I have just returned from a stay at the Palace- Old Town. The location of the hotel is the first plus. Safe, clean and close to most sightseeing outgoings. I found it annoying over at Deira with the constant approaches for copy watches and bags.
The staff are so accomodating. I bought a light fitting and they carried it to my room for me- nothing is too much trouble. It can be a little OTT to be asked how we are enjoying the food every couple of minutes though- but the food was great (espcially breakfast).
I stayed in room 387 and had a great view of the Burg Kahlif and waterfountains. The room was extrememly opulent, and I only paid for a basic room. The beds are the stuff dreams are made of! So soft and luxurious.
At the pool we were treated like rock stars. They fluffed pillows and lay out our towels. They also have cabanas (look like tents from Aabian nights) with large water cooled fans. Great if you want to be out, stay cool and get a bit of warmth.
Yes, it is a little more expensive than most places, but I was completely relaxed and felt very safe- important as I was travelling with my 19 year old daughter.
The hotel didn't appear to be kid friendly, but I guess it isn't catering to that market.
Overall, I would recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace The Old Town Hotel Dubai
- The Palace The Old Town Hotel
- The Palace Old Town
- Palace The Old Town Dubai
- Sofitel Dubai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace, built on the edge of a lake, is a harmonious blend of the past and present of Dubai with 242 guest rooms and suites boasting a captivating Middle Eastern theme. The luxury hotel hosts an array of international restaurants featuring fine cuisine, a breathtaking luxury spa, recreational facilities, a large pool and a comprehensive business center. It is ideally located near the Dubai World Trade Center, several major business institutions, shopping malls and tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Tingo, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Palace Downtown Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.