“Excellent, we've found our favourite stay in Dubai.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JA Oasis Beach Tower

Save Saved
You added JA Oasis Beach Tower to your Saves list
JA Oasis Beach Tower
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Al Sofouh Road | Dubai Marina, Dubai 26500, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #8 of 475 hotels in Dubai
Stavanger, Norway
“Excellent, we've found our favourite stay in Dubai.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed at the Oasis beach tower for 12 days in October, 2 adults, 2 kids age 10 and 13. We arrived around midnight, and were welcomed by smiling and friendly staff, doing everything they could to make us feel comfortable after our long travel.
Overall, all of the staff were polite, friendly and very attentive without exaggerating. That goes to the staff in the reception area, the pool-area, the staff cleaning our apartment, etc. Smalltalk is a joy when you stay here. They also gave our kids a lot of attention, greeting them, asking how they liked their stay, what fun things they've been up to. Our kids really appreciated this, and so did we.
Our apartment were beautiful and spacious, with everything a family needs and more. Situated on the 48th floor with a magnificent view. Througout our stay the apartment were kept very tidy and clean, everthing taken care of.
If you stay at the Oasis, the pool-area is beautifully arranged, and perfect to stay at for entire days. Would also recommend the free access you get to the Jebel Ali golf resort & spa, we took several trips there and had a great time.
The location could'nt have been better, go out through the main entrance and you're directly at The Walk. The Walk is a must when you're visiting Dubai. We strolled around every evening, eating dinner (lots of good restaurants), sitting down at a little cafè having ice-cream, and looking at the melting pot of people walking by (and for my husband, admiring expensive cars driving by all evening).
A stay at the Oasis is expensive, but worth every penny. Can't think of any drawbacks at all, my only regret is not asking if I could take the slippers with me when we went home :-)
We've found our favourite stay in Dubai.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Lauvsnes,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Oasis Beach Tower.

It was very nice to read your review, and that you considered the hotel to be your favourite hotel in Dubai. I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel’s accessible location, the amenities and the facilities that are available in our property, as well as the apartment which you have kindly mentioned was beautiful and spacious,

I do also appreciate your very positive remarks with regards to my team whom you felt were welcoming, friendly, polite and very attentive. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future.

773 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Arabic first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I checked in with my mother and aunt for a 4 day holiday in Dubai.Read great reviews of this one, I was disappointed.The room was large but it had a bad view, the service is terrible and it is highly overpriced, only because it enjoys a good location. I do not recommend this one to anyone.

Room Tip: It enjoys a very good location.But the rooms have bad views and is not up to the mark.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear peeyaguha,

I was most disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations in some areas of your stay. Please allow me to personally apologise for any inconvenience you and your family may have experienced. It is in our best interest to immediately resolve any matters where by our guests are not satisfied, and I trust that all is now in order, following your recent telephone conversation with one of my team member.

Despite your disappointment, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future.

Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had a great week in Dubai helped by a very big premium appartment on the 46th floor with superb views (upgraded without asking) & a very good location which suited our needs. We arrived at 2.0 a.m. so the welcome pack was very much appreciated & enabled us to have a late breakfast in our room without having to search out a supermarket. As it was there is a mini supermarket selling the basics within the adjoining shopping Plaza about 30 yards away, We enjoyed the pool on the 2nd floor & always plenty of sun loungers to choose from.The Hotel will supply gear for the public beach which is just a few minutes away.
We can recommend Afternoon Tea at The Burj Al Arab for something completely different plus the fountains at The Dubai Mall with views of The Burj Al Khalifa. We didn't go up but noticed a long queu so if you want to go up suggest you explore whether you can pre book. We were thinking of using the new Metro but found taxis very cheap & more convenient
The Oasis Beach Tower Appartments are very spacious & well equiped (only small complaint is that there were only 4 small cups so tea went cold quickly- we like big beakers for our tea ) The decor is missing the wow factor but thank you to the cleaning staff for keeping our appartment spotlessly clean & keeping us provided with abundant clean towels & bed linen. We didn't use The Thyme Restaurant for a meal as we were put off on our first visit with the pub side full of T,V screens showing football & the restaurant side looking dark with no natural light.Outside on The JBWalk however there is plenty of cafes & restaurants & a real buzz with people & flash cars parading up & down & plenty of bling,
We had an early morning flight & had asked for an inspection of our appartment at 4.00 a.m. ( they must have had problems with damage & theft as they insist on checking your room as you check out before releasing your security deposit ) Didn't arrive but quickly sorted out by the check in associate.For some unknown reason they are unable to refund your credit card account & we ended up with 1700 dirhams in cash. Not what you want when you are going home ! One last tip Dubai Airport is very big so allow plenty of time. Also loads of shops in the Terminal but very little seating & all taken. We went to the Business Class lounge & even that was full & told we would have to wait. Didn't bother. Plenty of seating though once you have gone through your gate but no return to the shops,food & drink. Overall a really enjoyable holiday

Room Tip: You pay more for a view but otherwise room standards the same. The lifts were very fast & little...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear keithdonlon,

It was nice to read your detailed review of your recent visit to Dubai, and I am happy to know that you had a great and enjoyable holiday during your stay with us. I would like to thank you for your positive remarks about the hotel’s accessible location, welcome pack, as well as the apartment which you have kindly mentioned was very spacious, well equipped and spotlessly clean.

