“Simply the best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 478 Hotels in Dubai
Sydney, Australia
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The Raffles Dubai is an oasis of peace and tranquility, beautifully designed with acres of rare marble and exquisite stone work the ancient Egyptian theme is quite remarkable and very tasteful this also includes the lovely Waffi mall that adjoins hotel .

Our rooms were very spacious and impeccably maintained by the charming room service personnel, Our butlers were outstanding and were great ambassadors for the hotel.
I have never met a lady butler before and I have to say that butler Lillian was at the top of her profession we highly commend her.

The Azure restaurant is first class, chef Samson and his team produce the most sumptuous food, the breakfast buffet is one of the finest that I have seen or tasted.
Chef Praveen introduced me to a hotel specialty Arab style lentil soup just so good.
The waiters were impeccable and gave a very fine service.

The club room for afternoon tea and later drinks and canapes was admirably staffed by charming and knowledgeable club waiters. Both Mathew and Frederick plus one other whose name eludes me are highly commended.

The concierge Maylene who sorted out a tricky Emirates reservation in no time at all and gave us lots of advice on side trips she is also highly commended .

All in all this is a very fine hotel made more so by its excellent staff.
we spent five days at the end of June northbound and four days southbound in August.

This will be our hotel of choice on future trips .
We recommend the club rooms for the little extra it costs

Bernard Harris

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

I was absolutely delighted that the team at the hotel had ensured that your overall stay far exceeded your expectations. In addition, thank you for your lovely words about Lilian, Chefs Samson & Praveen, Maylene, Frederick and Matthew - which I have shared directly with them.

In addition, it was lovely to hear that you would recommend the club rooms to other travellers and that you had enjoyed the breakfast offerings.

Thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai - the team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to the region.

Andrew Abram

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel is breathtakingly beautiful. The lobby is stunning - it's glitz and glam, but tasteful and elegant. The hotel is built in the shape of a pyramid and I understand that the conglomerate that built it invested $140 million US dollars in the project. It was worth it!!!! As an added bonus, it is only about 10 minutes from the airport!

Some highlights:

My room was huge and well-appointed - it had a king sized bed, large walk-in closet, lovely bathroom, and enormous balcony with patio and lounge furniture - perfect for the hot nights in Dubai.

The concierge room was very nice and, while food choices were somewhat limited, I had the option of having breakfast in the dining room - and it was excellent with a large buffet offering a wide array of choices.

The concierge was extremely helpful - arranging transportation, suggesting sightseeing and tour options, and making dinner recommendations. All of his recommendations were excellent - and we particularly enjoyed dinner at the Burj al Arab. In addition, the hotel has eleven restaurants and bars - and we enjoyed the tea room, sitting outside at the bar, and the steakhouse.

I initially had some problems logging on to the internet, but the hotel had an IT support technician who came to my room, checked my PC, and installed a program that allowed me full access - and he explained how to remove the program he installed - which I was able to do with no problem. He was extremely helpful and very efficient.

For my purposes, the hotel was in an excellent location - however, if you are planning to spend time at the beach, it would be a bit of a distance. It is, however, near the business and shopping districts which was perfect for me.

I often get surveys after staying in hotels asking if the hotel "helped you relax" or "contributed to making it easy for you to work". This is the first hotel where I can honestly say that I LOVED spending time in my room - it really did help me relax and the environment made work a pleasure. I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read such a wonderful review and to learn that you had a positive stay experience. Furthermore, it was pleasing to hear your kind words about the design of the hotel as well as that you found the room comfortable.

