“Good but spoiled by rubbish check out” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JA Oasis Beach Tower

Save Saved
You added JA Oasis Beach Tower to your Saves list
JA Oasis Beach Tower
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Al Sofouh Road | Dubai Marina, Dubai 26500, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #8 of 477 hotels in Dubai
Leeds
“Good but spoiled by rubbish check out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We booked a a premium deal for a 3 bedroom apartment here; this included airport pick up and breakfast/snalck in lounge.
The check in was fine; the apartment was great; the staff were nice; the place was clean; breakfast 2nd to none.
All a bit spoiled when it took my husband 45 mins to check out
They tried to
1. charge us for 5 nights rather than 4
2. charge us for car pick up that was all included
3. Then when we paid part cash and part credit card they tried to charge us twice
Took ages to get sorted and made us late leaving for airport
... not a good end
My advice take your booking details with you including copies of all emails
Check your bill at least twice!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear karen.simpson,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Oasis Beach Tower.

I was delighted to read your positive comments in relation to your arrival experience, the apartment, my team, hotel’s cleanliness and the breakfast served in our very own Thyme restaurant.

I was however most disappointed and concerned to read about your departure experience, which was relating to some charges which you were not made aware of. I would be most interested in receiving further details from you in order for us to address your concerns, so please do not hesitate to contact me directly at generalmanager.obt@jaresorts.com.

Despite your disappointment, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future.

777 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bed apartment for 7 nights. from the moment we arrived the customer experience was first class even getting a tour of the apartment. A welcome pack was provided which was very helpful as it included all the essentials to see you through the first few days. We had breakfast included in our stay which was excellent with a vast array of choice all of good quality.

The apartment was spotless and was thoroughly cleaned every day but the highlight was the staff at the Oasis Beach Towers (OBT) It was my son's birthday while we were there, which we hadn't mentioned to the hotel but we had left some of his cards up in the apartment. when we returned that night there was a delicious birthday cake, candle and matches left in the room for him.

You can visit the OBT's sister hotel - the Jebel Ali beach hotel with free transportation. when we went the bus was full so the Asst manager arranged a taxi for us and reimbursed the cost!

The pool area is lovely and very quiet. There is building work going on but it didn't cause any problems. The OBT is on JBR walk which has loads of restaurants - the only down side to this is the traffic in the evenings but you can get the taxi to drop you off one block back from JBR and its an easy 2 minute walk to the OBT from there.

We had a great time and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear JudithandAlan1664,

I was delighted to read that you had a great time and fantastic stay with us! I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the apartment’s cleanliness, welcome pack provided, as well as the breakfast in Thyme restaurant.

It was also great to read your positive comments with regards to our associates, which you have kindly mentioned was the highlight of your stay.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I can only reiterate how good this place is. Great value for money. We were given a huge apartment on the 46th floor. More than enough space for the party of four of us. Wondeful pool area - perfect for my three year old daughter- just the right amount of shade.
Best location around and great price. I searched long and hard for the perfect place. It really does live up to the rave reviews on here.

Dear Sherry K,

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and that you felt it was great value for money. I would like to thank you for your kind words’ regarding the accommodation which you felt was spacious.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have taken my time in writing this review, as no amount of raving will do justice to this fabulous property. We had our spacious suite of rooms on the 49th floor, and had spectacular views all around. The rooms were really large, clean, contemporary, elegant and stylish. The hotel is infused with a sense of relaxed luxury.

From the point of welcome to our departure we were also surrounded with great service. There were four of us staying in the suite and every single person loved this hotel.

There was enough breakfast food in the room for the first day. There are numerous great restaurants on the street where this hotel is located. There are also two supermarkets, the smaller one being on the ground floor of the hotel towers, while the larger one is located across the street behind the hotel.

The hotel also has shuttles that take guests ti places like the Emirates Mall, which can be very convenient. If you are planning on taking taxis on a Friday, which is their weekend day, traffic turns to a crawl on the street where this hotel is located and taxis are hard to come by, so plan accordingly.

There is a beach within walking distance, where we went, but we also took advantage of the shuttle service to go to the beach club of their sister hotel located on one of the Palm branches that has been built out in the Persian Gulf. Both experiences were very pleasant. The beach club waters are very calm, and there are great beach chairs and towels available to the guests. For the nearby beach, one has to bring their own towels, and the waters are very wavy.

