“Very Good and will be Better” 5 of 5 stars

The H Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai 125511, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #101 of 474 hotels in Dubai
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
“Very Good and will be Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I'm on the way back home after staying for 4 nights here.
Firstly, it has to be said that this is an extremely good hotel particularly for position, service and food.
There are apparently plans for some improvements in the next few months and this will elevate it.
It's quite an old hotel by Dubai standards having previously been called the Monarch Hotel and the huge expansive lobby area is showing it's age. However, don't let this deter you.
Check -in was efficient and polite. I was up-graded to a suite and it was absolutely huge, in fact far too big for my requirements!
The room was very '80's but all fitments were of high quality and everything worked.
The ground floor bar is quite busy and noisy which is great and the one on the second floor is very groovy it he evenings.
I had my breakfasts at the restaurant on the ground floor which was excellent and used the steak house twice - THE BEST STEAK I'VE HAD IN DUBAI - TWICE!
(I've done a separate report on the steak house).
Overall a very, very good reasonably priced 5 Star hotel. It doesn't have the branding of its more glamourous neighbours but, having stayed in a few of them, it's an equal!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
MissNC, Director of Operations at The H Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Timchambola

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay for the Tripadvisor community. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and in particular you enjoyed the services and the various restaurants! Telling us it was the best steak you have had in Dubai is an amazing compliment, considering the competition is fierce between the many steak restaurants in town, so thank you for that great feedback!

I do hope you will stay in touch, and I look forward to welcoming you back to The H Dubai one day soon.

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
Athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at the H Hotel in early May, while on vacation. The booking was made through the Leading Hotels Club, which meant that we had wifi and breakfast included in the rate, and a 1 class room upgrade. That made the stay a great deal, as I booked a premium room, and ended up in a 100 square meters executive suite (number 2812).

Service: all the staff is very polite and accommodating. I definitely agree wit the 5 star rating as far as the service goes.

Value: If you book like I did, I think that this is an excellent value in Dubai.

Sleep Quality: The hotel is very quiet, and the bed very comfortable.

Cleanliness: Everything is very clean, but there is some wear and tear in the room. This used to be the "Monarch" hotel, until recently, and it has not been fully refurbished to 5 star standards yet. There was some wear and tear in our room, nothing major though.

Location: It's a 5 minute walk for the nearest Metro Station, which is very convenient for going to the sites, and the malls. Otherwise, there's not much in the immediate area. Taxis are not always readily available, especially during prayer time.

Room: Apart from the little wear and tear, the only other negatives about the huge suite we had was that the TV in the living room is a bit old, and did not work too well, and the wifi signal in the room was poor. Also, there was no ipod dock. Otherwise, the room was very nice, and really huge. Great view, nice "shower / bathtub" room. A very good room.

Breakfast: Included in our rate, we took breakfast at the restaurant next to the lobby area, which is a very nice buffet, with great variety. Not the best in town, but does not leave you longing for anything.

Overall, very good, I would return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AlbertR

That you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed and positive review about your stay at The H Dubai. I am really pleased to hear that overall you felt the services and facilities were of a 5 star quality, and that as a Leaders Club member you were recognised and received all of your benefits. I apologise that you felt you could see wear and tear around the Hotel, plus the poor wifi in your room. We are currently undergoing a full preventative maintenance programme to try and address all of the wear issues in the guestroom, plus a plan is being put together to improve the Wifi strength throughout the Hotel. So hopefully by the time you return you wil be able to notice the positive improvements that have been completed.

I do hope you will keep in touch, and I look forward to welcoming you back to The H Dubai in the near future.

Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

A nice experience . The hotel has all facilities you expect from this type of hotel. There is a good selection of eating places but some are very , very expensive. Drinks are also quite expensive. The room ( an upgrade) was excellent. A suite with superb qualities and a lot of space. But given the advertised rates this would be expected. The sleep quality was high and the room ( and hotel) was all very clean, again only to be expected for this type of hotel.

Room Tip: High floors were good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Charleso3

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us and share it with the Tripadvisor community! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and found the services and facilities to be as good as expected.

