“Wow, what a fantastic stay and accommodation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JA Oasis Beach Tower

Save Saved
You added JA Oasis Beach Tower to your Saves list
JA Oasis Beach Tower
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Al Sofouh Road | Dubai Marina, Dubai 26500, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #8 of 475 hotels in Dubai
hampshire, uk
“Wow, what a fantastic stay and accommodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed in a 2bed apartment at oasis beach tower apartments in may 2012 with 2 friends for my 50th birthday. Having read some of the reviews, I asked for a high floor so as to get the views of the sea, and the Palm. I was not disappointed - the view was fantastic although the balcony was a little scary for those with a fear of heights! The accommodation was so spacious and we had 2 very large bedrooms and 4 bathrooms! The kitchen was ver well equipped with a washer/dryer, full oven, microwave, fancy coffee machine and a very well stocked fridge. When we checked, the contents of the fridge and on the tray (biscuits, cereals etc) was free of charge. All the staff, both n reception and concierge were extremely helpful and on my birthday, we arrived back at the apartment after some time at the pool to find a beautiful cake with a birthday message from the hotel - what a lovely touch. These apartments are well located along the walk and near to all the restaurants and you are also able to visit their sister hotel, jebel Ali hotel by complimentary bus which is a beautiful sanctuary of many pools and beach. There is so much to see and do in Dubai, including the crossing of the Dubai creek on an abbra and the many shopping malls.

The only negative that I can think of its these apartments is the shady afternoon by the pool due to the tall building, but with temperatures in the high90's, sometimes this is not a problem! To compensate, we used the jebel Ali for sunbathing.

I would definitely return to these apartments again and would recommend as a great way to share accommodation with more than 2 people rather than in an hotel.

Room Tip: If you don't mind height, choose a high floor for fantastic views!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear JackyHampshire_Uk,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Oasis Beach Tower.

Firstly, I would like to personally wish you a belated “Happy Birthday”. Following other traveller’s reviews, I was pleased to know that we have met your expectations with regards to the apartment and the view from your accommodation. I would also like to thank you for your kind word about the kitchen which you have kindly mentioned was well-equipped.

I was delighted to read your positive remarks regarding my team who looked after you during your recent stay with us, whom you felt were extremely helpful. I will definitely ensure that these compliments are shared with them.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the future.

757 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Arabic first
Formby
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We paid for a premium apartment. The apartment smelt stale especially in the bedrooms. Almost as though it hadn't been used in a long time.
We asked for the twin to be made as a double but the beds were just pushed together
The safety chain on the front door would not reach to engage
I guess on the 40th floor you don't need a patio door that locks - ours had a broken lock
We paid a 'care premium' in case we damaged the apartment however a previous guest wasn't cleaned up after very well as silly string and a french fry are still in the central life fitting.
The chaise lounge has ominous white stains on it.
A lovely Bose system but there was no mention of a library to borrow DVDs or cds . This was offered at their sister Jebel Ali hotel and was greatly appreciated by me as I'm disabled
and enjoyed resting watching a good film.
The reception staff are lovely, after check in they showed us to our room which is really nice. The welcome pack is excellent

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear crystal f,

I would like to personally thank you for your positive remarks regarding my team who looked after you and your family during your recent stay with us, as well as the welcome pack, which you have kindly mentioned was excellent!

It is with great disappointment that I read your review which highlighted that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is certainly not our intention to have any of our guests disappointed; however, it is clear that we have failed to meet your expectations in many ways during your stay with us.

I would like to sincerely apologise for any shortfall, and for me to take the necessary action for improvement, I invite you to contact me directly at the hotel on generalmanager.obt@jaresorts.com to address your concerns in more detail.

I do hope that we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in Oasis Beach Tower, and once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdviser.

Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

It was a pleasure to meet Geg Moses, our contact person before arriving in Dubai. The meeting was brief, it was a very busy time for us all, but the personal touch very welcome. 47 Canadians stayed ath the OBT while competing at the World Parachuting Championships - Mondial Nov 28-Dec 9, 2013 and a few days either side.

We did very much enjoy our time at the OBT. The staff were always helpful and cheerful especially considering we all kept such odd hours, arrival times and depature dates. It was all sorted with the minimum of inconvenience to our team. I was most impressed the last morning we were there, one of the ladies with us came too late for breakfast, the food was cleared away. We were joking with her and comiserating. She wasn't going to starve to death and then without a word the server, Pardeep, appeared with a plate of food for her. This is, in my opinion, service above and beyond.

Our accommodation was great and most comfortable which is very important to participants at a competition of this magnitude. The location within walking distance of the Palm drop zone, very convenient for those of us who habitually miss buses. Convenient for strolling in the evening in a well populated and vibrant area. Convenient to shops, cafes and restaurants. We could even see the drop zone, the runway, preparations for the opening ceremonies and the competition from our hotel room balconies as well as the beautiful sea and beaches. Some of course had better views than others but that's the way of the world. Good excuse to go visiting!

For the Canadians I have to say thankyou and we hope we will stay with you again in the future.

Barb Davies
Head of Delegation 2013 Mondial
Canadian Sport Parachuting Association

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Barbara D,

I was extremely pleased to read your review, and I am happy to know that you and your team had an enjoyable stay with us. I do appreciate your positive remarks with regards to the hotel’s accessible location, as well as to your accommodation and the view, which you have kindly mentioned was great and most comfortable.

