“Judma truly understood the meaning of customer service.” 4 of 5 stars

Dubai International Hotel
Dubai Airport, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #121 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Sydney, Australia
“Judma truly understood the meaning of customer service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We booked two rooms for a short stay between our flights from Dublin to Dubai and Dubai to Sydney. We were met by Judma as we came off the shuttle bus. I think it is essential that the hotel provide this service as like other passenger comments, I think we would have had a lot of trouble finding the hotel on our own. I told Judma that I had accidentally left a suit bag on the plane. From that point on Judma went out of his way to find my bag for me before I left Dubai. He also noticed that our room and the room we had booked for our two children were nowhere near each other. While he was escorting us to the hotel he called reception and arranged for our children to be moved to a room close to us. He also managed to track down my bag for me and arrange for me to pick it up before I boarded my flight for Sydney. He was amazing!

Although we only spent a short time in our room (6 hours) it was very comfortable, the bed was huge and comfortable to sleep in. The shower and bathroom were also a good size. There was fresh fruit complimentary in the room which was a nice touch. Our room was very quiet however, our daughter who was a couple of rooms away from us could hear the airport announcements until they stopped about 3 am and started again about 7am and this disturbed her sleep. We couldn't hear it so maybe there was a speaker very close to where her room was. I must say it did feel quite expensive at $250.00 AUD per room I think because we were only in them for six hours. However, in fairness to the hotel we could have stayed in the room for up to 24 hours for that price if we had the time and used all the facilities and then it would have felt like better value to us.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not close to the speakers for the airport pa system.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Karachi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

selected this hotel for a brief hotel stay and had no issues. the staff was kind and always available. good place to stay for a short visit. rooms were equipped with all the basics. would definitely recommend to frequent travellers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Amanzimtoti, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

On a recent flight back from Turkey, we had an 8 hour overlay for our connecting flight to Durban, South Africa. The flight from Istanbul gets in at 00:45, in the wee hours of the morning and what better way to spend those long waiting hours in a comfortable hotel room within the terminal building with all the luxuries at hand. Nothing like a hot shower after a 5 hour flight and then hitting the sack for a couple of hours sleep!

Our flight from Istanbul was delayed by 2 hours so we arrived in Dubai closer to 03:00. As tehre were no deluxwe, non-smoking rooms available, the very efficient reception staff made a phonecall and upgraded us to the Executive Suite. And how 'suite' was that! "The biggest room in the hotel", the very efficient bell boy said, who had also met us at our gate and swiftly got us through security and into our room.

The Executive Suite is equipped with all the luxuries that one can dream of: Flat screen television with multiple channels, mini bar, massage chair, hair dryer, electronic safe, high speed internet access, complimentary toiletries and tea/coffee sstation and a wake up call so that one get ready for the connecting flight. If one checks into the exceutive suite, one can also enjoy a complimentary breakfast.

This hotel is quite unique as it is situated within the termninal building (terminals 1 and 3) with great views on the other other lounges and planes in their parking bays waiting to take on passengers.

The hotel staff are extremely professional, friendly and efficient, exactly what one would expect of a five star hotel.

The rates are high but it surely makes a difference to one's physical and mental state, especially on the home route, after an arduous road trip vacation through Turkey! Unfortunately, we did not have the opportunity to experience any of the hotel's other facilities, which includes a pool, gymnasium, jacuzzi and sauna. Next time round!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had a 10 hour overnight break between flights. Appreciated comfortable, clean, well-equipped bedroom and bathroom. Only problem (agreeing entirely with Tripper 16) was finding the hotel in the first place, having landed at concourse C. Very badly signposted and puzzling route.

N&V

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

On a 10 hour stopover in Dubai we booked a room at the Dubai International in Concourse A. Unfortunately our flight came into Concourse C, which as it turned out was a very long way from A, about 40 minutes through a maze of corridors, terminals, lifts and travellators. Fortunately we were met by a porter at our gate, as there was no way we could have got there on our own. He explained to us that you can't predict which gate your plane will use, and if you are out of luck it will be in the far terminal. Get advice from the hotel when you book, but it seems that you should book in the Concourse where your ongoing flight leaves from, which is what we did. It was certainly an easy way to get the flight in the morning, as the gate lounge was just outside the hotel.

Apart from the very long hike to get to our room after our flight to Dubai, it was well worthwhile getting the hotel room for the night. You don't go through immigration and don't collect your bags, but the hotel has everything you need in the way of shaving kits, toothbrushes etc. The rooms are basic (and don't really live up to expectations), but were all that we needed. Strange set up with the handheld shower over the bath, and no fixture on the wall, as others have said. And yes, you can hear the airport sounds faintly in the background, but it certainly didn't prevent a good night's sleep.

Definitely worth it if you have a short break between flights and need a good sleep.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Beautiful hotel sweet lobby, slience, and comfortable. Hotel near to gate b16 and a very good five star property inside airport. Before going to this airport, I havent seen hotel inside airport. Good going emirates.

Room Tip: The location is awesome, all rooms are good and silent.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

i stayed in the dubai international hotel during a layover. I actually stayed two nights. once on the way to my destination and once on the way back. during my first stay I was I a junior suite in terminal 3. I felt that these rooms we comfortable yet the bathroom had only a tub and a hand held shower which was very difficult to turn on. breakfast was included in the room rate which was expensive. on they way back I was in a room in terminal 1. this room was updated clean and modern. it had an excellent shower. if I were to give any advice on this hotel. stay in the rooms in terminal 1. also make sure your bags are transferred to your final destination. I had to pay 87 dollars to have my bags transferred to my final destination and guess my luggage never arrived. I would highly recommend the rooms in terminal 1. but for the price you are better off staying on a offsite hotel like the holiday inn express.

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Dubai International Hotel? Share your experiences!