booked a one night stay via lastminute.com's secret hotel option and ended up with the Tamani, and I am glad I did. I booked a studio apartment but was upgraded to a suite. The suite was HUGE. The bed was very comfortable and if I were staying longer I would have really enjoyed all the space to relax. But the bathroom was very small (compared to the rest of the place) and it was laid out poorly. The door actually opened onto the toilet, which means you had to sort of squeeze into the room (I've added a pic). But otherwise it was a pleasant stay. It was quiet (I had room 602) and comfortable. I had wanted to go to the pool in the morning, but the pool is situated so that it only receives afternoon sun. Great for the hot months, but it was a little too cold today. I would stay here again if I was in Dubai and could get a similar price for the room (the studio) and hope for an upgrade!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This hotel is all that and more. I got dizzy looking down from the upper floors. Great view of the marina. Only stayed one night. A little pricy for my budget, but business went well, and definitely will return. Very rich in spirit and cultural, this resort provided excellent service and attention to details. Was a little excited when I first arrived and left my overnight bag in the lobby down stairs. The staff took care of everything for me. They were extremely attentive and made sure that all my needs were meet. Traveling alone was a concern for me, but the hotel made me feel safe and comfortable.

Room Tip: front side of hotel.facing the marina
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Warm Greetings from Tamani Hotel Marina!

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and were pleased with the service as well as the facilities we have on offer at the hotel.

Please be assured that all your kind words of appreciation with regards to our associates will be shared with them accordingly.

Our team is eager to hear your comments on your experience, with pleasure to know that your expectations were exceeded.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed at tamani for 2 nights and it was nice , I feel that there is a happy feeling in the air , the hotel was busy but still I got the treatment that I'm looking for , I like the new room design and always a good size for my big family , will come back again and sure will stay there.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We recently stayed at the Tamani Hotel Marina for 4 nights and we only wish it could have been longer. From booking in, to the bellboys and housekeepers, everyone was so friendly and extremely helpful. Our room was amazing, lovely view of palm jumeirah so beautiful. We had a half board package which worked out very well. The food in the restaurant was great with so much choice. Also the 24/7security popping up when we where lost at the beginning of our trip.
If anyone is thinking of going to Dubai I would recommend Tamani Hotel marina to be your choice.

Stayed November 2012.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had a fantastic stay at the Tamani hotel in 2010. I stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with living room,kitchen, and 3 bathrooms. It was very spacious and so comfortable. The hotel provided a free shuttle bus service that would arrive at the hotel at specific times in the day and transport people to different places. Air conditioning was great, if it got to cold, i opened a window and hot air would blow through which was great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone willing to spend a little extra for comfort. Staff are friendly, appartment was spotless and the swimming pool was pretty, and peaceful. Luckily, we got our apartment cheap because we booked it very last minute.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Venice, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

It is marketed as a 5-star hotel, but sadly not all the rooms are 5-star. Try to ensure you never get a room on the 3rd floor, as these are akin to a 2-star standard. The location was good if you prefer staying around the Marina. Not sure i would book this hotel again, the service was good, but the room itself leaves much to be desired.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this review, November 17, 2012

Warm Greetings from Tamani Hotel Marina!

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at TAMANI Hotel Marina. It is our aim to always provide the highest level of hospitality service to all our guests, and I would apologize that we did not meet some of your expectations on this occasion.

Please note that there are single rooms in our hotel and it is clearly mentioned on the booking website the size of the room and that is for single occupancy only.

walid.alawa@tamanimarina.ae

Been to Tamani Hotel Marina? Share your experiences!