“Clean and pleasant hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Arabian Park Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oud Metha | Bur Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #199 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Clean and pleasant hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Arrived at 9pm in the evening, quickly and efficiently checked in and shown to our room. We were staying on a half board basis and there was still time for dinner as the brasserie was open until 11pm which was great.
The pool although not the largest is pleasant and quiet. The lifeguard hands out out towels for the pool area and ensures everything runs smoothly including having to keep a family with their rowdy children at bay on one occasion in the week. The parents didn't seem to be bothered about them munching crisps in the pool (The lifeguard had other ideas thank goodness!)
The rooms were clean, modern and adequate. The beds were super comfy although only one pillow each !
Both breakfast and dinner were buffet style although I think you could order alternatives if required. The brasserie evening buffet cost AED 99 if not on half board. All residents get 30% discount at restaurants in the Wafi shooping centre by showing your hotel room card and with the free shuttle bus many people used this option if not staying on a half board basis drinks with the discount were cheaper at the Wafi restaurants than in the hotel apparently.
I didn't really use the bar for any alcohol purchases - but was told it was expensive. We only bought a lemonade and a coke from the bar which cost AED 37.20.
The hotel run a courtesy bus which does a run to the airport every 2 hours - 24 hours a day as well as regular runs to the local shopping mall (wafi - rather small on Dubai scale and mainly designer type shops) which has a metro station nearby allowing you access to the excellent metro system. They also did courtesy bus runs to the Dubai museum once a day (taking you to the right side of the city to access the gold, textile and spice souks) as well as Jurmeirah Beach and the city centre - all in all an excellent courtesy bus service which was well used by residents.
The hotel is a bit away from the city but with the courtesy bus and cheap taxis this never casued a problem. - taxi to Jurmeirah Beach would cost about AED30. At some point the nearby metro station which already has been built but is not yet open will make the hotel location even less of an issue. Unlimited use metro tickets cost AED16 per day - less than £3
We booked to go to the Burj Khalifa through the hotel (desk at the back of reception) which cost AED 200 each. If we had booked this before we left home it would have cost half of this. We also booked the sundowner desert tour with Arabian Adventures who have an agent who calls around breakfast time and sits in reception to take bookings -also highly recommended.
We left the hotel for an early flight catching the 5am courtesy bus before breakfast service started in the brasserie and the hotel provided a take away breakfast which the lady on reception offered which was supplied from the deli which was a nice touch - 3 pieces of fruit a ham and tomato sandwich and a cup of tea or coffee -simple but adequate greeted us when we arrived to await the arrival of the courtesy bus.
All in all an excellent 3 star hotel -and would definitely use again if returning to Dubai

Room Tip: ask for room overlooking pool. Some rooms overlook a cemetary apparently !
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Was placed here by my company when I'd gotten off my ship. Was provided lobby service along with dinner and they were very courteous and helpful in providing space to store my luggage so I could relax in the attached bar and have a buffet dinner in the restaurant without having to worry about my luggage safety.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

As frequent travel I have a lot of experiences with 3 star business hotels and not all of them are god. This hotel was a pleasant surprise – clean, well maintained, all business and holiday travelers needs were fulfilled – swimming pool, small deli shop, good restaurant, free wi-fi in business lounge. My biggest appreciation goes to reception staff – as I has leaving the hotel in afternoon they prolonged my stay till late afternoon for free. I could use the room and keep my luggage there during my city visit. Great experience. I will definitely come back 

Room Tip: Small but well equiped, with swimming pool view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have never seen an internet connectivity services in all of Dubai worst than the one this hotel provides, before a while the speed was killer slow, they made an upgrade, so it is now maintained and configured properly and perfectly to disconnect each 20-30 minutes. It is mad and no matter how much you complain they reply we will send someone for your room to fix it, but the problem is that the wireless adapter is not in my room so why you need some one to fix it.

And yeah one last thing, if you put a DND sign on from of you room's door, they call you in the after noon to tell you that they noticed a DND sign and they want to check hwether you want to clean your room.

Room Tip: Try to choose a different hotel, it was the company who arranged for my stay in this hotel, don'...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
HamiltonNZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I choose this Hotel based on previous reviews and I was not disappointed.
My flight arrived at 1am and it took 2 hours to get through customs. I arrived at the Hotel at 3.30am very tired as I had been travelling for over 24hrs. Check in was quick and a lovely man help me take my bags up to my room.
I had a balcony room on the sixth floor. The room was stunning. I had a large king bed with a huge area behind the bed for my clothes.
The bathroom was clean and tidy. The shower had good pressure and great hot water.

The A/C was great. I would set it to 15 degrees and let it go for a while and then turn it off when I went to sleep.
The staff were moslty lovely and very attentive.
I did find the guy that runs the duty free shop a bit 'in my face".

Deli: I really liked the deli and found the prices OK. I would get my water and some sandwiches there.

Water: There was complimentary water in the room and having the mini fridge to chill it was so great.

The only thing I didnt like was the mattress. It was a silent night mattress and I was expecting it to be comfortable...but it was like a brick. Extremely hard. I actually flipped it over in the middle of the night to see if the other side was softer. (it was a little bit softer) But I would suggest a "topper" be supplied to help provide some more comfort.

Schuttle: I use the free schuttle to go to Wafi and Airport. The drivers were very professional and always ontime. A great service.

Despite the hard mattress...I will be using the Arabian Park Hotel as my stopover Hotel from now on.

Room Tip: A room on the pool side has a great view and it doesnt get the direct sun, so you can keep the curta...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Arabian park hotel was a great Hotel. Nice and clean. Friendly staff. The on-site shop was rather expensive so I would recommend visiting carrefour (situated near the wafi) for any drinks and snacks and store them in the fridge in your room. The shuttle bus was great just remember to keep a leaflet with you about the pick up times. There is also a very good metro system that is available, so catch the shuttle bus to the WAFI and then get the metro (tell the driver you want to get off at the metro)

Although the pool was small, it was alwayy quiet and you could always get a sun lounger. I only had breakfast at the hotel as we opted for the B&B option. There was a lot of choice. If you would prefer an omlette ask the waiting staff and they will get the kitchen to prepare one for you.

If you want to do the safari desert buggy adventure book directly with the BIG BUS tour operator also situated in the WAFI. Pre-book at a minimum of 48hrs in advance as it gets fully booked very quickly.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the pool are the best
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our first time in Dubai and we were very surprised to find somewhere so affordable. We found Arabian Park to be very good value for money, very clean with friendly staff and the food (included in aour half board stay) was gorgeous - great quality and great selections which varied night to night.
The shuttle bus was excellent, took us everywhere we wanted to go (all the must sees) and we were able to use it as a connection for places that it didn't go to (saving money by getting a taxi from nearer by). The bus also does airport runs throughout the day and night.
There are lounges on every floor, great if you have a late flight and a gorgeous pool which although small for the size of the hotel, was always quiet.
Be prepared if you are visiting Dubai during Ramadan as it is very diffcult to get food and more importantly water between 7am and 7pm - during these hours you are also not permitted to eat or drink in the communal areas of the hotel or by the poolside. As long as you are respectful and keep well stocked you should be fine. Travelling in Ramadan does have the advantage of having a less hectic holiday as it is much quieter.
I would definitely recommend Arabian Park to anyone visiting Dubai who wants to see the sight, experience the culture and have a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Ask to be looking over the pool for a nice view and backdrop of the city
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Arabian Park Hotel? Share your experiences!