“Culinary experience like no other!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 5,586 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Japanese, Mediterranean, Contemporary, International
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Set within the JW Marriott Marquis, the world's tallest hotel in the heart of Downtown Dubai, GQ BAR is a sophisticated restaurant and lounge that combines stylish interiors, upbeat music and a delectable food menu with an innovative cocktail list.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Culinary experience like no other!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

GQ Bar is centrally located and convenient, to add to that the food is brilliant and the ambience is spot on, great place to meet the cream of the crowd. If you looking for a midweek night cap, this is the place for you.

• Visited May 2014
GQ-BAR-DUBAI, General Manager at GQ Bar, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Tamara,

Thank you very much for taking some time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

The team and I are glad you loved the experience and trust we will see you back very soon.

“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Hi. I would like to share my GQ's dinning experience with you. I went there in a Sushi Sunday and I was surprised with the quality of sushi and sashimi presented. It was a delicious meal! Go to GQ and taste this treat!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
GQ-BAR-DUBAI, General Manager at GQ Bar, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Rita,

Thank you very much for you review following your recent dining experience at the GQ Bar Dubai.

Our Japanese-trained sushi chef prides himself to craft some of the best (if not the best) sushi Dubai has to offer. From the produce selection to the plate presentation, all elements are given such attention that the end result is simply pure culinary pleasure and harmony.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“GQ Bar: where sushi dreams come true!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was surprised to realize what amazing sushi could do to Spirit, and do it better than any other spirit: giving it a big lift without the actual handover effect.

Seriously, where you guys in the kitchen come from I have no clue but where you are heading this I can tell: winning a huge respect from all top quality sushi lovers around, so keep going!

And the good news is that GQ will remain open for business all summer long I heard, so happy days ahead for those like me who have to spend the summer under the heat of Dubai…

Pierrot

• 5 of 5 stars Food
GQ-BAR-DUBAI, General Manager at GQ Bar, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Pierrot,

Thank you very much for your “GQ Bar: where sushi dreams come true!” review following your recent visit.

Our vision at GQ Bar is to offer our guests only the best; knowing that we are also contributing to make dreams come true is a great thing and will ensure the whole team keeps heading into this direction.

During the summer, make GQ Bar Dubai yours as our Sushi Sunday promotion, among others, are on indeed. More details are available on your favorite social media platforms.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
“A great bar with an even greater restaurant!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Yet another visit to Dubai for yet another global sales mission. Well, this time at least (I should say "at last"), the company Partners made a point to take us out of our DIFC “comfort zone”.

Heading from their DIFC office to JW Marriott Marquis (where the GQ Bar is located) was only a 3-minute ride, the tunnel under the Downtown crossing being a big time-saver.

One thing we immediately loved about the venue is that it is a great escape from the football cup so-called “excitement”…not sure this is related or if we were just lucky but the lady/male ratio on that night was perfect!

After few drinks at the bar (Thank you Marcus, you are a genius!), we headed up to the dining room. To be honest at that point I was a bit reluctant as bar food is usually not my thing (even if the food I saw being served in the lounge looked pretty good!). After reading through the restaurant menu, I knew I was going to have a proper meal, which actually turned out to be top notch, the best meal I had for years in Dubai!!! I think calling this place “bar” does not fully reflect what’s in there: a great restaurant! Food for thoughts Mr. GQ!

Another key highlight of the evening was the staff, great bunch of stylish, efficient and friendly people! I think I found my new dining/eating comfort zone in town, will definitely be all back soon!

Dear Hermes,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent dining experience at GQ Bar Dubai.

The team and I were very happy to read you found in GQ Bar your “new dining comfort zone”; offering you the best meal you had in years in Dubai means a lot to us too as the restaurant component of the venue has been since day one of our main focus.

We hope your global sales mission was fruitful and are looking forward to have you and your colleagues back very soon.

In the meantime, in case I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Thomas@GQDubai.com
“Astonishing place to go!! Don't miss it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was just passing by Dubai on my way to India and a friend told me to go to this new restaurant. During my two days there I can say that it was my best experience eating out (in fact the best experience during the whole vacation!).
The restaurant is beautiful. The staff are very professional and friendly. The food was amazing. And after dinner the bar upstairs with a lovely terrace will assure you for a great continuation of your evening.
One of a kind experience.
Go there and you won't regret.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
GQ-BAR-DUBAI, General Manager at GQ Bar, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Joao,

Thank you for your “Astonishing place to go!! Don't miss it” review following your recent visit at GQ Bar.

Our culinary, mixologist and service teams are working hand in hand to deliver the best possible experience to our guests, are glad you loved yours. Great design, hand-picked products, vibrant music and quality team work are certainly some of the major elements that set GQ Bar on the top of Dubai’s dining and bar scene.

We truly hope to see you soon on your next trip to Dubai. Until then, the team & I wish you the best.

Warm regards,