I would like to thank you for your personal acknowledgement and appreciation to my team who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you felt were helpful, cheerful and had exceeded your expectations. I will ensure that these compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

A big thanks from the German Delegation in parachuting for the friendly hospitality and service in the Oasis Beach Tower during the Worldchampionship in Dubai.
Everytime again!

Hope we see us again in the next coming years.

In name of the hole delegation,

Conan H.o.D.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Conan13,

I was delighted to read your review, and I would like to personally thank you for your kind words regarding my team whom you felt were friendly and hospitable. It was a pleasure to look after you and your group during your stay with us.

Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed at the Oasis beach tower for 12 days in October, 2 adults, 2 kids age 10 and 13. We arrived around midnight, and were welcomed by smiling and friendly staff, doing everything they could to make us feel comfortable after our long travel.
Overall, all of the staff were polite, friendly and very attentive without exaggerating. That goes to the staff in the reception area, the pool-area, the staff cleaning our apartment, etc. Smalltalk is a joy when you stay here. They also gave our kids a lot of attention, greeting them, asking how they liked their stay, what fun things they've been up to. Our kids really appreciated this, and so did we.
Our apartment were beautiful and spacious, with everything a family needs and more. Situated on the 48th floor with a magnificent view. Througout our stay the apartment were kept very tidy and clean, everthing taken care of.
If you stay at the Oasis, the pool-area is beautifully arranged, and perfect to stay at for entire days. Would also recommend the free access you get to the Jebel Ali golf resort & spa, we took several trips there and had a great time.
The location could'nt have been better, go out through the main entrance and you're directly at The Walk. The Walk is a must when you're visiting Dubai. We strolled around every evening, eating dinner (lots of good restaurants), sitting down at a little cafè having ice-cream, and looking at the melting pot of people walking by (and for my husband, admiring expensive cars driving by all evening).
A stay at the Oasis is expensive, but worth every penny. Can't think of any drawbacks at all, my only regret is not asking if I could take the slippers with me when we went home :-)
We've found our favourite stay in Dubai.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Lauvsnes,

It was very nice to read your review, and that you considered the hotel to be your favourite hotel in Dubai. I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel’s accessible location, the amenities and the facilities that are available in our property, as well as the apartment which you have kindly mentioned was beautiful and spacious,

I do also appreciate your very positive remarks with regards to my team whom you felt were welcoming, friendly, polite and very attentive. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I checked in with my mother and aunt for a 4 day holiday in Dubai.Read great reviews of this one, I was disappointed.The room was large but it had a bad view, the service is terrible and it is highly overpriced, only because it enjoys a good location. I do not recommend this one to anyone.

Room Tip: It enjoys a very good location.But the rooms have bad views and is not up to the mark.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear peeyaguha,

I was most disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations in some areas of your stay. Please allow me to personally apologise for any inconvenience you and your family may have experienced. It is in our best interest to immediately resolve any matters where by our guests are not satisfied, and I trust that all is now in order, following your recent telephone conversation with one of my team member.

Despite your disappointment, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future.

Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had a great week in Dubai helped by a very big premium appartment on the 46th floor with superb views (upgraded without asking) & a very good location which suited our needs. We arrived at 2.0 a.m. so the welcome pack was very much appreciated & enabled us to have a late breakfast in our room without having to search out a supermarket. As it was there is a mini supermarket selling the basics within the adjoining shopping Plaza about 30 yards away, We enjoyed the pool on the 2nd floor & always plenty of sun loungers to choose from.The Hotel will supply gear for the public beach which is just a few minutes away.
We can recommend Afternoon Tea at The Burj Al Arab for something completely different plus the fountains at The Dubai Mall with views of The Burj Al Khalifa. We didn't go up but noticed a long queu so if you want to go up suggest you explore whether you can pre book. We were thinking of using the new Metro but found taxis very cheap & more convenient
The Oasis Beach Tower Appartments are very spacious & well equiped (only small complaint is that there were only 4 small cups so tea went cold quickly- we like big beakers for our tea ) The decor is missing the wow factor but thank you to the cleaning staff for keeping our appartment spotlessly clean & keeping us provided with abundant clean towels & bed linen. We didn't use The Thyme Restaurant for a meal as we were put off on our first visit with the pub side full of T,V screens showing football & the restaurant side looking dark with no natural light.Outside on The JBWalk however there is plenty of cafes & restaurants & a real buzz with people & flash cars parading up & down & plenty of bling,
We had an early morning flight & had asked for an inspection of our appartment at 4.00 a.m. ( they must have had problems with damage & theft as they insist on checking your room as you check out before releasing your security deposit ) Didn't arrive but quickly sorted out by the check in associate.For some unknown reason they are unable to refund your credit card account & we ended up with 1700 dirhams in cash. Not what you want when you are going home ! One last tip Dubai Airport is very big so allow plenty of time. Also loads of shops in the Terminal but very little seating & all taken. We went to the Business Class lounge & even that was full & told we would have to wait. Didn't bother. Plenty of seating though once you have gone through your gate but no return to the shops,food & drink. Overall a really enjoyable holiday

Room Tip: You pay more for a view but otherwise room standards the same. The lifts were very fast & little...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear keithdonlon,

It was nice to read your detailed review of your recent visit to Dubai, and I am happy to know that you had a great and enjoyable holiday during your stay with us. I would like to thank you for your positive remarks about the hotel’s accessible location, welcome pack, as well as the apartment which you have kindly mentioned was very spacious, well equipped and spotlessly clean.

I have noted the areas for improvements which you have highlighted, and your welcomed feedback has been shared with my management team. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

William Harley-Fleming

Been to JA Oasis Beach Tower? Share your experiences!