“Old, cheaply furnitured. I regret my choice.” 2 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mankhool Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #138 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Old, cheaply furnitured. I regret my choice.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I can not understand how it received so many positive reviews. I am here first and last time. Rooms are terrible, cheaply furnished and low quality laminate floors. Air conditioning was rattling and had to argue 10min with front desk to be moved. Cold feeling. This hotel is terribly designed. I would rate it max 2-3 stars.
Hooker attacked me on my 2nd ride inside the elevator.
I personally regret for not staying at Ramada, for the same price it's just miles ahead.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Gosport, Hants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

A very pleasant place to stay. Excellent , friendly staff. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are quiet.
We weren't lucky enough to get a high floor , they did say that they would try to move us ,but to be honest we weren't in the room long enough for it to worry us.

I would highly recommend this hotel, it's close to transport. The metro is very easy, I would recommend that an all day ticket is bought its only 16 dirhams and it can also be used on the bus.

Would have no hesitation recommending Dubai for a break or this hotel to stay in

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

A nice place to stay. Welcoming staff, small but clear and silent rooms, many facilities / pool, bar, gym and a good restaurant. It is accessible both by taxi or Metro, the station is 5 min walk away.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Torun, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Located in Bur Dubai with its bustling Indian shops, Majestic Hotel is the original and best part of the city...and also very close to the airport. The staff were all very friendly and you could tell that they really love their job. Had a problem when I checked in as the receptionist originally gave me the keys for the wrong room, which was already pre-occupied. But this was quickly rectified and the receptionist called me about 5 mins later to apologise profusely. The restaurants are excellent, notably the Greek restaurant. Yes the lack of lifts is a problem but not the end of the world. All in all a great hotel! Would come again for sure!

Room Tip: Make sure you have a credit card for the required room guarantee as the hotel does not accept debit...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Salvador, BA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Hotel close to metro and fast food restaurants. Not too far from the airport and to the Dubai Mall - one advantage is the taxi is cheap in Dubai. Very good breakfast and the rooms are very quiet - no external noise.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I booked through booking .com and when I reach they update my reservation to bedroom suite instead of suite with very clean hotel and we'll position and friendly staff and nice breakfast especially om let the only negative in this hotel is the lefts r only two?! Which may lead to some delay!

• Stayed January 2014
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many many times in fact about 5 years or more , and still appreciate the welcome and warmth I receive from the staff and management. I also really like the fact that even although the weather on this occasion was not warm and as sunny as usual the water in the swimming pool which I use almost every day has been heated. Suddenly the heater has been switched on Yeaeah. I frequent all the bars, restaurants, the coffee shop which has been refurbished.with excellent taste. If there are a few personal complains they are not new I have to say. My main complaint is the air conditioning in the Kanto night club. It is constantly set very low and as I have said before the atmosphere in a room like that should be warm and inviting. Last Friday I went in to listen and watch the cabaret with a friend and it was so cold I wanted to leave immediately as I have done in the past. I have frequently asked the manager to turn the A/C down or up (depending on which way you look at it) After suffering the cold air blowing down our necks for 50 minutes we had to put our jackets on, at which point the A/C was turned off. Unbelievable I would point out that the room seats about 100 and on Friday there were 16 people in the room, SO WHY HAVE IT FREEZING COLD ? We found the main Dining room the same on the 3 occasions we ate there. 8 people in the room and the A/C at a very low temperature. The management should be able to realise the the weather outside is cold enough so why not adjust the inside temperature accordingly. I appreciate that the outside temperature in Dubai is normally warmer but NOT always. My other complaint is there is no outside shower by the swimming pool, resulting in guests not showering before entering the poll. Some of the locals are in the habit of entering the pool with what I would describe as non swimwear. There is water and drainage available close to the swimming pool so a shower would not be a difficult task. Having said that I will continue to stay at the Majestic Hotel when I visit Dubai.

Room Tip: I prefer a room over the Swimming pool because the view is open.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Majestic Hotel Tower? Share your experiences!