I have noted the areas for improvements which you have highlighted, and your welcomed feedback has been shared with my management team. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

I have recently returned from my second stay at the OBT in Dubai. Once again, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were well looked after by all of the staff. The hotel is in a great location and has views you can never get tired of. I only wish I could have stayed longer!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear tim_astley,

It is always a pleasure to read reviews, in particular from returning guests, and I am happy to know that you have had another great stay, and you were well looked after by all of my team. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Malmo, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Recently stayed at the Oasis Beach Tower, in one of their "Premium apartments". Our apartment was located on the 36th floor and was very nice. Upon arrival we were informed that the fridge had been filled up with various items and was complimentary. We also received complimentary bottled water every day. The hotel is in a very good location if you're here for a "beach holiday". The metro is not too far away, but it still takes time getting around, especially if you want to go into the city. There is no private beach, but the public beach is just a few steps a away and the hotel provide you with all the stuff that you need for a day on the beach.
So far so good...now to the not so good.

The breakfast restaurant "Thyme" is located on the first floor, but with no windows and very heavy interior. Feels like being in a dungeon. During breakfast the restaurant was filled with families with small children and most parents didn't keep an eye on them. The result of this was that some children were running around, touching everything at the buffé (mostly the bread). Taking stuff and then putting it back. Their parents didn't seem to care.

The "Premium Lounge" on the 33rd floor was not so "Premium". Again, the lounge was filled with families with children. We dropped by in the afternoon, once again children everywhere, grabbing stuff at the buffé, playing around with the food at the tables. It wasn't very pleasant, so we left.

In general a lot of staff is usually good, but at this hotel there was just too much staff from time to time. You didn't know who was doing what and sometimes the service given was very confusing.

Personally I am not sure if I would choose this hotel again. Although the apartment was very very nice and big, but the service wasn't as "Premium" as I had expected.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear cmjson,

I was pleased to read your review, and your kind words regarding the hotel’s accessible location which you have kindly mentioned was great, your apartment, as well as the welcome pack.

At the hotel, we do endeavour to cater for the needs and requirements of our international guests, and it can be challenging at times to control our guest’s individual behaviour. It is our aim to always provide the highest level of service to all our guests and to be flexible where possible. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to you if you felt any inconvenience or disturbance due to the manner of other guests at Thyme restaurant during breakfast.

It is with great disappointment that I read your review, and it is clear that we have failed to meet your expectations on this ocassion. I would be most interested in discussing your feedback in more detail, to allow us to address all of your concerns further. I would therefore invite you to contact me directly at generalmanager.obt@jaresorts.com.

Once again, I was extremely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the future.

Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We booked a a premium deal for a 3 bedroom apartment here; this included airport pick up and breakfast/snalck in lounge.
The check in was fine; the apartment was great; the staff were nice; the place was clean; breakfast 2nd to none.
All a bit spoiled when it took my husband 45 mins to check out
They tried to
1. charge us for 5 nights rather than 4
2. charge us for car pick up that was all included
3. Then when we paid part cash and part credit card they tried to charge us twice
Took ages to get sorted and made us late leaving for airport
... not a good end
My advice take your booking details with you including copies of all emails
Check your bill at least twice!

Dear karen.simpson,

I was delighted to read your positive comments in relation to your arrival experience, the apartment, my team, hotel’s cleanliness and the breakfast served in our very own Thyme restaurant.

I was however most disappointed and concerned to read about your departure experience, which was relating to some charges which you were not made aware of. I would be most interested in receiving further details from you in order for us to address your concerns, so please do not hesitate to contact me directly at generalmanager.obt@jaresorts.com.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bed apartment for 7 nights. from the moment we arrived the customer experience was first class even getting a tour of the apartment. A welcome pack was provided which was very helpful as it included all the essentials to see you through the first few days. We had breakfast included in our stay which was excellent with a vast array of choice all of good quality.

The apartment was spotless and was thoroughly cleaned every day but the highlight was the staff at the Oasis Beach Towers (OBT) It was my son's birthday while we were there, which we hadn't mentioned to the hotel but we had left some of his cards up in the apartment. when we returned that night there was a delicious birthday cake, candle and matches left in the room for him.

You can visit the OBT's sister hotel - the Jebel Ali beach hotel with free transportation. when we went the bus was full so the Asst manager arranged a taxi for us and reimbursed the cost!

The pool area is lovely and very quiet. There is building work going on but it didn't cause any problems. The OBT is on JBR walk which has loads of restaurants - the only down side to this is the traffic in the evenings but you can get the taxi to drop you off one block back from JBR and its an easy 2 minute walk to the OBT from there.

We had a great time and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear JudithandAlan1664,

I was delighted to read that you had a great time and fantastic stay with us! I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the apartment’s cleanliness, welcome pack provided, as well as the breakfast in Thyme restaurant.

It was also great to read your positive comments with regards to our associates, which you have kindly mentioned was the highlight of your stay.

William Harley-Fleming

Been to JA Oasis Beach Tower? Share your experiences!