“A Good Hotel Near Dubai Mall” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Manzil Downtown Dubai

You added Manzil Downtown Dubai to your Saves list
Manzil Downtown Dubai
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Old Town, Downtown Dubai | Mohamed Bin Rashid Boulevard, Dubai 114822, United Arab Emirates (Formerly Al Manzil Hotel) (Downtown Dubai)   |
Special Price
Save AED 100 per night
Ranked #16 of 509 Hotels in Dubai
Muscat
“A Good Hotel Near Dubai Mall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Al Manzil is almost the best value-for-money hotel in Dubai Downtown area. If you are looking for a residence that is close to Dubai Mall -within walking distance- and that is not as pricey as The Address or The Palace then Al Manzil is the place to go.

My wife and I have stayed here twice, 3 nights each. First time we had an inner view of the hotel pool. The second time we had a better view; Emaar Avenue, The Address and part of Dubai Mall. If you can afford Burj View room I think it would be better not only in terms of view but also in terms of interior (as I can tell from the pictures on their website). The Burj View has also a more private bathroom and bath tub; the open area bathroom which is available in the more basic rooms might be awkward when using toilet (no enough sound insulation).

Walking to Dubai Mall takes less than 10 minutes and is around 1 km; you just have to cross Emaar avenue, walk through The Palace entrance yard, and go through the Souq Al Bahaar.

We did not use most of the hotel facilities, so I cannot give a review on the restaurants or swimming pool. However, room service was good. Parking service is free and very useful if you are coming by road and planning for driving in Dubai (I'd have never made it to/in Dubai without navigator).

Check-in/-out are generally smooth but at times take a bit long; however there are seats where my wife could sit and rest during the process.

Overall, it was a lovely stay, especially being near the Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa and driving our own car in Dubai (came from Oman). Thanks to Al Manzil.

Room Tip: Although I have not tried Burj View Rooms, I do recommend them -if budget is not an issue- for a bet...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stefan V, General Manager at Manzil Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Katsoherakis

Thanks for sending us your feedback on your stay with us.

Value for money is something we pride ourselves on in a city that can be sometimes very lavish in its pricing.
The Burj view rooms are certainly a great recommendation to guests, as the views are wonderful of the city's tallest attraction.
I'm glad that you were able to try the room service menu, and enjoyed the convenient location of the hotel.
Driving around Dubai can be very confusing so it is very wise to have your navigator handy - even people living here often get lost!
While we do our best to make the check-in/out process as smooth as possible, this does sometimes require a little bit of waiting time during very busy periods. I hope your wait was not too long and that the buzz of the lobby kept you occupied.
I appreciate your thanks and I will pass this message of gratitude on to my team.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Stefan Viard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I spent there 5 night in a business visit to Dubai, the hotel located at Mohamed bin Rashed boulevard less than 5 minutes walking to mall of Dubai(Kidzania, waterfall and cinema entrance) and have it's own small mall where there is a supermarket and parking plus souk albahar letterally cross the street, receptionist and bell boy are very friendly, make sure you got your welcome drink and cool towel at the reception while checking-in because in my case i was in hurry while checking in and Andrea the lovely receptionist (hope Andrea is her right name) had to make it up for me while my check out.

The hotel reception decoration are simple with cosy lighting as per the whole theme of the hotel, it contain 3 elevator for guest so you will not wait for elevator, small pool, 2 or 3 restaurant and fitness center contain essential needs for warm-up and stay in shape during your stay, down the corner there is the boulevard cafe witch is part of the hotel where you can get dinner or coffee.

I got the superior room with Burj khalifa view and it is an amazing view of the Burj and high rise towers beside it and i had a very conformable sleep all nights except one night i waked up at 3:00 am because housekeeper where getting their stuff our of their store witch happen to exist in front of my door.

Finally i do recommend this hotel for you if you are coming for business visit or transit.

Room Tip: Burj Khalifa view above the 5th floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear MITawfik

Thanks for writing such a detailed review on your stay. It's always great getting feedback on so many different aspects of the hotel.
I trust that your 5 days of business travel were fruitful and that you achieved all that you were in town to do.
In the Dubai weather, the refresher towel and welcome drink come as welcomed relief from the temperatures outdoors and guests should definitely enjoy that.
The hotel does cater to business guests as well as leisure and we know that in such a busy city there are always lots to do so wasting time in lifts is hardly something anyone enjoys. We considered this when putting in our elevators to ease guest movement in and out of the hotel.
You mentioned many of our great facilities like the fitness centre and eateries and I hope these made your stay that much better.
The Burj view rooms are certainly of the more popular ones and the views are truly spectacular.

