“Good hotel, but WiFi is awful” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City

You added Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tecom Zone, Knowledge City | PO Box 282647, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #191 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Toledo, Ohio
“Good hotel, but WiFi is awful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Clean, friendly, BUT: The hotel's stated policy is free internet, but it's 0.5 Mbps. You have to pay for "high speed". I paid 600 DIRHAMS for 7 Days! (Approx US$200). It was faster, but still very slow. It takes 10-30 seconds to load an average webpage. You can't watch even low res video. When I complained about the speed of the upgrade and asked for my money back, they told me that 2Mbps is the intended high speed. If you have 2 Mbps, you don't get a refund. Despite going to the desk twice about this, nothing was done.

Room Tip: Make sure you're close to a router or you won't get the crappy wifi at all.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Walidkhaled, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear C C,

Thank you for your time spent sharing your experience with us at our hotel.
It is nice to read clean and friendly, however sad to know about the internet experience.

After reading your review our IT were inspired to install more routers to make sure none of our guests experience the same problem as you did.

Hopefully your next visit will be perfect in all aspects.

Walid Khaled

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a cheap clean hotel and convenient location for us to make day trips. Holiday Inn Express - internet city was perfect since we were on a budget. 10min walk to the metro and if you choose to go to JBR Beach and Marina its only a 10min taxi ride. It is important to know that this hotel is not in a touristy area full of restaurants and café in walking distance.

Dear TGspazz,

Thank you for the "Great" as headline of your great review. We are happy to read you have enjoyed your stay.
We are in 100% pure business district, nevertheless as you have mentioned, a 10 mins drive you will be in Dubai most lavishing areas.

Looking forward for your next visit and thank you again for your review.

Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

We travelled to Dubai for my partner to participate in a photography convention, the holiday inn is located next door to the convention centre where convention was held. So I had no real expectations of grandeur it wasn't a holiday as such so that was fine.

On arrival to the hotel the check in was straight forward reception staff were helpful the reception area was spacious with bar and restaurant. The king size room was clean and spacious with view over the front of the hotel room 318. The bed was firm and with plenty of pillows (2 each) one pillow had a 'firm' tag on while the other was soft, there was a wardrobe - hangers included, tv, phone, fridge, 2 complimentary bottles of water , the bathroom was a decent size big enough not to bump head while sat on loo.

Over the 6 day stay all staff were helpful, pleasant, hard working and always happy to help the security staff/doorman - door was automatic so he never opened it but would help with luggage when required, would say hello/goodbye and ask how you were every time you passed. Even when I went back to the room to pick up something a member of staff from room service greeted me with 'hello maam'

Breakfast was included in the price of the room booking, dinner was also served here, we were always out for lunch so I'm not sure if the restaurant served a lunch menu. The breakfast was adequate a wide choice of cold and cooked with jams, pastries and cereals it wasn't amazing but there was plenty of food so you never wouldn't go hungry.

There are a couple of restaurants in the local vicinity 1 mins walk on the opposite junction to the hotel, a Subway, a Segafreda coffee shop and two restaurants 'Oregano' serving Italian pizza and pasta dishes and Cedar tree a lebanese restaurant both were nice places to eat, very reasonable approximately £5-£15 each for dinner including soft drink, starter and very close to hotel.
In the day we were shown to the university food court anyone can eat here different types of food KFC, lebanese, various others I didn't take notice of them. In general restaurants were reasonably priced starter and main dishes at the lebanese was about £12-15 each which as I write sounds expensive but the portions are big and could've taken a doggy bag and did so once, at the lebanese i would ask them how big the portions are before you especially the main meal mezze dishes as 2 ppl could easily share it.

Travelling around dubai is mainly by taxi if you don't know better, there is always a taxi outside the hotel ready to take you anywhere. Taxis are moderately priced cheaper than the UK I can't compare distances but the most expensive we paid was £10 for a journey from internet city to the burj arab (sail hotel) 20mins approx. There is a metro station about 10mins walk from the hotel 15aed (£2.45) for return ticket or 16aed for all day ticket, very good!!

