“Clean Hotel, great location, adorable staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tecom Zone, Knowledge City | PO Box 282647, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #210 of 474 hotels in Dubai
Beirut, Lebanon
“Clean Hotel, great location, adorable staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at holiday inn express on a short visit to Dubai from 9 till 13 Octobre 2013. Great location near to best places in Dubai Jumairah Beach, Marina, Madinat Jumairah, the Atlentis, knowledge village, just 7 minutes walking distance from the Internet city Metro station. Staff are so nice and helpfull . Very clean room, bed sheets changed on daily. Healthy delicious breakfast. Wireless internet is available on free basis, we had a connection problem on our last day and they directly fixed it. Ideal for value-conscious business and leisure travellers, I would surely repeat the experience of staying at this property.

Room Tip: I would recomend the rooms with Burj Al Arab view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Walidkhaled, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear toi1980,

Thank you so much for your time spent writing this review.
We are glad to read you had good stay and we appreciate every word you have shared about your experience.

We hope we'll have the chance to have to have you staying with is back.

Kind regards,

317 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This time I stayed at the hotel alone for my university workshop in September which is generally a nice time to visit Dubai. As usual, I had a good experience.

I went for early morning walks to Dubai Knowledge Village and that was something amazing with lot of greenery and birds.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Walidkhaled, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Tanweer A,

We are extremely happy to read your second review of our hotel and happier to know you had a good stay.
Looking forward for the third visit.

Regards,
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel is a great choice for a reasonably priced place to stay in Dubai at the Marina / Palm side of the city.

Overall impression is nothing special compared to the 4 and 5 star hotels in Dubai, but the price is good value - the Holiday Inn Express is functional, clean and well maintained. Staff are professional and efficient, the laundry service worked exactly as advertised, and it was no hassle arranging a transfer to the airport. Internet is free for IHG members.

The restaurant and bar are not the best but there are so many places within a 10 minute taxi ride (or even a short walk across the road) that this doesn't really matter. During my stay the adjacent rooftop 'Vista' restaurant was closed for renovations, which was big loss as it offered something unique previously.

If you are travelling for business or leisure and just want somewhere hassle free to sleep while you are out and about at work or exploring the city, this hotel is recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear voehn,

Thank you so much for your review. It is great to read your comments.

We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed everything about your hotel and we appreciate you recommending our property.

Hope we will have the great chance to have you staying back with us soon.

Kind regards,

Pompano Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was surprised but hopeful when I found that such an inexpensive hotel had such a huge number of very highly rated reviews. I now know that this should be a huge warning sign.

It was a little late when I arrived and initial impressions were a little shaky. There was no one around but a lone security guard and he scrambled to roust someone who could check me in. I got checked in with little hassle, but when I reached the first floor room, I was crestfallen. The furnishings were unbelievably cheap, which can be forgiven for a budget option, but what was unforgivable was the condition of the room.

There was a dank, greasy smell hanging in the air of the room as if someone had just used the bathroom just before I arrived. It was stomach churning. The entire room was covered with a layer of greasy dirt. The sad little couch was so faded that it appeared to be very, very dusty. The bed looked okay, but was shifted awkwardly in the room. All of the super cheap light fixtures had pain spatters and one was dented. There were smudges on the walls. The carpet had a worn pattern and dirty streaks. There were several light colored areas that I could not identify conclusively as stains or a couple of high contrast clean areas. I am leaning towards the latter as the bed was shifted in such a way that the feet left similar clean spots along with an area of the carpet which revealed the position of some previous furniture. Bathroom surfaces were worn and stained also.

Please don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting a four or five star hotel, but based on the incredible number of high star, glowing reviews I had a slightly higher expectation. I called the front desk to ask for another room and someone from housekeeping came by and spritzed the room with a few stingy squirts of deodorizer. Not really what I had in mind. They did move me across the hall to another room which was maybe a tad less worn out and dirty, but the effect was the same. I decided to just give it up and try to get a few hours of sleep and the paper thin walls transmitted endless amounts of noise, ruining my first day of training.

In the morning, I checked out and went to a hotel which was located farther away but met my reasonable standards of cleanliness.

I created this account just to share my experience.

Room Tip: Avoid this place entirely. My rooms were awful and I was offered no reasonable alternatives.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Walidkhaled, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear goodusernamesallgone,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

We believe that we can only ameliorate our services through your feedback.
from our guests. We are sorry and disappointed to hear that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations.

Good luck with your next reviews.

Best regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel , very spacious room, nice, clean and fully equipped. Friendly staff and atmosphere . Good variety of food in breakfast. If coming for business purpose then this hotel is good .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Nahed N,

Thank you for your time sharing your thoughts about our hotel. We are happy to know you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to having you staying back with us soon.

Best Regards,

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Nice room, Spacious , internet is chargeable., Good location nearby our office. No 7 eleven no restaurants. If you want to eat you have to eat there only. Morning Buffet is awesome. Staff are courteous. Nearby college canteen you can find KFC and Lebanese restaurant. Found one beautiful girl in reception :) . All over excellent hotel. Bathrooms are big with tubs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We arrived late into Dubai so rather then pay alot of money for an additional night stay at The Westin where we were for the week we checked in here for the night. It was a lovely and clean and breakfast was included which was very good. Staff were very helpful and checkin and out was speedy without delay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Myles D,

Big thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and the breakfast.

Hope you had a great time in Dubai too.

Best regards,

Walid Khaled

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City? Share your experiences!