“Value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Ascot Hotel

You added Royal Ascot Hotel to your Saves list
Royal Ascot Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Khalid Bin Waleed Road | Bur Dubai, Dubai 115160, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #254 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
“Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Three of us stayed at the hotel during our 4 day holiday in Dubai. The room was large and spacious enough for the 3 of us. The breakfast buffet can get extremely loud with all the tour groups booked in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Alexander M, General Manager at Royal Ascot Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Mary Par,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Royal Ascot Hotel for your recent stay in Dubai. I am delighted to read your review in Tripadvisor and to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Royal Ascot Hotel.

Alexander Musch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Spent a week there. Had asked for no smoking room, was placed in a smoking room. Requested a move to a no smoking room, was told there were no more rooms. Went to tour guide and complained. Surprise - a no smoking room was found. Room space was more than adequate, but the A/C was set at a low temp and was unable to adjust. Ended up turning off the A/C when sleeping. Room appeared clean, but on closer inspection, noticed dirty corners, carpet stains and dirty table tops. Bathroom was okay, but toilet flush noise was loud. You could hear other toilets above and below being flushed throughout the night. Breakfast area was dark (used as a nightclub in the evening). Service in the breakfast area was poor at best.

Room Tip: Make sure you insist on a non-smoking room. Rooms on the inside of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexander M, General Manager at Royal Ascot Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Richard K,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I appreciate receiving your feedback and for brining to our attention the issues you have experienced during your stay with us.

I am disappointed that we were unable to meet your full expectations due to the cleanliness of the room, a/c temperature, toilet flush, non-smoking room and the breakfast service. Would appreciate if you could inform us the room number you stayed in so that we can rectify the issues mentioned above. With regards to the breakfast service, I have instructed my F&B team to check and if needed to re-conduct service trainings.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused and I do hope you will give us another chance and consider a repeat stay.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Royal Ascot Hotel.

Balanga City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel during our conference in Dubai. The rooms were spacious and clean. Beds were big enough for one person. Being very tired from the long trip, the sound coming from a bar somewhere triggered my migraine headache. Good thing my body was so tired to mind the noise. The breakfast had variety of choices but always the same menu during the entire duration of our stay. The hotel is located near a supermarket were we were able to do our last minute shopping for dates and nuts. Overall experience in this hotel was great!

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Alexander M, General Manager at Royal Ascot Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear dr_pj18,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Royal Ascot for your recent conference in Dubai and for taking time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased to read that your overall experience during your recent stay with us was great. I regret however that the noise from the club caused you some inconvenience though we try our level best to monitor and control the sound level. Also, I truly appreciate your comments in regards to our breakfast selection and have instructed my F&B team to review the breakfast menus.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Ascot Hotel.

Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

During my years of traveling I have used several travel agencies but I had never used Gate1; therefore, before my trip I read in Tripadvisor a review of Gate1/ Dubai. This trip to the Emirates was to a low cost way visit Dubai and see what is all about the place and Country, UAE, United Arab Emirates that is only 40 years old. GAte1 made the arrangemetn with hotel and we were very pleased with the location and service. A 7days trip for two people, for $3800. five breakfasts included, 1 welcome dinner, a dinner/river cruise, Flights, and hotel. This included the optional trips offered by Gate 1 and the airport-hotel-airport transportation. Not too bad at all. The weather was pleasant 70’s, slightly cool at night. Good time to visit. I am not sure I would enjoy it when the weather is over 100 and high humidity.
I was not sure what to expect from Gate 1 Travel. In all we were very pleased and would certainly recommend this trip. All the services were more than I expected. We arrived to the Royal Ascot. From the beginning we felt welcome. We arrived early in the morning, about 10 am, way before the check in time that is about 2pm. A polite person at the desk informed us that it would take about an hour to get us a room ready for us. The Hotel is well located in a working class neighborhood where you can walk and start discovering the place. Although the area is called Bur Dubai, I would call it Little India (as supposed to Little Italy in NY). An hour later we were back; our room was ready. The room was spacious. All the staff in the hotel were nice friendly professional and prompt.
The breakfast at the Royal Ascot was wonderful great selection to choose from. All fresh, appetizing, beautifully laid out. All you can eat. The preasure of the hotwater in the showere could use some improvement.
Some reviews I read about the hotel indicated it was DATED, I belive it has been UPDATED, fresh paint on the walls, new carpet and overall good feeling.
The location is great, In 15 minutes walk you reach the Creek, or the Metro that will connect you to most important sites.