Thank you for recommending Raffles Dubai - the team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I love this place, i've been here a few times now and it is truly amazing! Everyone has been well thought through.
Externally, the building is shaped like a pyramid and it so distinguishable and refreshing on the dubai skyline.
Internally, the opulence of the lobby is a sight to behold, with a beautiful water fountain in the centre. The lobby is just so grand and impressive, with a lot of glass openings at the entrance, the lighting into the lobby allows for a more open and spacious feeling.
The rooms are awesome, even the standard signature rooms. They are huge and with 2 adults and 2 kids, space was still not an issue.
Bathrooms are grand, as you tend to expect in Dubai hotels.
It's a shame it is not overlooking the beachside, our recent room overlooked the swimming pool, beyond that from the balcony you could see the road and building works on the opposite side of the road - as i say this is the only shame about the hotel, but there is little it can do about its location and does not detract from the enjoyment you can have within the hotel.
Breakfast is impressive - i asked for eggs benedict each day and over it came freshly cooked and to my specification. The kids wanted chicken nuggets, it wasn't on the menu, but no problem, they made it for us immediately - no job too small. To that end, service was exceptional.

Overall, we were very happy with this hotel, as i say it's location is arguably its only downfall, but if you accept that, you will find little else at fault. Well done!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to hear that all your stays have been a memorable experience and that your find the rooms spacious and comfortable.

Furthermore, it was pleasing to read that you had enjoyed breakfast and that your special menu requests had been easily accommodated.

The team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on another occasion - thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai.

Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is now my third time at Raffles Dubai for business/pleasure.
The staff are genuinely helpful and pleasant to deal with and seem to take great pride in their hotel. From the chocolates our Butler left us daily to the strategically placed slippers at the side of the bed, our stay from start to finish was memorable. We had just left a hotel in Monaco to come to Dubai and afterwards also stayed in two Hilton hotels in London, all of which pale by comparison! Our favorite hotel in the Middle East by a country mile!
Rich

Room Tip: ask for one overlooking the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to hear that you would rate us one of the best hotels in the Middle East and that the staff exceeded your service expectations.

Furthermore, I was lovely to read that the extra touches provided had helped make your stay memorable.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai on your next visit to the region.

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Me and my family stayed at Raffles Dubai as my 1st year birthday treat for my daughter as she just recovered from sickness, I have decided to stay in the hotel to relax instead of giving her party. The Hotel has provided such surprise in the room when we entered and they made some customized amenities for my daughter and it really does warm my heart. I really made a perfect choice of where to stay and never regret it. I must say that I am thoroughly impressed with their operations and personnel providing such excellent and hospitality treats. The spacious room of 753 Sqft with a private garden terrace that unwinds and calm, the ambiance is perfect for those who just want to relax.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to hear that you and your family had an awesome stay and that we had helped make your daughters 1st birthday extra special.

Furthermore, it was pleasing to note that the staff had exceeded your service expectations.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Raffles Dubai - we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on another occasion.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Raffles for the first two nights of our honeymoon. When we arrived we were told by the reception that we could upgrade to a diplomatic suite for the equivalent of $175/night. And what a suite it was!!! Beautifully appointed and very clean. The room service at Raffles was also superb with very fresh Italian produce. My husband, who is from Naples, said it was as good as home!
I would recommend Raffles to anyone staying in Dubai and who wants to be close to the airport (although it is only 10 minutes away from Burj Khalifa by taxi) .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you and your husband had enjoyed the first few nights of your honeymoon and that you had been upgraded to a suite.

Thank you so much for recommending Raffles Dubai. The team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We visited Raffles Dubai for the first time in March 2013. We loved the hotel, the food, accommodation and above all the service which was faultless. The staff go out do their way to welcome guests and make their stay as enjoyable as possible. The executive club service was superb and excellent value for money. In particular, we would like to thank Frederick and his colleague/room mate, apologies his name escapes me. Nothing is too much trouble and they go that extra mile above and beyond to provide guests with a superb experience, one we will never forget for sure. I would highly recommend Raffles Dubai to anyone and will most definitely return. As an aside it is close to the airport and excellent value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an excellent stay and that you found the food, service and accommodation faultless.

Furthermore, I was pleased to note that you had enjoyed the club facilities and that Frederick and his colleague had exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. The team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai.

Andrew Abram

Been to Raffles Dubai? Share your experiences!