We were in Dubai during their high season in March, so it was not atrociously hot outside, but the water for swimming in the Persian Gulf was on the cooler side. While Dubai has so much to offer in all respects (and we tried to take it all in, from Burj Al Arab to Burj Khalifa and everything in between), one can also have a great vacation by just spending time at this hotel and taking in the amenities and surrounding area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear JasmineMarti,

It was indeed a pleasure to read your very candid review, and I am happy to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. I would like to personally thank you for your kind words regarding the apartment which you have kindly mentioned were spacious, clean, contemporary, elegant, and stylish with spectacular views.

I highly appreciate your detail description of the hotel’s facilities and amenities, accessibility to restaurants, supermarkets and the beach that you enjoyed.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We just spent a night at the Oasis Hotel in Dubai. Overall, we had a magnificent stay.

First of all, although technically a hotel, the hotel looks more like a building with luxury apartments. It is a 50 story, all glass building in front of the best beach in Dubai, in the Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) area, with amazing panoramic views. The location could not be better.

We rented a 2-bedroom unit. At arrival, we were happily surprised when we have been assigned a 200 square meter unit in the penthouse (49th floor)! Huge! All windows had panoramic views of the beach and the Palm Jumeirah. The details of the unit could have been better or more consistent with the building (all tiles throughout, quality of furniture, etc.), but overall it was very good. The apartment had a huge kitchen with stainless steel appliances and even a washer and dryer. There was included food in the kitchen.

The building had all the necessary amenities: a great pool area, although not sunny given the tall buildings, a big gym, restaurants in the lobby, and a lobby that was functional, although not really big. Wifi was free in common areas, and also in our apartment (although not in all apartments, I was told)

The big attraction was the elevators, which were fast and all glass, facing the Dubai skyline. It was a real treat to go to the penthouse and appreciate the skyline.

The personnel were extremely good. Our front desk person was a very nice guy from Philippines (unfortunately don’t remember the name…), who did his best to accommodate us and give us the best possible room. He even escorted us personally to our room. The concierge personnel were also extremely helpful, when helping us booking a desert tour and finding a doctor.

Overall, a great stay.

Room Tip: Call the hotel in advance, and arrive early. Askl for a room facing the beach
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Fernando-Botargues,

I was very pleased to read that overall you had a magnificent stay with us! I would like to thank you for your kind words’ regarding the accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was spacious, as well as having fabulous views. I was also pleased to read that all of the features in the apartment was to your expectations.

Please allow me to personally thank you for your positive remarks regarding the facilities and amenities available in the hotel, as well as to my team who looked after you during your recent stay with us, and whom you felt were extremely good and helpful. I will ensure that these compliments are shared with them

Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

16 of us stayed here for a week. The apartments are huge with plenty of space but the hotel itself lacks a lot. First off the lobby is basically on the ground floor of a mall and you never really feel like your In a nice hotel, rather the food court of a mall that just happens to have a hotel in it.

Second, the Internet is too slow to even surf the web. Want to Skype or FaceTime? Forget about it, the wifi will not support it.

There is also no liqueur license here so the hotel cannot serve beer or wine. Not a deal breaker for. Ost but we found it a bit of a pain to try to find a cold one in the mall :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Zkirby,

I was pleased to read your positive words regarding the apartments; however, I was disappointed to know that you were not satisfied with some areas of your recent stay.

We do appreciate the importance of services such as the internet speed, which I am pleased to update that we are currently in the process of reviewing a future upgrade. In the United Arab Emirates, internet censorship applies and for that reason some websites are blocked including “Skype”. I would like to apologise if this information was not explained to you, and for any inconvenience you may have experienced, however this is unfortunately beyond our control.

Furthermore, like other Muslim countries, in respect to their culture and religion, there are certain restrictions in place including consumption of alcoholic beverages. We do understand that we have a mix of International guests in the hotel; therefore we have our own restaurant Thyme for available alcoholic beverage consumptions, and it is located on the first floor of our hotel.

I would be happy for you to contact me directly at generalmanager.obt@jaresorts.com if I can assist you any further, or please provide us with a contact number so we can discuss this matter in more details.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Good location for the public beach with taxis needed to get to any of Dubais attractions. We had a 2 bed apartment on 47th floor with a huge lounge dining area, massive bedrooms, four toilets and an exellent view. Staff, particularly Glenn at poolside were very friendly & helpfull. Bar restaraunt 'Thyme' on first floor served a good pint and the only thing not up to scratch was the entrance and they are currently working on this.

Room Tip: Higher floors dont have balconies but what a view & don't forget to try the bar.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Gissard,

I was pleased to read your review, and I am happy to know that overall you had enjoyed the facilities and amenities available in your accommodation, as well as our very own Thyme restaurant. I do appreciate your personal acknowledgement for my team, whom you felt were very friendly and helpful.

William Harley-Fleming

Been to JA Oasis Beach Tower? Share your experiences!