“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Moov Hotel

You added Grand Moov Hotel to your Saves list
Grand Moov Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Riqqa Road | P.O. Box: 14441, Dubai 14441, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #343 of 487 Hotels in Dubai
Midlands
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

We stopped at the Grand Moov for a one night stopover. The free transfers to and from the airport were smooth and very welcome. Check in and out of the hotel was efficient, and the staff friendly and helpful.

We had two rooms on the first floor and I was slightly apprehensive after reading about nightclub noise. I can honestly say we heard no noise whatsoever, however I cannot be sure it was open! Our stay at the hotel was a pleasant surprise, based on my expectations from trip advisor reviews. We paid about 40 pounds per room, and this was great value for what we got. Full size bathrooms, plenty of space and good decor. Communal areas pleasant.

There was a good range of food for breakfast, although supplies were running quite low and we were hanging around for clean cups etc. Having said that there was an surge of guests as we arrived, we did not turn up until 10 and breakfast closed at 10.30, and staff were still bringing food out, so I wouldn't let that put you off.

All in all, a great hotel fit for our purpose.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
brisvegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2008

We checked into the Grand Moov for 1 nite after spending a week in abu dhabi. we were flying back to oz from dubai so needed a cheap hotel for 1 night. Our room cost AU $100 and included breakfast delivered to our room at 5am and free airport transfer at 545am ( we had a 445am wake up call due to early flight). Our room was huge, with a big balcony, aircon and lovely clean bathroom with all little soaps, shampoo , hairdryer etc. Would highly recommend this hotel for 1 or 2 nites stopover, however do try to stay on the upper levels preferable on the right side of the hotel due to the Malaysian nightclub underneath. Hotel close to Marks and Spencer, and a huge shopping mall. would stay again. Onsite Thai restaurant is also good for a meal and alcohol.

• Stayed June 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sydney & Bangkok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

I stayed at the Grand Moov for one night during a 12 hour stopover. All I wanted was an affordable, clean room with a bed, shower, internet and TV, close to the airport, that a cab driver could find with no problem so I felt like this was provided for.

While there was no internet in the room (4th level, away from lifts), I only needed to be online for a short while, so I went down to the lobby. I had to have dinner anyway, so ordered food there and it was OK and inexpensive. There's a Thai restaurant on the ground floor where you can drink alcohol, but since I live in Bangkok, the western menu in the lobby was fine for me.

In regard to the noise, I was so tired I wasn't bothered by the nightclub at all. I heard the base, but it just didn't bother me. I woke up once to someone yelling REALLY loudly in Arabic right outside my door, but that was it. The lifts I couldn't hear, either. I always sleep with an eyeshade on, but I felt the curtains were adequate. The bed was really comfy and the water hot, there was shampoo and moisturiser (handy, since all my stuff was checked in and I didn't bring anything) and my wake-up call came twice, so I really have no complaints. I paid USD96 on ratestogo and felt that I got a good deal.

• Liked — Clean, good bed, TV.
  • Disliked — No internet in room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

Please donot stay in this hotel. Its horrible. They have 3 nightclubs and one cannot sleep in this hotel. I had to be awake till 3 am to go to sleep.

The hotel is shown as a 3 star but trust me its extremely bad.

Inspite of asking for an early checkin we had to wait for 2 hours to get a room.

the rooms were ok but the noise in the night was horrible. The staff at the front desk were not bothered and helpless. They themselves agreed that people were checking out because of the nightclub .

Please dont visit this hotel at any cost

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — You wont be able to sleep
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Naples, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