Please do keep in touch and I hope to be able to welcome you back to The H Dubai again in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

H Hotel is located on Sheikh Zahid Road opposite World Trade Center.It is member of the Leading Hotels of the World
It is truly a Five star hotel.The check in was very smooth and quick, my room was located on the 28th floor so had an amazing view across Dubai, The room was very large with excellent decor and amenities .Room was absolutely lovely with a very comfortable bed, the bathroom was also an excellent size with a lovely big bathtub. Breakfast spread was very generous. Hotel staff was efficient

Room Tip: Higher floors offer great view of Dubai. If you are non-smoker,please request non-smoking room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MissNC, Director of Operations at The H Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Goodsel,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with the Tripadvisor community. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the comfort and layout of the rooms particularly impressed you. Feedback such as yours really helps to keep us focused on what guests consider to be valuable when staying in Five star Hotels

Please do keep in touch, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to The H Hotel soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a linked room on the 26th floor. Unfortunately the guests in the room next door decided to party very loudly from 3am until 5am! No member of staff was available to handle this ridiculous situation :-((

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear AlexanderA
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Tripadvisor community. I am terribly sorry to learn that you were disturbed and inconvenienced during your stay with us, and that the Associates on duty that night did not control guests creating the noise from the other room in a better manner.

We believe that each guest has a right to enjoy their room as they wish during their stay. However, this should not affect the satisfaction of guests in surrounding rooms, as that is not fair to those trying to get a good night sleep. Our overnight associates are all trained how to deal with guests causing disturbances, and I am truly sorry that we were unable to calm them down sufficiently on this occasion.

I would really like to speak to you about this personally if you could get in touch with me at the Hotel and hopefully we will be able to make up for your disappointment on a future visit.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed for 5 nights on a business trip. The Hotel is located at the top/bottom of Sheikh Zayed Road, very close to the convention centre. The room was exceptional spacious, as was the bathroom with seperate bathtub (very nice) and big walk-in rain shower, double vanity sinks, nice new fluffy towels, gowns etc. The bed was big and very comfortable. Room service was quick, service was very professional, yet friendly and the food was excellent. My only point of note was internet connection was a bit iffy and as a result, TV was sometimes unwatchable as it seems the TV system runs via internet access, so TV was jumpy.

I didn't use many other facilities, apart from breakfast, which I found good. Selection was more than adequate, never had to wait for a table, egg station which was both quick and tasty. Never had any problems getting a taxi, although many times I took the hotel taxi, which isnt that much more expensive than a regular taxi.

For me, this hotel was perfect for my needs. I believe it was running quite full, yet it always seemed peaceful and quiet. I liked the general atmosphere. Would definitely stay here again for a business trip of a short layover. Not sure it is suitable for a long leisure stay.

Finally, a special mention to housekeeping. They were excellent. The best I have encountered in a long time!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chunky353
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with the Tripadvisor community! I am delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay, and in particular the location and convenience of the Hotel works well to suit your needs during your trip. Thank you so much for the kind words about Housekeeping. That is one department that often gets taken for granted, so it really is a pleasure to hear such positive feedback.

I do apologise that the internet and TV was erratic during your stay. We have recently upgraded our system to a digital system, so hopefully on your next visit you won’t notice any more glitches with the signal.

Please do keep in touch, and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I always enjoy staying at the H. On my most recent stay I was greeted by name at the valet and personally escorted to my room where check in was completed. What a treat after a long day of travel! I also enjoy the quality and variety of the breakfast and the selection of sports channels on the TV is the best I have seen. The rooms are beautifully decorated, clean, and the beds are comfortable. The showers are spacious and there is plenty of hot water. I suppose if there is one suggestion, I wish the health club was open 24 hours. Overall, a great hotel which I recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Jakeryan021
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review about your experience at The H Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy staying in the Hotel so much, and that you feel recognized and welcomed by the associates each time you return. Positive feedback such as your really helps to motivate our teams to keep up the good work, and pay special attention to repeat guests such as yourself.

With regards to your feedback on the opeing hours of the Swimming Pool, we have recently extended them to stay open a little later in the evening, so hopefully this will now work with your schedule.

Please do keep in touch, and I hope to be able to welcome you back personally during your next visit.

Director of Operations

Been to The H Hotel? Share your experiences!