“OMG .....totally lives up to the reputation” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Dine and Delight
Ranked #2 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
West Midlands
“OMG .....totally lives up to the reputation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

From the first minute of being greeted by the driver at the arrival site at airport it was truly amazing - staff were fabulous... and part of me wants to keep this Hotel a secret so it doesnt get too busy ....
pool staff were attentive and bring you iced tea and cool face flannels,food was divine,rooms scrumptious and the trip was 100% luxury ....

Room Tip: No sea view so dont waste time on that - this is a city escape on maybe stop over to Asia ?
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had a positive stay and that you found the staff fabulous. Furthermore, it was pleasing to note that overall your trip was 100% luxury.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Andrew Abram

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I'm prompted to write a review having read"Kate from Melbourne" s review,wasn't going to bother as pretty much what has been written is quite correct,however my daughter and I stayed here in late November 2012 for 10 nights,we had a club room we had TWO nights sleep completely obliterated,the last one the night before we left,shattered to say the least.
Screaming and shouting ,banging doors ,horrendously loud music,,room service contributing to the racket ,delivering food and drink all night, started at around 0130 hrs and finally ceased at 0630 hrs.
Yes I did ring to complain on both occasions on the first night at 0300 hrs and on the second I finally gave in at 0500 hrs but to no avail,I did receive a complimentary plate of chocolates the first time !
Would have rather of had the sleep.
I felt the response was poor, I was a club room guest for 10 nights,a long stay if you go by the usual business hotel turn around,but I got the impression it was a regular occurrence .was told that the police had been called earlier that month but the party host invited all the landing to the party and the matter was resolved !!
The plus side of our stay were the attentive helpfull and exceptionally polite staff throughout the hotel the club room is a must,not as good as some I've used ,but delightful staff a plentiful array of snacks,albeit a little repetitive .
Fire and Ice restraunt is fabulous ,as good as any similar I have been in ,in Dubai before,highly recommended .
Breakfasts are excellent,catering for every corner of the globe,just a point to remember,make sure they are not charging you twice for breakfast,mine was included in my club room board basis ,having been payed for prior to our stay,but the restraunt insisted on charging for it,there was no problem getting it removed From the final bill by the club lounge staff.
The down side was the pool area,from the pictures I viewed before hand I knew it wasn't going to be the best in the world,but looked ok I can put up with most things, but it was particularly boring after 10 days,dangerously slippery surfaces each time someone left the pool,but the staff are continually mopping the excess water away, there were a couple of tidal waves when you had to gab your clothing or newspapers whenever a guest chose to dive in ,but we did get wise to that,but I have to say the complimentary water and ice tea were a nice touch,delivered by a very efficient waiter or pool attendant.
Another plus was there were no prostitutes in sight !
Definately a pest in other hotels in Dubai ,but security here was good,would I go back? No I don't think so,there are much better similarly priced hotels ,the Grand Hyatt being one of them just across from the Raffles.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I was disappointed to read that you did not have a positive stay experience and that you felt the response from the team at the hotel was poor. As we have written on this forum many times we take all our guest feedback very seriously and I only regret that on this occasion we were unsuccessful in dealing with the situation.

As my colleague wrote in her note sent in December, all feedback is used to enhance our service standards and we will use this to focus on the areas where we failed. We have held focus groups to discuss how we could have handled this situation better and what we would do differently next time.

I understand that this does not change what happened and for this I can again only offer my sincere apologies for the disturbance and inconvenience that you experienced.

I understand that you probably would not choose to stay here again. However if you do return to Dubai and would consider giving Raffles another opportunity so that we can try and alter your marred opinion, please contact me directly so I can personally take care of your booking.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed in a club room - great size room and exceptional personal service from the staff.

Arrived very early (9am in the morning) and was still checked in. A great way to start our holiday after a night flight.

Only downfall of this hotel is the location. The Wafi Mall was completely empty (and boring) when we were there.

Room Tip: Club rooms are great
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the service from the staff exceeded your expectations. I was also pleased to note that we were able to accommodate your early arrival.

