“Excellent Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #179 of 471 hotels in Dubai
Salalah, Oman
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I book the room and went to check in upon c/i the gentle man handle us very nicely and asked for our choice i took the key and went to room but one think disappoint me even though they said the room which was given to me it was king size bed but i got wounder when after all day from driving i went back to room for sleep it wasn't King size bed it was two mattresses which has been brought together and i was not able to sleep well the second thing the drinking was finished and i asked housekeeping for more water they told me that for more water i need to call room service i called room service and asked them to bring them big bottle of water they brought it and when i saw bill i got surprise because its was for around 6$ and its not Evian or something like that it was just Aquafina not any Branded water as i said and the price of that bottle of water is only less then 1$ but they charge me for 6$ which is i think totally unfair because i am also working for Hospitality industry and we are charging Evian 1.5 litter water only 22 Dhm which is around 7$ but its also Branded and also the Hotel is 5*.then the king size bed is one bed not two Pisces.rest the staff is very nice location is excellent and for the price of the room is also not bad.

Room Tip: First ask them that king size bed should has to be king size.rest every thing is prefect
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

550 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Turkish first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I initially had my doubts about this hotel, as it wasn't in the city centre and I was travelling alone and a bit nervous about it, but had booked it through a travel agent so thought it should be okay. Luckily I found I out I had absolutely nothing to worry about!

I had been told that taxis were cheap in Dubai so got a taxi from the airport to the hotel, I think it cost me about 50AED, but was actually slightly less but I rounded it up. I arrived at 8am and was told I was on a waiting list for a room to be available and that I could wait in the lounge and use the WiFi until then. At 10am I went back to ask about the room as I was going to go exploring the city if the room was going to take much longer, but they had one available which was great. Room itself was good, nice, clean and had everything I needed. Only issue I had was the shower, it seemed to change from hot to cold and back again - I meant to mention this on check out but forgot.

I was expecting to taxi somewhere in the morning, explore the area and then taxi back to the hotel in the evening however the only taxi I ended up using was the one from the airport. As long as you plan where you will be the hotels shuttle service is excellent! On my first day I got the shuttle to Dubai Mall and had a look there, went up the Burj Khalifa and did a night bus tour, which dropped me back to the Wafi Mall where I got the shuttle back to the hotel. The second day I got the shuttle to Wafi again, bought a ticket for the Sightseeing bus (hop on/off) and then finished back at Wafi in the evening and got the shuttle to the hotel. The shuttle also does airport drop offs.

I had breakfast included and it was quite good, though very busy! I found the cafe good for something in the evening if I hadn't managed to eat much during the day (there is a lot to see!).

Overall I thought it was a great hotel and I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The staff of this hotel are exceptionally helpful and friendly and that's what impresses me the most. Modern hotel with very nice facilities. I stay here 2 or 3 times a year and have never been disappointed. Very reasonably priced compared to other hotels of same quality in Dubai. One disadvantage: not in walking distance to anywhere, but local taxis are cheap and most always ready to take you anywhere. The hotel is related to WAFI center which is a ten minute ride and has about 8 high end restaurants where a 30% discount can be had by showing your room key. I ate there often. I recommend this hotel.

Caneva, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

since 7 years i travel to Dubai for business and Arabian Park is my favourite hotel. good location. good facilities against a reasonable price. staff always nice and helpful. complementary buses to Wafi and Dubai Malls are very helpful. if possible catch ordinary Taxis (hotel taxis are overcharging).

Room Tip: better select balcony rooms: larger and more quiet.
Kathmandu, Nepal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I went at the peak of summer with my parents and brother . We stayed for three nights and slept really well. I really liked that each person got a personal card so that they could enter the room at any time without having to wait for anybody else. The rooms were not big but the beds were really soft. There was a nice view and a TV. I really enjoyed the buffet because they had a great variety of food. We went by taxi to the mall which I enjoyed because it gave us the chance to see the city. When it was dark, we would go swimming in the swimming pool which was very nice because it was still warm. Outside of the rooms, they also have a little library with books and armchairs. And most importantly, there was AC.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

the hotel was very clean, good view, near to Wafi, but far from City Center, it doesnot have a cafe , it have a free internet in a specific floor , it was very nice hotel,
it will be a better hotel when the new metro station starts there.

Have Fun & Enjoy Dubai

vasad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

i stayed here for 4 days. rooms are though small, but always clean and tidy. no problem with services at all. staff is very helpful. food too was good. being a vegetarian, the chef served us delecious indian veg food. though you are a little away from the main markets, but the view from my 7th floor window room was amazing. i could see burj khalifa from my room. the view from my room window was like watching a mini manhattan. it was so beautiful. overall a good choice to stay here.

Room Tip: choose 7th floor rooms from 701
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Arabian Park Hotel? Share your experiences!