I am glad that you will recommend our hotel to others and I do hope to welcome you back soon.

Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

i stay with my wife from 4 to 8 may 2013 it was my first time staying at lovely hotel good location 7 minutes walking to Dubai Mall near by Burl Khalifa friendly staff fantastick breakfast i advice the honymooners and cuples to saty in Al Manzil Hotel you will not be sorry thanks to Mr. Ismail duty manager he was very helpfull we love the Hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Abdul Ghani A

Thanks for staying with us and writing a review. I hope that during your stay you were able to see much of the city and benefit from the location of the hotel.
I tend to agree, the cosy nature of our authentic styled hotel would make a great honeymoon destination.
I will be sure to pass your feedback on to Ismail.

Souht Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed as a twin. The room has an open bath so may be challenging if you are not comfortable with the person you are traveling with. But it is a wonderful hotel with great service. The macaroon at the best!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear TintswaloCEO

Thanks for sending us your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and the macaroons. They are one of my favorites in town too.

I hope to welcome you back at the hotel soon.

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed 8 days at the Al Manzil at Easter needing some guaranteed sun and relaxation and were not disappointed. We have been to Dubai twice before and stayed near the creek ay the Radisson Blu but their pool was being renovated so tried the Al Manzil. We had not explored downtown Dubai before and were very impressed. The hotel is very laid back with excellent service. It is not glitzy and over the top like the beach hotels and teaming with holidaymakers/children. Everything is very classy, in fact great if you don't want children everywhere as the facilities are aimed more at adults. The pool was great, with superb pool bar service, delicious mocktails and luxury beds. Our room was very spacious, top quality bed linen and great view of Burj Khalifa which we visited - fantastic views! We ate in all the hotel restaurants - the pavement café is great for lunch, light meals, the Courtyard is superb for dinner with great atmosphere and food to match, and the grill bar great if you like huge portions. All of the staff were magnificent - we checked in at 8.30am and our room was ready within 45 minutes even though hotel was full and normal check in not till the afternoon. The location is good, only a short pleasant walk to Dubai Mall and loads of restaurants. The fountains are spectacular and free to view! Beaches not far if you want them and taxis very cheap but make sure you get the cream ones with coloured roofs not the private ones or you will get ripped off! We had a bit of noise from the road as we were only on the second floor but it did not affect our sleep as the beds were so comfy.

Room Tip: Ask for one high up or overlooking the courtyard rather than the road
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Adrienne6

Thanks for writing such a detailed review and including good city tips to others visiting Dubai.
It does sound like you enjoyed the best of your stay in the city having visited the beaches, the attractions and hopefully did some shopping too.
Easter is always a great time to be in Dubai, as the weather is probably at its best.
Downtown Dubai has become such a hub of activity, and our guests benefit from it by being right in the middle.
I am glad to hear your experience of our excellent service throughout the hotel and at the pool side.

When our guests do arrive early, we do our best to accommodate them where we can. We understand that freshening up once arriving in a new city can make your day feel so much better.

I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Very well located hotel in the heat of Dubai downtown!!
Very pleasant at night.
Close to Dubai Mall and all its surroundings.
Good view to the Burj Khalifa!!
Decent swimming pool but not that big.
Very nice food!!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear PeggyAdy

Thanks for your feedback and for staying with us at Al Manzil.
I hope that you were able to visit some of the wonderful attractions located around the hotel.

I hope to welcome you back for a stay soon.

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I checked in for two days following our cruise. It's not that far from the cruise port and much closer than the many hotels on the east side of Dubai: e.g. Ritz-Carlton, Sheraton Jumerirah Beach. In fact, you could not ask for a better location. It's across the street and a short walk to The Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, and, most importantly, a Tim Hortons. The staff really makes this hotel special - they are very professional, friendly and helpful (all speak English). We spent a delightful evening outside in The Court Yard smoking shisha, followed by a nice dinner.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Manzil Downtown Dubai? Share your experiences!