“A real club atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #140 of 452 Activities in Dubai
Type: Golf Courses, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Built as a true 18 hole, par 72, desert style grass course, a signature course designed by Ian Baker-Finch in association with Nicklaus Design. Miss the immaculate grass of the fairways and greens and you enter the sandy waste, with its indigenous shrubs and bushes. Within the Clubhouse are 11 luxurious Guest Rooms with spectacular views overlooking either the Golf Course or the Lake.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“A real club atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Now here is a real club in Dubai frequented by loads of Brits and Scots in particular. Lovely surroundings in a fabulous climate--- in the evenings !! Equally as good for couples or families. Large European menu with the food well presented and cooked . Great atmosphere outside and in with a lovely bar seating area to watch the satellite sport if you are so minded. None to watch outside. Complete choice !! Decent wine menu as well considering the taxes imposed. If I lived in Dubai with family this would be where I would chose to stay and join. Open to non members too .

Visited November 2013
Elliott G, General Manager at Arabian Ranches Golf Club, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and for the feedback regarding your experience at Arabian Ranches Golf Club. I am sorry for taking so long to respond to you. Thank you for your positive feedback about our facilities and menu at Arabian Ranches Golf Club and great recommendation.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Arabian Ranches Golf Club.

Kind Regards
Elliott Gray

Taunton, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“course of two 9's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I decided to play this course as a late booking as other courses were unavailable. Looked it up and thought it would be a good test as its designed by Ian Baker Finch. Pitched up on the range and everything was going swimmingly until pegging it up on the 1st Tee, both sides were heavy construction equipment and workers making a right racket..
I was in a four ball with some friends and after 3 holes thought to myself what had i done!!! We decided to continue and just forget about the construction work what seemed like every hole. on the 5th and 6th there is a nice touch of a water feature ie a burst pipe with ponds in the desert areas.. we managed to get through the front 9 and honestly thought about just turning right and putting the clubs in the car..
As we approached the 10th tee, another player who was practising obviously heard what we were saying and shouted over that it gets better... We got going and it didn't disappoint, the course went in between some impressive houses and opened up to encourage more aggressive play with more importantly no construction work.. After the game we agreed and glad that we carried on playing.
The greens were in great condition and probably the easiest to put on, but overall disappointed that we were still charged full price considering all the disruption with building work going on. .

Visited October 2013
Thank you for your review and for the feedback regarding your experience at Arabian Ranches Golf Club. I am sorry that this response has taken a bit of time to reach you due to some internal technical issues, please find here with a response, regarding your feedback on Trip Advisor.
Thank you for your positive remark about the condition of the greens which our Agronomy team puts a lot of attention on to ensure consistency.
In regards to the construction around the golf course, please note that the course is being enhanced to improve the drainage system and I am pleased to let you know that the project is nearing completion. I hope you will see a huge improvement on your next visit.

Elliott Gray
71 attraction reviews
“Tuesday Quiz Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We went to Quiz Night on Tuesday in the Spike Bar at the Arabian Ranches Golf Club. There were lots of tables of teams playing and a super atmosphere. Although we did not eat there was a comprehensive buffet available for those that wanted to eat. Parking was easy. There was no charge for entering the quiz.

Visited October 2013
Elliott G, General Manager at Arabian Ranches Golf Club, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for the positive comment on our Tuesday Quiz Night. The overall experience of our Guests is extremely important, and we hope you choose to visit us at The Arabian Ranches Golf Club often and enjoy the facilities on offer.

We look forward to exceeding expectations in every respect during your next visit for the Quiz Night.

Elliott Gray.
3 attraction reviews
“The mad hatters tea party!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

When our waiter skidded across the floor throwing my main course in the air, my friends and i realised that we were indeed in the land of utter chaos. The setting is nice, the back drop of the golf course typical of Dubai, however when it comes to serving food I suggest the club focuses on putting and driving. Over cooked steak that bounced around the plate, chips that were missing for the entire meal, the duck was tough as old boots and the drinks are rare as a hole in one. All in all one to be avoided! Tea off, don't go for tea!

Visited April 2013
Elliott G, General Manager at Arabian Ranches Golf Club, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Mr. Winstone7,

Thank you for your review and for the feedback regarding your experience at Arabian Ranches Golf Club. I am sorry for taking so long to respond to you. Please accept our sincerest apology for any inconveniences caused during your visit.
I would like to let you know that we value your comments and deliberate measures have been taken to ensure that quality meals are served to our Guests.
I know that you have many dining choices and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Elliott Gray,
General Manager.
“Restaurant review”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

It's so bad don't bother going, poor service, poor quality food. Place is like a playground at the weekends full of small children running around. This review is for the restaurant only, such a shame because it has the potential to be very good.

Visited April 2013
Elliott G, General Manager at Arabian Ranches Golf Club, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and review on our Restaurant.

I am sorry for taking so much time to respond.

I have noted your comment on the quality of food and the service as well. Please be assured that your comments have been discussed with the team for further improvement. Training sessions have been put into place to ensure that the standards are maintained always.I am pleased to inform you that on Fridays we have the late breakfast starting at 10.00am to 2.00pm and we always set up the Restaurant terrace with kids play area where they can play and hang around instead of playing inside and in the lobby area.

I look forward to your next visit, and to exceeding your expectations.

Elliott Gray,