“Comfy & relaxing place - good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hotel Apartments

Save Saved
You added Park Hotel Apartments to your Saves list
Park Hotel Apartments
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oud Metha Road, Adaf Area, Dubai 122161, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #136 of 481 Hotels in Dubai
Manama, Bahrain
“Comfy & relaxing place - good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I loved this place. Stayed in the 1-bed apartment with my boyfriend for New Year's weekend (3 nights) and it was a very comfortable and relaxing stay.

Check in was easy, and the staff friendly. The apartment was spacious, kitchen fully equipped and the entertainment system working well. Bathroom & toilet were clean and had good a "warm" feeling about them. I loved taking my hot showers and baths in there.

We even had a balcony overlooking the small garden downstairs and the city skyline. It was lovely just sitting in there looking at the sky and stars at night.

What I like a lot about this hotel is its location. It is only 10-15 minutes away from Sh. Zayed road, Festival City, Wafi and the airport

Also, we were given 30% coupons for Wafi restaurants, which saved us a good chunk of money when paying our dinner bill. Hotel food is OK, but don't expect much.

It was a quiet stay - although we were on the second floor there was no noise whatsoever.

Simply loved it - will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Marlborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

A big room with all facilities made for a comfortable stay during a working trip.

The Park is in the middle of an undeveloped parcel of land between two freeways, you can't walk to anywhere so a taxi or the hotel bus is the only way out.

The food is average and expensive, a £3 taxi ride gets you to Festival City where there are many shops and restaurants offering better value and choice. The Park hotel is unlicensed; however the adjacent Arabian Park hotel has a bar which was smoky and full of expat divorcees drowning their sorrows.

Wifi is only availabel in the lobby - in the room the chargeable internet is accessed via a short LAN cable in the bedroom rather than the living room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
UAE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Our stay at Park Hotel Apartments was absolutely marvelous with great value for money. The 1 bedroom suite was spotless, extremely well equipped with high-end furniture, fittings and guests amenities. Great outdoor pool, gym and fast internet connectivity! Employees very helpful, delivering a personalized service with attention to detail. I will certainly return soon and may highly recommend this property.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I stayed at Park Hotel Apartments for whole 2 months on a long term rental and was very satisfied. Staff were professional and friendly, genuinely interested in a small chat when welcoming me back after a weekend out of country.

The apartment was kept very clean at all times, and service was not pushy at all, sometimes doing the cleaning after 5pm when I left the apartment on a weekend. The kitchen is very well equipped and even has a great coffee machine, freezer, oven and all kinds of equipment you will need to prepare your own food. My apartment was located on the corner of the hotel, and very spacious with 2 deck chairs. Underground car park was always available and is free of charge. Very convenient during the summer months. The pool is nice yet not very deep. A life guard is always available when people are in the pool. Noise insulation of the rooms is good, the nearby motorway to Business Bay bridge is busy.

On the downside, there is only a small number of TV channels to select from and one of the mattresses was not comfy. Living there single I couldn't be bothered, though and did not complain. Lighting in the bathroom could be better, it is a bit weak and does not make shaving easy.

I did not check the breakfast and meal service and therefore cannot comment on it.

After two full months there I can absolutely recommend this place. Even more, I was sad to leave.

Room Tip: Rooms at the corner of the hotel have a larger balcony (1BR apartments).
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
lahore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed at the Park Hotel and had an excellent stay in every way. There were five of us and we rented a one bedroom and a studio apartment...the rooms were spacious, clean and fully equipped with all the basic necessities, even the liqiud soap for washing the dishes was provided. The cleaning was done promptly and regularly, the 'ENTIRE' staff was extremely friendly and helpful at all times. Although the hotel was fully booked..it was very peaceful. On various occasions when my kids would go to the pool which they loved as it was very esthetically designed, they had the entire pool to themselves. The location was quite central. as it was close to all the major shopping malls, thus the taxi fares were not so much. The only thing was that at times you had to wait for a taxi for more than five minutes......but we took care of that, for when we were about to step out we would have the reception call us a taxi, so by the time we stepped down our taxi would be waiting for us. The hotel had a good shuttle service aswell and provided a discount a various award winning restaurants. I searched high and low for two months for a good hotel, price and location wise and I think choosing this hotel was an excellent choice. We made our reservations through booking.com for the first time and were extremely pleased as everything worked out better than planned and the rates offered through booking.com are definately cheaper and better than the actual hotel rates. Bottom line is that I would recommend this place to anyone and I for one would definately stay here again.
Omar Choudhry

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Hotel was very smart and clean, and the room was modern and very well presented. All the corridors were clean and the ambiance was quiet and relaxing. The staff on check-in were friendly and nice. Sadly it stops there.

Breakfast was quoted to me as being 35 AED a day, but no mention was made that I would have to pay extra for sausages and other such items. The buffet was quite small on its own. I asked for 3 breakfasts, but upon checking out they tried to charge me for 4 breakfasts as it was part of a package I had no idea I had bought. I demanded to pay the 3 I had requested and so the Duty officer said he would charge the poor check in girl for this error. After I offered to pay for her, he refused claiming this would be her punishment. Any normal hotel would apologise and just scrap the 35 AED, then inform the girl better. I felt bad for this and I think this was his way of getting back at me.

I tried to bring a nice professional Indian girlfriend I had met in Dubai some months earlier to see my room as I told her it was nice. She came all the way over only to have an over-zealous security guard run up to her demanding ID. It was very rude, and she ended up wanting to leave very shortly after coming as she felt unwelcome. This upset me also. I was told it was hotel policy, but I think it is ignored with certain nationalities. Upon checking out I told the Duty officer my complaint and he was initially concerned but then asked what nationality was she? When I said a local Indian girl he completely changed his attitude and seemed quite indifferent saying it was hotel policy. Since when did race or nationality enter the hotels policy on outside visitors??? I was even more shocked when considering he was of Asian background himself. Really he should never have asked her racial background when considering the hotels policy. This was the same guy who charged the check-in girl for my breakfast!

I noticed the maintenance team were quick to respond when the Air conditioning controller display in my room stopped working. The air-conditioning still worked okay, it was just the controller screen that broke. He came with a ladder 5 minutes after the call and told me they would replace the faulty controller the next day. I never saw anyone after that and it was not fixed.

I requested an ice-cream desert by room phone at around 10pm one evening. The person sounded reluctant and bored, then I was called back 10 minutes later to be told they didn't have that flavour ice-cream anymore.

The gym and pool photos were deceiving. The pool is very pleasant and the staff were nice, but it is far more shallow and short than the photo indicates. I tried a late night swim before 10pm on the first night, but I had to get out quickly as 3 young men were screaming and shouting very loudly like idiots. It was not very relaxing at all and someone should have stopped them. The gym is far less modern than the photos try to present and I didn't bother using it.

Fianlly the TV in the room is great except that when you turn it around to face the bed the channel changer doesn't work due to no line of sight. And no return answer to my email on all these problems.

Could have been better.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
abu dhabi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

A must try apartment in a quiet location in dubai.

Satisfaction guaranteed!

Friendly staff and very helpful

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Park Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!