We spent recently a long business stay at the Grand Moov, booked via its official website which really looks great. Thanks to the Trip Advisors' reviews we had asked per email for rooms far from lifts (due to their never ending "ding" sound), on the upper floors, minimum on the 5th one (due to the disco on the ground floor), which were both confirmed. We had also carefully checked, also on various tourism portals, that there was the internet connection in the rooms, so we were sure to have all we needed to enjoy a profitable and rightfully pleasant business stay.
Upon arrival we got two rooms on the 3rd floor, just opposite to the lifts and with no internet connection available! After complaining at the reception with our printed correspondence they told us we could have changed our rooms the day after thanks to some check-outs. So we spent the first sleepless night, after a whole day journey, in the noisy rooms on the 3rd floor. The day after the receptionists were totally in the dark of our complaint and were unable to offer us any other accommodation. They steadily tried to postpone the problem by saying "Please come back later". So we were in the mid afternoon and after several discussions and after saying that one of us is a hotel manager (which is the truth) we finally got two rooms on the 5th floor far from lifts and enough away over the disco but with no internet connection. When we complained for this severe poor service they answered that the internet connection is available only on the 6th and 7th floor with no extra-charge! Fully disappointing in comparison with the information offered on the internet and also on their official brochure. So, we were forced to move many times a day up and down to the business centre or the noisy lobby where there is the WI-FI connection available with a great impact on our stress.
Some days later we booked the wake-up service which was confirmed but the morning after NOT CARRIED OUT! It was just by chance that one of us was awaked just in time by the sun through the carpets... No results after complaining also in this case. But this last episode was enough to make us send a written complaint per email: the day after we were called by the hotel manager who offered us two rooms on the 6th floor where we could finally enjoy the internet connection during the last week of stay.
As a whole the structure is very new, wide, comfortable and the rooms offer sufficient comfort from some points of view: excellent beds, pillows and bed linen, tea & coffee making facilities free of charge, living corner and spacious bathroom with bath. Courtesy set well-assorted (including tooth brush and paste, shaver etc.) but no make-up mirror nor sufficient light in the bathroom; so you could also go out from the hotel with a clown-like make-up on your face. The minibar just offers one small bottle of water for the arrival day, then it can be filled only by the things you personally buy at the grocer's shop near the hotel. After asking why it is empty they answered that some guests do not want to pay for the drinks they take... All in all this was not a problem because we bought a lot of drinks and yogurts (the latter are totally absent on the breakfast buffet) by paying them one fourth of the average minibar hotel rates. In any case rooms are quite clean and well air conditioned.
Apart from the lack of yogurts, ther breakfast buffet is sufficiently assorted and there is enough staff to clean up tables as well as to prepare crepes and fried eggs. Please do not order breakfast in your room as you will pay it twice (40 AED per person): once in the room rate and then another time by receiving it in your room.
Lunch is AED 45 per person but not so appealing as one could expect.
The business centre on the 1st floor works enough well, though there are a few plug-ins for power supply.
The transfer service from and to the airport is free of charge and carried out by means of air conditioned minibus; so, a good service available also in the night.
The hotel location is in Deira, a residential/commercial district where sometimes, if you are lucky, you can catch a taxi just at the hotel entrance, some other times you have to walk for a while to reach the Mourakkabath Rd and hope to find one for you - in that case you could also be forced to try and try again for half an hour before finding one available.
To summarize: pros and cons in a hotel which has the features to become much more better but not with this management and this lack of coordination among the departments.

• Liked — the rooms (except some details) and the general air conditioning system
  • Disliked — the written confirmation of several services which turned out to be completely untrue
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2008

After reading over a lot of the reviews for this hotel I can honestly say that the people that gave bad reviews were looking for way too much from this hotel... they do not claim to be a 5 star hotel and therefore you will not get the same service as you will in a 5 star hotel. What you will get is an immaculate room, very friendly staff and very reasonable rates all year round.

The guys at reception were very helpful, had excellent english and never without a smile! They were good with giving information on surrounding areas and directions. They ordered taxis whenever we needed one and we never waited more than 5 minutes.

I enjoyed my stay at The Grand Moov and was so impressed that I booked my next stay there before I left. I give them 10/10 and those who gave bad reviews should go spend more money if they want to be treated like royalty just because they are on holidays.

• Liked — Clean rooms, great staff
  • Disliked — Everything was perfect
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mauritius
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

Booked this hotel via Emirates StopOvers programme. Loved previous hotels including Fairmont, Al Bustan Rotana, Deira City Centre and even two star Pearl Residence; But this one is in a very different category. Please stay away from this place unless you really want these guys to spoil your stay.

Pros:
1. Clean room.
2. You are actually provided with a toothbrush and toothpaste

Cons:
1. Very bad location: residential area, you have to walk a bit to get taxis but only the 15th one will stop as you are in no man's land.
2.Not a four star hotel: don't believe all the blurb on the website and yes, the photos in there have been photoshopped!
3. Hard bed and not so comfy pillows
4. Rather thin walls: I did hear the couple next door!
5. Poor TV channels available, no video on demand, and even then some channels do not work.
6. Rude guys at reception: they certainly won't go out of their way to help you.
7. Over-the-top security: it's like an obsession with bouncers everywhere.
8. Very very limited breakfast: same stuffs everyday and you just don't have choice. Oh, and there's no one who will do your omelette, it's all pre-cooked.
9. There's no iron in the room and they won't even give you one, forcing you to pay to have your clothes ironed. And even then, they insist on being told hours in advance.
10. Just 500ml complimentary water for your whole stay.
11. Minibar remains empty. But the fridge works though.
12. No visitor allowed even if you have paid for a double room, no upgrades allowed either.
13. Beware of the location of your room. Mine was about ten metres from lifts and these must be the noisiest I've ever heard. They are new all-right but they just "ting" at each level and you can hear them go up and down all night. Aaaargh!
14. They have a nightclub downstairs (filipino on top of that) but you'll have to pay to get in. And make sure you don't meet anyone there (or anywhere else) because you won't be able to taker her/him to your room.
15. Staff can be unhelpful with wrong directions and no sense of time.
16. No response to written feedback given when I left.
17. No newspapers in the morning.
18. No value for money at all.
19. Restaurant on rooftop but there are no windows to see the city. Probably because it was badly built but also because there is nothing to see in the neighbourhood apart from clothes hanging from windows of nearby flats.
20. Work is not finished: Drill and hammer woke me up at 9 am on a Sunday...

Conclusion: Dubai is full of better hotels.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Evrything
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Grand Moov Hotel? Share your experiences!