“Adequate for short stays” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City

You added Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tecom Zone, Knowledge City | PO Box 282647, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #204 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Adequate for short stays”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a descent hotel for short stays specially if you're visiting Dubai Internet City or Knowledge Village on your trip. I was there to attend my MBA class and it was very easy for me to access my university at DKV from this hotel.

I do not recommend it for family stays. I would rather stay at a hotel near Mall of Emirates with family. Although staff was very accommodating but my family didn't enjoy much at the hotel due to limited dine-in options and lack of activities for kids.

I haven't tried their restaurant so, can't comment on that.

Rooms were generally clean and well maintained. The area is quite and nice, very good for walks at night. A convenience store, pharmacy and couple of fast food chains are available across the road.

Room Tip: They only have 2 connecting rooms (as per reception desk staff) so, if you're looking for connec...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Walidkhaled, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Tanweer A,

Thank you so much for your review.

Holiday Inn Express is a budget and limited service hotel, indeed we don't have kids facilities that may not be very suitable for families however we are very close to many attractions like water parks, beaches and Ski Dubai.

Hope we'll have the chance to see you back soon.

Best regards,

Walid Khaled

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Turkish first
Heerlen, Limburg, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is the second time that I was in this hotel. I am still very satisfied with the service they provided, They're friendly always have a warm smile on their face, whatever the situation is. I felt like I was welcome . One of the managers recommended me the dessert safari and booked it for me, This safari is a must when you stay in Dubai. I personally need to say thank you to Mr. Khaled. Further are the rooms clean and have a lot of space, comfortable bed, led TV,
n and there is a very good restaurant at the 5th floor. I'll recommend this hotel for sure to family and friends. Keep the good work up, guys!!! Will be back for my next stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Walidkhaled, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Danny D,

Thank you so much for your 2nd review. It is great pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay at the hotel and Vista our rooftop restaurant and lounge.

I am very happy that you have enjoyed your safari trip.
let me know when you will be back in town so we take again good care of you.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights one week and a couple the following week whilst on business in the region. Ideal to the location of the offices I was visiting, they are next door. I know the area well having been visiting the offices here for a while during 2013 already. Yes, there is a supermarket, ATM, Dominos, Subway, other small restaurants all in the vicinity. In addition, remember in Dubai you can get ANYTHING delivered to you. All food types and seemingly no problem to deliver. If you want to be lazy then this is the place to be!

There are taxis galore in this area apart from on special nights i.e. I was trying to get a taxi to my hotel on valentines night and it was impossible... so, there is also the Metro which, if you think Taxis are cheap then go on the metro! It is sooooo cheap... around 2dh for about 4-5 stations...If you are around for a while then get a silver top up card, they dont expire and dont have max number of top ups...

All in all the hotel is clean, tidy, rooms are a bit small compared to other hotels but the same as other HIEX... It is a functional hotel, not oppulent... sometimes it is overpriced when you see it advertised but I would call the hotel with your request and see what they can do for you - if you dont ask you dont get!

Dear ukdcham,

Big thank you for your time writing this review.
Our location is in the heart of Internet City and Knowledge village and very short drive to Media City, like much of our great city, our neighborhood features a wide array of dining options, from fast-food to haute cuisine.
Metro is an excellent mean and cheap of transportation as you have mentioned.
Again, thank you so much for your kind review. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

As it is an express chain hotel, nothing much and fancy about the hotel amenities. However, it is simple, clean and fit my purpose to find an affordable hotel accommodation near Dubai Marina area. Knowledge city is the nearest location to Dubai Marina which can offer lower accommodation, quiet and not far away by means of bus, metro or taxi.

However, if the breakfast can have minor varieties will give more thumb up for the hotel. The sausages perhaps may change to turkey ham once upon a time.

The centralized aircond is not able to adjust the temperature. The room is too warm at night.

Dear Stanley_Wong1204,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor, You have perfectly discribed our concept and location. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for suggesting turkey ham our chef is considering it on his breakfast buffet.
We believe that we can only ameliorate our services through your feedback.
from our guests. We are disappointed to hear that the AC wasn't able to be adjusted, our engineering team are going through the rooms to make sure everything is functioning fine.
We are glad that your overall experience at the Holiday Inn Express DIC was good.

We are looking forward to your next trip to Dubai.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

No frills, nothing fancy but modern, simple, clean, and best of all a great value for your money. Staff was helpful and the inclusive breakfast had a decent selection. I stayed here with my sister, who lived in Dubai so we didn't have to rely on the hotel for much so I can't really attest to location or tourist services. For us, this was exactly what we needed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear ADesai90024,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are glad that we are the hotel that you were looking for while your stay in Dubai.
I am sure you had great time with your sister here in Dubai.

We're looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you are looking for good budget plus nice location .. then it will be a perfect choice
yes its not luxurious hotel same as many in Dubai , but its very clean and staff are very friendly and helpful .
i like the location so much as its easy access to mall of the emirates, palm jumierah, and Dubai marina.
the area is very quite so.. if you want some noise around u will have to take a taxi somewhere nearby

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Walidkhaled, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Atef220,

A big thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor. It is great to know that you had a good stay and your review says all about us.

Let me know when youre back in town so we take good care of your stay again.

Nigeria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed for two days. The room was clean, with wireless internet, shower and flat screen TV with good nos of English channels - news, movies. The hotel seems good value for short business trips because of it being in Knowledge village where a good nos of IT companies are. And not ideal for vacations becuase of lack of room service and swimming pool. It won the award of best price hotel in dubai in 2012

Dear TeeHaa,

Many thanks for your review. We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay and have liked our TV channels. Yes, we won an award for the best price value hotel, we owe a big thank you for all of you -our guests- who made it happen.

Once again, thank you and kind regards,

Walid Khaled

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City? Share your experiences!