“Very nice hotel, helpful staff and a great base to explore Dubai” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vida Downtown Dubai

You added Vida Downtown Dubai to your Saves list
Vida Downtown Dubai
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard, The Old Town | Downtown Dubai, Dubai 114788, United Arab Emirates (Downtown Dubai)   |
Special Price
Save AED 100 per night
Ranked #24 of 502 Hotels in Dubai
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Very nice hotel, helpful staff and a great base to explore Dubai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is a very nice, clean hotel, which proved a great location to explore Dubai.
My husband and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We got a good price due to the time of year we visited, but think it's overpriced in high season.
I followed a couple of days after my husband who flew to Dubai earlier as he was working here. The first room they put him in was not a pool view as he had booked but they were unable to move him the night he checked in. They moved him the the next day.
The second room was much better as the first was also smaller.
The room was spacious open plan, with a writing desk, and glass screened bath in the middle of the room.
We had a balcony overlooking the pool, it was lovely room. It was serviced everyday. Arabian tea and treats greeted us from our day out in the lobby. We ate here for lunch one day and it was nice but expensive.
The pool was lovely with loungers around the edge and towels supplied on arrival at the pool by hotel staff.
A quick walk out of the hotel (on the pool side) and you had a great view of the Burj Khalif and it was only a short walk to the Dubai Malls etc. Staff were very nice and helpful when asked for advice and getting taxis for us. The location was also quiet at night time which we liked and the air con in the room worked and was most welcome.

Room Tip: Overlooking pool best.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at The Qamardeen was not too long & I would have loved to have stayed a little longer.
I actually can't think of any negative to write, over all our room was great, general service was good, the breakfast buffet was great.
It is just a short walk to Dubai Mall & Burj Khalifa where there is lots to do & see. I wouldn't recommend staying during the summer months though, as even though the walk is short, it feels like a lifetime in the scorching Dubai summer heat. Taxi's are never a problem, there were more than enough available at anytime we felt like venturing out anywhere.

I would easily stay here again or recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2012
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Close to the Burj Khalifa and the shopping centre below it, the Qamardeen was a great hotel to break the long Europe-Melbourne flight. Great pool, great breakfasts, comfortable rooms and very helpful staff (even arranged a driver to get us to the cricket in Abu Dhabi!) I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting an oasis in Dubai.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. Nice food, decent atmosphere. Service was definetly good. We loved the swimming pool. There wasnt any children running around screaming which is always good. The hotel was very clean. Only thing i would say is that the room was a bit smaller than i expected but all in all a good stay! And a 10 minute walk away from the malls. Very good value for money

• Stayed August 2012
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We have stayed at the Qamardeen hotel many times over the last two years. This has been our favorite hotel thus far in Dubai. It has a quaint vibe and lovely middle eastern decor. The staff has always been helpful and accommodated our needs with very professional attitudes. We are always welcomed with dates and orange juice. There is always a taxi waiting out front which is very convenient. We have not been disappointed by the food, albeit I would say the menu is on the low end of expensive. There is sheesha and drinks served until midnight by the pool area, and it is a 10 minute walk to the Dubai mall.

Room Tip: For a quiet room ask for a room facing over the gardens and not the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My ( June 2011) 5 night stop in Dubai Qamardeen Hotel was very pleasant.
At first I was offered room which smell of cigarettes.
After short conversation with receptionist I was moved to different room, on ground level just on the right next to the bar.
The view was not impressive, compare to the first and unfortunately bad smell didn't left me to the end of my stay.
This time in my room was horrible smell of the sewer.
I mention that to the receptionist at my checkout and was inform that this was cause by high atmospheric pressure.
Beside that the stay was very, very pleasant.

Room Tip: Check the room before you decide to stay.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Having stayed at Qamardeen Hotel for three nights I found this hotel to be wonderful during my stay in Dubai.

The staff service was sublime, the hotels’ room was beyond reproach in layout and presentation, the bed was extremely comfortable, Wi-Fi was available in the room and the location of the hotel was ‘spot on’; what more could a traveller ask for.

During my stay I didn’t have time to use the pool, even though it looked very inviting. Nor did I have a chance to use the gym; which seemed to have ever conceivable training equipment that a ‘gym junkie’ would desire.

As regards the hotels’ location; on exiting the hotel grounds via the rear gate passing the inviting pool area and crossing Emaar Boulevard you will see Burj Khalifa - the tallest building (when it was built) on the planet – in all its glory. And whilst walking towards this awesome structure you will pass Burj Khalifa Lake with the fabulous Dubai Fountain on your way to The Dubai Mall.

One thing that I noted was all the staff that I had dealings with, during my stay were very proud of their hotel and along with their helpfulness made for a joyful time for me, during my stay at ‘their’ hotel.

So as a recommendation, during my next time in Dubai I will be certainly staying at Qamardeen Hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Vida Downtown Dubai? Share your experiences!