Alcohol is served in the hotel bar, not in the restaurants there is a roof top bar next door called 'Story' free to enter when there are no functions on but the drink are expensive £16 for two bottles of lager!! The hotel bar was cheaper £8 pint of heineken we aren't lager drinkers were too scared to buy spirit shorts as they wouldn't last as long :s

I would say this hotel is business use and adults only nothing for kids to do here, if I was on a 'holiday' then i may choose to go somewhere else with a pool and balcony but saying that I wasn't disappointed by the lack of these facilities and would definitely stay here again and recommend this to others

We plan on going back to Dubai and staying in the same hotel, partly because we look to go in time for my partner to attend the GPP and because it was just really good value, modern decor, supremely clean, relaxed atmosphere, all the staff were polite, helpful and location was great.

Room Tip: 318 Kingsize room with sofa very close to the lift - very quiet only ever heard the doors closing on...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Walidkhaled, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Erinairy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review! There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us!
Your kind words regarding the service of our Staff are greatly appreciated. It is so wonderful to hear that our security guards were able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff truly care for our guests and we love to see that shine through.

Looking forward to your next workshop and another spread the happiness review!

uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed here whilst attending a concert at nearby Media City Amphitheatre. Staff were efficient and courteous. Rooms basic but starting to looking very dated and worn (Good to hear that they will be refurbished soon) Breakfast was adequate but not replenished quickly and other guests were told no more 'hot food' at 9.30 so breakfast still had 2 hours to go...
Big concern was the noise/music from roof-top bar, we didn't get to our room till after midnight and the noise was very disturbing and we were on the only on the 3rd floor - hope this was a 'one-off' occasion otherwise the 4th floor will be a no-go!

Room Tip: choose lower floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Walidkhaled, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Veart,

Thank you for your time sharing your experience with us.
Holiday Inn Express is smart brand offering basic room, free breakfast and free internet. We are happy that you found our staff courteous.
Our refurbishment will commence in early April, one of our kind guests has already published a photo of the new room, what do you think about it?
I am sorry about the music coming from the lounge, we have addressed the concern to them and they promised to be more attentive in the future.

Hopefully we will score 5 stars in your next visit.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

While the hotel rooms were clean and the location is relatively convenient, a particular incident with hotel management was the worst i've ever encountered. After checking in, paying and signing for the bill I was called in my room by the frontdesk agent to inform me i had to pay more because they had made a mistake with the bill. When i refused because I already signed the bill management called me and started to blackmail me by saying they would charge the employee in question if I did not pay extra. They continued to issue these threats when i refused, also face-to-face. Management like this is abusive towards staff and the way this case was handled towards me made me feel awful. Hence i remember my stay in holiday inn express internet city with very negative feelings.

The hotel is fine, the management is slave labour.

• Stayed March 2013
Walidkhaled, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear Kadmos2000,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to know about your experience with the front desk.

I sent you a private message to know the details of the payment.

Sorry for the inconvenience and kind regards,

Palermo, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I always stay at holiday inn for business. It is only 2 minutes walking from my work. This time I was surprised when I was checked in to the newly refurbished room. It is beautiful nice and very different. I felt so special. Ahh the staff are always smiling and helpful. Well done holiday inn express

• Stayed February 2014
Walidkhaled, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear drkhal,

Wow! you published the photo before we did. I am glad that you glad that you like our new rooms.

As of first April we will start the entire rooms refurbishment.
Thank you for your feeback and looking forward to many more great vists.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed here in Nov 2013 whilst in business in Dubai, on my own. I had never been before and the staff were excellent. In particular, Emma, Danny and Tasmin at reception. They assisted me in whatever I needed and cannot thank them enough. They were very helpful in arranging taxis and recommending places to go etc. The room I had was fine. It was cleaned every day to a high standard (thanks to Lillian) and everything was there that I needed. The staff in the restaurant were also very good, doing what they could to make my dining experience comfortable.
In all, I would definitely use this hotel again, albeit its definitely more suited to guests who are there on business.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Walidkhaled, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Gill882014,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so overwhelmed that the team have provided you an excellent service. Emma, Danny, Tasniem and Lilian were so happy reading your note infront of everybody.

We look forward to another excellent experience with us.

Kind regards,

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City? Share your experiences!