The team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Leuven, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Egyptian temples were built as dwellings for the gods!
Dubai Raffles is like an Egyptian temple for humans.
What an impressive lobby, very nicely decorated rooms with a private terrace, a delicious breakfast, a beautifully designed botanical garden, but most of all what an impeccable service!
Everybody was so kind, supportive and concerned. Thank you to all the people of the front desk, the concierge and the Club floor who made our stay in this hotel like a stay in heaven.

Adjacent to the hotel there is the Wafi mall, but also the other shopping malls are within reach thanks to the nearby metro. Taxis and limo taxis are very affordable too.

Room Tip: Book a Club room on the 10th floor. Sai and his team will take care of you with the utmost effort to...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had a positive stay experience and that you had enjoyed the decor of the hotel.

Furthermore, I was pleased to note that you had found the staff kind and supportive and that your stay felt like heaven.

I and the team look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai on another occasion.

Kind regards

Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a short break at Raffles Dubai (7th - 11th February 2013). We have stayed at many similarly rated hotels around the world but I can honestly say that this hotel and staff exceeded all expectations. We stayed in a Club Room on the 10th floor and enjoyed the hospitality of Sai Rasam (Duty Manager), Fredrick and the other staff in the Raffles Club Lounge. We were treated royally and all staff were helpful and friendly. The Food was excellent and the room and public areas were of a high standard. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone considering a visit to Dubai and I hope to return again in the future.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to note that you had a wonderful trip and that the staff exceeded your expectations.

I have shared your feedback with Sai, Frederick and the entire team at the hotel who were as pleased as I was to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We all look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai on another occasion.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Recently stayed for the second time at Raffles but boy what a difference 12 months can make. First stay couldn't recommend this Hotel enough , but this most recent trip absolutely appalling. We stayed three nights and two of theses nights were the worse of our whole trip due to Parties being held in other rooms on our floor. First night 3 hrs sleep not much fun when you have checked in exhausted at 2am. Kids running up and down the corridor outside are room, other guests slamming doors and no regard for other guests trying to sleep. Rooms are not soundproof and at night can easily hear people talking outside your room. On our last night ZERO sleep thanks to this time new Party Guests in the room opposite who had loud music, people coming and going slamming doors all night. Had to leave at 7am for airport (NO SLEEP) only to see two other female party girls still knocking on this persons door to get into the party opposite our room. Did I ring reception at 3.30am YES! Did they do anything NO !!!
Appalling service and no actioning of complaint by the night manager.
Shame because Hotel and rooms are is lovely but would I stay here again - probably not as this was the worst experience to happen twice during a three night stay with a 14 hr flight to get on after being kept awake all night. Also WIFI is terrible in rooms - unless your happy to sit on the edge of the bath all night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was very disappointed to read about your stay experience and that you left Raffles Dubai with such a negative impression. This is definitely not how we wish our residents to depart the property.

I understand that my colleague called you regarding your review in order to discuss your remarks in detail and to apologise on behalf of the hotel. I hope this goes someway to assure you just how seriously we take all our guest comments.

That said; I was pleased to hear that you would possibly consider returning to the hotel if you visit the region again. I do hope that you will allow us this opportunity so that we can try and alter your marred opinion.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My review of the hotel is simple, one of the most enjoyable hotel experiences I have had. The service at the hotel from Sai, Olena and Royce was above and beyond, a real five start experience, of course there a few issues but all issues were resolved with utmost professionlism which also enhanced the five star experience.

As the hotel is not a bechfront resort it is best suited for business travel, although it would be a top hotel for a total relaxation holiday with use of all the facilities.

Room Tip: The room we occupied was on the 10th floor and had great balcony views and was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read your comments and see that your stay at Raffles Dubai had been an enjoyable experience.

That said I was disappointed to note that you had faced some issues, however I am glad that they were handled quickly and professionally by the team.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Raffles Dubai. The team and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Andrew Abram

Been to Raffles Dubai? Share your experiences!