“Great start” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rodeo Drive
Shaikh Zayed Road, The Stables, Dubai Dubai SZR, United Arab Emirates (The Marina)
+971 4 386 9617
Neighborhood: The Marina
Dubai
“Great start”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Okay, in theory, this place is great. And, I have to say that I've replaced Ketchup Dubai with this place as the number one American style wing spot in the UAE. Also, the atmosphere and music were pretty great too. However, I've got to point out some bad parts too. Here's my pro/con list:

Pros:
AMAZING WINGS
Beer Pong

Cons:
20AED Charge for having either ranch or bleu cheese with wings. That's ridiculous, even if it is "Made in the kitchen," as I was told by the server. Ranch/BC go with wings, should only be a charge for EXTRA sauce.
Beer pong prices, or rather the price for a pitcher. A pitcher of Bud was something like 150AED, close to $40USD. Now, I know after living here for quite some time that the UAE has pretty steep alcohol prices, but that's crazy for a pitcher price. Most bars in the US offer specials on their pitchers to draw customers. If places in Dubai can have happy hour, I'm sure these guys can lower their pitcher prices. Just my two cents, of course.
"Smart Casual" dress code. I didn't see anyone necessarily turned around, so I'm not sure how strict that dress code is, but come on. You're marketing a beer pong, mechanical bull spot and you want people to have a collared shirt when they walk through the door?

All in all, I really enjoyed myself here, and as such I kept the rating at 4 stars. Where it loses is pricing, in my opinion. If I were managing the place, I would drop the pitcher prices to a more realistic 80-100AED (I guarantee you'll still pull a profit on this), drop the 20AED surcharge for a small thing of ranch dressing, and relax that dress code.

Thanks for bringing a bit of beer pong fun to Dubai!!!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere