“Great position” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Palace Downtown Dubai

Save Saved
You added The Palace Downtown Dubai to your Saves list
The Palace Downtown Dubai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Old Town Island | Downtown Dubai, Dubai 9770, United Arab Emirates   |
Special Price
Save AED 100
Ranked #17 of 479 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Great position”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip March 2013. Perfect position in the shadow of the Burj Khalif and the fountain show. Pricey, as all hotels in Dubai are, but the breakfast is superb and the rooms very comfortable will all amenities you would expect. Check in a bit slow and my room not ready until lunchtime, despite me arriving at 0800 after overnight flight and requesting early check in. I would definitely come back here if on business, not sure if I would return with family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at The Palace Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor.

We are truly delighted to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to read that you appreciated our location with many attractions around as well as the breakfast. At the same time I am sorry that our associates were not able to accommodate your request in regards to the early check in due to high occupancy.

Thank you for your comments and it was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Michael Sorgenfrey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I cannot rate this hotel highly enough.Everything was first class from our arrival to our departure.We were not able to get the room that we had requested and were upgraded to a mini suite the room more than made up for the lack of view.The staff were both courteous and eager to please even to the point of smothering our bed with rose petals.I reccomend this hotel for a fantastic location in the heart of Dubai but away from the hustle and bustle,only a couple of minutes to all of attractions when you want them.

Room Tip: Try for a room overlooking the fountains and the Burj Khalifa.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at The Palace Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to learn that you had such a wonderful stay with us and truly enjoyed our Associate’s service, the upgrade to a suite and the set up in the room with petals.

Thank you again for your kind words and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The hotel itself is fabulous....i arrived early in the morning and they upgraded me to a suite...which was superb. My 2 kids (10 and 13) were with me and they charged for an extra bed. The breakfast next morning was adequate. when i was checking out they had charged me extra for the breakfast, one for kids b/f and 1 for adult. On enquiring the recepetion staff behaved as though they could not understand what i was saying. I mentioned that since they had charged me for an extra bed that included the b/f surcharge for the aduly child and the minor child is usually free. I also mentined that they should have informed me of this charge before eating the breakfast, but the lady at reception acted dumb and refused to reverse the charges. As i was running short of time i paid and asked for a feedback form which was denied. Anyways overall good hotel if you dont mind paying big bucks.

Room Tip: Take rooms facing the fountain as the views from here are fabulous. higher floors are better
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Palace Downtown Dubai starting with the check in where you were upgraded to a suite. At the same time please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have faced in regards to the breakfast charges. I will certainly address to the team your concern to be looked into for further improvement.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

mistake of my life we were staying in the hotel for 2 days and that was the biggest mistake of my life, first our check in was delayed we had to wait in the lobby for an 1hr reception staff does not no what to do they keep on blaming others for their mistakes,we went to pool in the morning as soon we entered the pool and started swimming a lady approached us and told not to use the pool,there was no signage or life guard who could informed us in prior ??? then we were having brunch in one of there restaurants the wedding started playing such a loud music that entire experience got ruined,we wanted to book asado for dinner but we were told that they have exclusive booking,this hotel is not organized,even there GM only replies to positive comments,i am never going back or recomending some one else

Room Tip: hotel is not worth
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at The Palace Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone on TripAdvisor.

I truly regret to read your comments and I would like to express my sincere apologizes for the inconvenience and for the experience which was not up to your expectation. It is a pity that you could not enjoy the swimming pool and dinner at Asado which were closed due to private events. The day we had the pool closed we offered to our guests the facilities at our sister property while providing also transportation to ensure they are happy and keep enjoying their stay with us.

We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had opportunity to stay 4 night at the palace for my first time , in fact the location is amazing in the heart of Dubai waking distance from Burj khalifa the tallest building in the world and very big shopping mall, call Dubai mall !!!

moving forward the check in process were very long as we a almost close to sleep at the lounge Sofa, trying to sleep after long trip was terrible as we got beaten with mosquitos and I had to call housekeeping to treat my suite .

As we paid 400-500$ for one night we set a great expectations which are never met

For sure I will return to Dubai again, but not for the palace.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the issues you highlighted where you faced a shortfall in service standards during your check in process which was delayed. I certainly understand that after a long trip you expect to check in as soon as you arrive at the hotel and we always try our best to accommodate requests from guests for an early check in if the occupancy allow us. I also like to apologize for the mosquitos which are a challenge now for Dubai due to the humid weather but we are working on it to reduce the number as much as possible.

At the same time I would like to thank you for the nice comments about our location and views.

We will definitely consider your feedback and I hope you will honor us with an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Me and my wife went to short trip to Dubai an dstayed in Palace Downtown. It is an amazing hotel with very very helpful staff. We arrived in the morning around 09 ( which we had delay for 3 hours ) we were very tired and we wait only 20 minutes to check in. Pool is amazing .We stayed in Lake view deluxe room.Room was big and the view was excellent. Overall I will deifnetly stay in this hotel whenever I visit dubai.
PS: We did not use F&B facilities becaus edubai mall was a 5 minutes walking distance and we found a lot of restaurants.
I strongly suggest this hotel.
Tahnks

Room Tip: Lake view deluxe room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at The Palace Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay with us.
We are delighted to read your kind words about our Associates who assisted you promptly upon check in. It is also nice to know that you enjoyed so much the pool as well as the room with the view.

It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

we, usually don't write anything about experience but I am writing this note because of the service provided in the Restaurant and quality and variety of food .One of my friend told us about the palace hotel and its food variety.We have been there with a friend for Breakfast. It was amazing. I loved most the girl standing at the door gave us chance to choose the table by ours self in our comfortable way where we like and manager (sitiram if i am not mistaken the name) going to table and asking for the feedback whether everything is all right? great selection of variety and polite chefs behind the counter to prepare egg you like. I can recommend any of you to try The palace food and extra exceptional service. I must say WOW

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at The Palace Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind review on Trip Advisor about your breakfast experience. We are glad that you took your friend’s advice and tried our Ewaan restaurant where you were pleased with the food and the service in particular from the hostess and Sitaram who will be thrilled to read your feedback.

Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming you back and maybe try our other outlets as well.

Michael Sorgenfrey

Been to The Palace Downtown Dubai? Share your experiences!