Room Tip: We were on the seventh floor from where at the disstance you could see the cruiseships in the harbor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Alexander M, General Manager at Royal Ascot Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Boston2009_9,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your entire trip to Dubai. Also, I would like to thank you for your positive comments towards our team members, the food we serve, hotel facilities and location. I will definitely share this to the team. With regards to the hot water pressure, please accept my apology for the inconvenience it may have caused you. Remedial measures are being taken to rectify this issue.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Royal Ascot Hotel on your next trip to Dubai.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Its a good hotel , though initially I had few issues related to its Transport desk but it was sorted out later. Ambiance was nice , rooms were comfortable and spacious.its located centrally in dubai, the bur dubai area. overall a good stay n a comfortable hotel. Breakfast was excellent, local and international food and drinks.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are quieter
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexander M, General Manager at Royal Ascot Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Ash29031982,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience during your recent stay with us.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and find our rooms spacious and comfortable and our breakfast excellent. I was disappointed to note that you had some issues with the transport desk though it was immediately sorted out. Please accept my apology.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Ascot Hotel on your next trip to Dubai.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel is well located near the central and business district, service is very good, roomas are large with a living room and small kitchen. I stayed in a back room on the third floor, no noise except of the announcement of prayer early in the morning, but you will notice it in every hotel.
Breakfast was excellent, local and international food and drinks. Cofffe of couse is the best.
Be aware, the WI-FI even though it is offered by a price, does not work but a 3 minute call to USA cost me US$ 6. Also be aware that internet price is from the time you start, meaning that if you buy 60 minutes of internet thinking they will last you a while, careful, once you start using it runs the 60 minutes.
There are restaurants near by and lots of public transportation, taxis with a meter as advised.

Room Tip: Look for high floor rooms and on the back of the street.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Alexander M, General Manager at Royal Ascot Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Santiagozamudio,

Greetings from Royal Ascot Hotel!

Thank you so much for taking time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments on the services, room layout, breakfast selection and our hotel location. However, I regret that you had an issue with the internet service. Rest assured that we will look into the matter.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you will be visiting us again soon.

Lemesos, Limassol, Cyprus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Really very surprised to read the previous reviews , which were describing this Hotel as a very clean and hygienic hotel ! and good location !!! and comfortable! Let me please ask all these peoples , how a hotel can be clean and hygienic when the house keeping are ONLY changing the beds and the bathroom towels ???? without any hoover cleaning or maybe they can understand that they have to clean also the bathroom mirrors ???? and how it can be comfortable , when from midnight till 3.00 oclock morning we were hearing the music of the lebanese nightclub "( or music restaurant ) , shall we have to sleep after 3.00 oclock ???? and how it is surrounded the mall and market shops ?? which mall ??? please explain ?
the stuff were helpful but the reception after getting all these complains for the housekeeping nothing changed , while next day we found the tea cups dirty with sugar and coffee from the previous day !! after all above , the specific hotel can be graduated as 4 stars hotel ??? I do not think so !
the hotel as design and decoration and rooms are very good but what to do with all these when you can not feel comfortable and clean ???????

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Alexander M, General Manager at Royal Ascot Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Maria B,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Royal Ascot Hotel and for sharing your views and experience on Tripadvisor.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you have experienced during your recent stay in regards to the cleanliness of your room. Would appreciate if you can provide us the room number and inclusive dates you have stayed in order for us to conduct a thorough follow-up training for that particular team member. With regards to the music level, remedial measures are being taken to ensure sound level is monitored and controlled to avoid future inconvenience to our in-house guests.

Hope that you will give us another chance and consider a repeat stay with us as we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Royal Ascot Hotel.

Alexander Musch

Been to Royal Ascot Hotel? Share your experiences!