“Pool villa heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #76 of 487 Hotels in Dubai
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Pool villa heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We have just returned from Desert Palm and are already planning our next visit with them. We spent a week in a pool villa for our honeymoon and booked the honeymoon package, all the staff are excellent (Rowel makes the best macchiato at breakfast time), RARE was closed as it was Ramadan; but this didn't stop Ashley organising a RARE meal for us in our room which was excellent and Raj (part of the waiting staff) was superb. The pool villa was fantastic and cleaned every day (whilst we were at breakfast). It was very quiet and very relaxing and we used the Lime spa a few times as well as the gym which were both brilliant. The RED bar was open from 8pm and we would enjoy a cocktail (or two) most evenings. The grounds are maintained beautifully, the outside space we had with the pool villa was very private and the private pool was lovely. We spent a few nights dining in Dubai city (mainly close to the Dubai Mall which cost about £8 in a taxi to get to), the other nights we dined at EPICURE which was always excellent. The 'turn-down' service at night was great, we would come back to the room which had been tidied with plenty of bottles of water and dates at our bed side. We cannot fault any of the staff they all provided perfect service. Really looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Zurich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We love going to Dubai in May because it's already very hot. If you're looking to spend your time at the poolside reading, Desert Palm is the perfect place. You can eat breakfast at the pool and order anything from the menu, usually until 11am. If you stay there into the afternoon, the pool guys will bring you refreshments from time to time (water, fruit juices, sorbet, etc.). Last year, we booked a pool villa. The pool villas are amazing (spacious and private) and have their own small pool. This year we booked a suite. Wow! I didn't miss the private pool so much because their big pool is just great (big, beautiful surroundings, great service and the right temperature). Check out their deals. We have been there twice and will return next May.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is one of the best hotels! Very good located in a silent surrounding. Not for children but perfect for businesspeople. Rooms are very good equipped. Nice amenities from Ren. A lot of special details in the room. Friendly staff. Breakfast is perfect, a lot of choise.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I spent the day with a friend at this fabulous property. It was easy to get to, took about 20 minutes from Dubai, and felt like we were far away from the bustle of the city. We had a discounted voucher for a 1 hour massage and pool access. The Lime Spa staff were very helpful, and we arrive at 1 pm for a 3 pm massage since we wanted to use the pool. The pool was lovely, really LONG, overlooking palm trees and a huge polo field. There were these amazing loungy bean bags in the pool, which you can lie on, or sit in! We ordered drinks from Epicure, the casual restaurant which overlooks the pool, and sipped them whilst sitting in chilled pool! We also ordered lunch by the pool, a good pizza, with great and helpful service. Then we had a one hour balinese relaxaton massage at Lime Spa; it was very good, the treatment rooms are huge, overlooking the polof field, with ensuite showers and bathrooms. The spa has a small jacuzzi, lovely steam and sauna rooms, and heated stone beds(really cosy). We didn't stay overnight, but would definitely do that if the hotel offered a deal. The spa at full price is expensive, typical of Dubai 5 star hotel prices. Overall, a lovely day(even in the July heat, 42 centigrade!) and we would do it again if there is a spa/lunch deal that includs pool access.

Room Tip: There are suites and 1 and 2 bedroom villas. The villas all have private pools. Worth checking out...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

There is no mention of the restaurant on here for reviewing so here is my review - Although expensive 'Rare' is by far the best place I have been for the food, service, and all round experience. This is the second time I have dined here and as its only ten minutes away it ticks all the boxes. I went there on Monday with my wife and son and we all had the steaks which were done to perfection my wife is particularly fussy about meat and was waxing lyrical all night about it. I'm not saying there are not cheaper or better steaks around its just the whole experience.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I was actually working in Dubai Internet City and although the hotel was a 30 to 40 minute drive away, it was really worth it! The hotel itself was clean and the rooms excellent. The staff were all friendly and the service excellent. The food was lovely, but I didn't get time to use any leisure facilities (although the pool looked lovely and the shaded areas around it were inviting) - you could really use this hotel for business or leisure.

The only small negative was the eratic times it took for a taxi to arrive, so if on business, book taxis well in advance! Iread that there is a waste treatment plant close by and that the smell can be bad, but it was fine during my trip, in fact all I could smell was fresh cut grass from the polo pitch.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We had a girls' day in Desert palm during the weekend, afternoon tea, spa treatments, and the works. The afternoon tea at Epicure was good- but not excellent. Lovely fresh fruits, excellent tea, and coffee were overshadowed by bland sandwiches, and burnt scones. The afternoon tea was too much of a hit and miss; I would not want to return.

Now for the good part- Lime Spa! While I was initially disappointed that there were no separate facilities for ladies (plunge pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, etc.)- It was more than made up for by the room. Wow! But more on that later. First I filled out the usual form, but I love that they give you the option of selecting your own music. I prefer nature sounds to loud instruments when I am trying to relax- so this was a definite plus.

I was escorted by a lovely therapist from Bali "Putu", and left to change into my robe. The treatment room had a changing area, shower, toilet, bath, and great view. A rose petal foot bath was a soothing start to my treatment. Then it was off to the treatment table to start my sports (i.e. deep tissue) massage. It was reeeally good. Having some stubborn knots in need of kneading- I had come to the right place. While it was slightly painful at times, it was just what the doctor ordered. I left feeling much lighter, and had a great sleep for the first time in days. I can't wait to go back.

*Using an Entertainer voucher, this 60 minute treatment costs 210 dirhams. Absolutely worth it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Desert Palm, a Per AQUUM Retreat? Share your experiences!